Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Esox357 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I managed to bag my first muzzleloader buck using a CVA and 250 grain Sabot with Triple 7 Powder. I observed 4 does come out in the field an hour before sunset and a larger deer with horns just above his ears go through the field.

The buck was big bodied and was rutted up. I fired and he fled the field. I lost sight of him and waited since he did not show he was hit. I waited 30 minutes more and saw the same buck come back into the field following that doe.

I fired this time and managed to hit him behind the shoulder, he made it 40 yards before collapsing. I got up on him and noticed the 1st shot had actually grazed him (high) cutting a path of hair above his shoulder.

He was so big I was going to quarter him. A Sheriff Deputy stopped me since it was well dark by the time I had him dragged and gutted. I asked the Sheriff Deputy after checking me if he could give me a hand getting him loaded up? I had actually started to quarter the back since I couldn't manage to lift the deer. We managed to get the deer loaded and I was on my way to the processor after calling the Telecheck to get it "checked in".

I hear a bang on the door this morning at 0930 hours. I answered to find 2 police officers standing at my door. Apparently the blood on the bumper of my car and the tarp I had discarded had made someone call it in? I laughed briefely and explained that muzzleloader season had opened (December)......but I got "kick" out of the female officer's response, saying I need to clean up my vehicle? I almost told her I was going to leave it? I got the vehicle fueled up and ran it through the car wash but what a deal.

I don't know how to post pics from my cell phone to the forum?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd have told her to kiss my ass and if she wanted my truck cleaned, the hose is around back.

Congrats on the buck!

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Liberal state?

Maybe she was doing a bit of bleeding herself at the time.

I got pulled over by a female state trooper in Northern Michigan. She told me I was speeding, told me "nice buck", and let me go.

$hit half of Michigan looks like a murder scene this time of year. It is just that in Detroit it isn't deer blood😆

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Congrats on the buck and on not going to jail. lol

Per pictures, you'll have to have an account with someone 'like' Photobucket. You upload the pics to the photoshop then you can transfer them here or elsewhere that accepts electronic pics.

It's easier than it sounds and very easy after you learn how to do it. Good luck.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Esox357 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys, It was actually in Wyoming of all places? Colorado might be rubbing off on them?

I'm tagged out with two deer from Nebraska. I hope that my buddy decides to go out this upcoming weekend to try to fill his anterless tag.

PS. I will see if I can't figure out the picture thing.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,439 guests, and 780 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.