Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Since the election, reloading supplies that had disappeared for YEARS suddenly show up in mass on retailer's shelves. Now you can find any caliber of brass, all the .22LR you can shoot, and almost any powder you may need, even pistol powders, are showing up in quantity. I would say the drought is over. Did the election of Donald Trump cause this glut of formerly unobtainable items to appear at stores within 2 weeks as the hoarders relaxed a bit, or was it something else?

Yesterday at my local whorehouse as an example.....and ALL brands of powder that had been missing for a long long time was stocked full.

[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I look forward to some time without politically motivated market influence.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I look forward to some time without politically motivated market influence.

Yeah, it would be nice to not have to budget "what if I step into a store and actually find large primers today?"

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Now that I have 10,000 primers and 50 lbs if powder. Better get a few more!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Also in the news-

Interplanetary relationships change by 20% in preparation for Trump presidency.

LOL
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I took a walk through the new Gander Mountain in town last weekend. They had 22lr overflowing from numerous display shelves. Makes you wonder where it's all been for so long.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Techsan
I took a walk through the new Gander Mountain in town last weekend. They had 22lr overflowing from numerous display shelves. Makes you wonder where it's all been for so long.

More likely to wonder just which Government Department had the leash on and which set of orders allowed it.

You lot did a lot more than just get rid of a thieving bitch.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Local Academy has a whole endcap of .22's. Also has a bit of powder and a few primers. Life is good without the thrice-accursed liberal at the helm.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Dems are no friends of the shooting sports and I'm sure they did all they could to mess things up the last 8 years. What they didn't mess up the hoarders and gougers took care of. Looking forward to more normal supplies and more realistic prices.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ar15 stuff will fall real soon. PSA has uppers for 199 and bcg & charging handle for 79.00.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not seeing it here. The powders and primers have been quite available for several months. Strolled through for a look Monday, and it looks the same. .22lr has been readily available for a while, but primarily expensive target grade stuff (Norma) and Aguila round nose loads. Still have not seen any of the bulk HVHP stuff that I prefer for the field on the shelves.

Curiously...the 9mm HP I've been getting for a long time now along was completely cleaned out. Plenty of 9mm ball. Plenty of HP in .38, .357, .40, .45acp, and even 10mm - but zero 9mm. Huh?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
its over when I see Alliant Powder products readily available and still have seen no glut of 22 LR out here locally or up in Potland...or Eugene where Cabelas are at...

The 22 LR I have seen, costs as much for 50, as I use to pay for a box of 550 Federals at Wally World...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only powder I've been having trouble finding is H4350. Seems like the rest of the stuff I use has been readily available for awhile.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Makes you wonder how the supplies can appear so quickly.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The situation has been slowly improving around here for at least a year. I don't think anything has changed on the supply end in the three weeks since the election. I made the decision to increase my stockpile well before the election and had everything I wanted (except a couple 8-pounders of Unique) by this past spring. I'm sure there are guys out there on a tight budget who were still trying to lay in supplies right up to Election Day. They would buy a pound of powder or a brick of primers from their local stores whenever they had a little money left over after the bills. That is what has changed - the pressure to buy 'just in case' is gone. When the rate that supplies are leaving the stores drops drastically, it may appear that supply has all the sudden increased.

Last edited by savage24; 11/30/16.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EdM
Makes you wonder how the supplies can appear so quickly.

They've been hidden in the basement in hopes a pound of powder would bring $50.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haven't been by the place where I get most of my powder, primers, etc. lately but today I noticed that the local Wal-Mart seems to ALWAYS have 22LR, 22WMR, and even 22 shorts in stock. The shelves used to be bare every time I was there or they only had stuff for about a day or two. Haven't run out of anything but there's some stuff I should be replenishing in the near future.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gun store guy told me last year that in a conference call with distributors they had talked about the industry gearing up and stockpiling for a run after Hillary was elected. The sudden appearance of long absent items would seem to lend credence to that.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I will believe it is over when I can find H-4350 on the shelf regularly. That is the one that has been the worst to try and find.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have bought 2 8 pound jugs of Varget over the last few weeks......and found primers for reasonable prices......seeing lots and lots of 22 ammo around here for $.05 a round...............I am pretty good now for a while, just need to bulk order a few bullets and Ill be good for a while.......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (afisher, 35, Anaconda, Amos63, 9 invisible), 1,447 guests, and 795 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,493
Posts18,472,100
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.