Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Rolly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am looking for a ranch/outfitter in west Texas that will take a rifle hog hunter for guided 2-3 day hunt this mid-winter. I would prefer to stay on the ranch and eat on the ranch. My wife will be accompaning me but she is a non hunter. I would like someplace nice but it doesn't need to be a spectacular place either. Nice, clean, neat with good help, good food, good beds and a genuine ranch type atmosphere.
Can I get any personal recommendations from you guys and perhaps a contact number and/or web page ?

Thanks

Rolly
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Why only west Texas?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What are you calling West Texas? To me West Texas is the Trans Pecos area and there are very few hogs out there except for some localities that have a bunch like Balmorae.

Some people think of Abilene as west Texas and the Nail Ranch there has lots. It's a nice place but pricey although I don't know the cost for hogs only.

Areas with the most hogs are south and east Texas all the way to the coast.

There is a nice ranch in Brady with hogs you might try the Chamber of Commerce there or the taxidermy shops for info.

I have shot so many I only do it for meat anymore so sorry that I don't have any specifics.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Do you want archery or rifle. If archery, I know of a place about 30 miles west of SA.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Most wild hogs ive seen were in the pecos river country of west Texas and north of the rocky canyon country of SW Texas.

Any country 40 miles either side of the river in the desert/praire country that isnt heavily trapped or hunted has tons of them.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Rolly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I called West Texas because I will be driving from the Phoenix area and I wanted the hunt area to be as relatively close as possible. The hunt will be a rifle only hunt. Daylight too. Not intereted in helicopters or the night vision goggles shooting business. Just old time hunting. Nothing fancy.

Rolly
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Tons of hogs around Austin, all over Texas really.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
As Jaquar said Pecos River or Balmorhea but I don't know of any hog hunting operations around there. I would check with the various outfitters that hunt west and see what they could offer. Around Eldorado (be sure to pronounce it Eldahraydo) there are some, west but not really West Texas. Magnum Outfitters operates out of Eldorado check their web site. He doe's mostly more glamorous hunts but might know of some options.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Check with "Free Hog Hunting in Texas". While not free at $299 for 3ays and 2 nights it's hard to beat. Several packages available. Nice lodge and food. Check it out...I'm going to. powdr

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,431
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.