Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
With the constant downloading of information...later dude...

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Godspeed bro... on the...hangin'...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't have any problems at all. Windows 10 on my surface Pro, Google Chrome, Adblock Plus, PC Matic anti-virus.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am trying to break it on iPhone, iPad, and PC.

Believe me if there is an issue I want to know so I can fix it.

Device?
Browser?
Wifi or cellular?

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I phone 6

It's particularly bad. Deleting history isn't working

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Not a problem at all. Firefox with adblock works wonders. Mercury with adblock on the I-phone and I-pad same same. No worries.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am typing this on iPhone 6 (plus). No issues.

Tried wifi, and now cellular, and not a hitch.

That is NOT to say that you are not having issues, but it's something else.

Are you on cellular and who is your carrier?

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I phone 7 no issues

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It's definitely this site because I'm a member of several others and this is the only one with issues.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It's definitely this site because I'm a member of several others and this is the only one with issues.

Guys, Rick is asking the right questions.

-Specific device model?
-Browser? Might be good to know current browser version too (I recommend Chrome with adblock and adblock plus plugins)
-Wifi or cell?

Granted every month or two I have issues on an iPhone 6, Verizon, Safari browser with no plugins... but have not had an issue on this site in at least 2 weeks. My phone continues to use a low amount of data. But I AM NOT HAVING PROBLEMS RIGHT THIS MOMENT. I'm not saying anyone else isn't having problems. Just suggesting those with issues provide more info for Rick's bug hunting expedition... bugs as in software. Rick needs to try to repro your problem. Knowing your hardware and software will be immensely helpful to him.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For me no issues on ipad, LG android, iphone 4 (yes it is old) or my tired old PC running linux.

Ted
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Been almost unusable on Android phone, Verizon cell or WiFi multiple carriers, Chrome nogo, Firefox w/AB NoGo. Quite often can't get the virtual keyboard to open when in a dialog box? Or it will open briefly and then go to hell on me. And there will be times that multiple ad sections are trying to load the same ad and just keep loading and loading and loading. So there will be multiples of a single company's ad. Not sure if this is related to current issue folks have as I generally don't even try to get on the 'Fire anymore except from the PC running Firefox and ADPlus. A couple few years ago I could use Android phone and tablets all the time with full functionality....

Today, just now, opened up a PM string on Android phone to test (Droid Razr Maxx) Firefox with AB. There's Nikon on the right of the 24Hour banner, Cabela's below that horizontally. Whittaker's ad, center horizontally, between messages. On the right there's a Swarovski ad, square box. Then an End Hunger ad above the calendar, a blank below the calendar, then the Who's Online box, then another End Hunger Ad below that. At the bottom there's three squares, the right two are both Leica ads simultaneously, with horizontal strip below that is also a Leica ad. And then a small centered Zales ad at bottom. No Chevy trucks, LOL. The page took several minutes to fully load. No exaggeration, longer than it took to type this (on the PC) hunt and peck modified. It be broke. This is on a fairly fast WiFi connection, Montana Internet, but it behaved the same for many many months on Comcast as well. At some point in the past, Chrome (Android versions) stopped working altogether and I went with Firefox w/ABplus and it worked for a while I thought it all golden, until lately... Not saying my stuff is perfect, but like has been said many other times, this stuff is isolated to 24Hour for me too. I simply have no issues with my Android phone or tablet elsewhere, zero, none. It seems related to ads loading and from past comments that can vary by region or carrier or such... It is certainly wonky to have multiple ads from the same company at once, no?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This sort of thread has come up at least once a month for the past few years.

It's nothing new, and it's not likely to change based on past observations.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is the slowest loading and functioning site, i have ever seen. I've had posts that wouldn't finish typing, or would just freeze, or would not open to edit. I had a post a day or two ago, that took more than half an hour to post and edit a few short paragraphs.

Phone is a galaxy 6, i believe, I have no issues on any other site. I am a member of several sites, including a site where I critique books.
It is difficult to hold a conversation when you can watch the letters slowly crawl across the screen, even when using voice texting.
It acts just as slow with my windows 8.1 tablet.

Last edited by kellory; 12/02/16.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have no issues when viewing on my PC, Windows 8 Google Chrome, but.

When viewing in my Iphone 5(s), I have issues.

I can view the Forum home page without issues, as soon as I click on a Thread I am redirected to an app store to purchase some crap.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RickBin
I am trying to break it on iPhone, iPad, and PC.

Believe me if there is an issue I want to know so I can fix it.

Device?
Browser?
Wifi or cellular?

iPhone 4S reloads every 30 seconds using safari with updated adblocker. WiFi or cell. The problem comes and goes. It will be fine for a week then drive me nuts for days on end. The only other sites that do this are ones with big pop-ups and/or streaming content, and those are rare.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
LG Sunset Android. My biggest problems are redirects when the page fully loads. WiFi or cell, it doesn't matter. Once it happens I just stay off the 'fire for a few days before trying again. Sometimes a couple of days will do it. Sometimes it is a week. Only happens here.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
On my iPhone 5, Safari has become unusable with this site. I've gone to Adblock browser and it works.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm no computer expert, but it does seem like this is much more prevalent on the phones. All I can say is on my computer, I've never had an issue here, not one. I don't use my phone for internet, but you guys have me wondering. I'll have to pull up this site on the phone and see what happens.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

My experience as well. No issues at the moment. Often slows down to the point that I just give up. It is slowing down right now as I type. I see messages down at the bottom of my browser window that would seem to indicate that all kinds of things are trying to download at the moment. I am running Chrome on my Mac and don't have these issues on any other site.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

217 members (2UP, 257 mag, 37L1, 35, 240NMC, 22 invisible), 1,656 guests, and 894 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,620
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.