Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I say no.

Departments care about these three things in this order:
1. Cost of weapon
2. Cost of ammo
3. Cost of accessories (holsters, magazines, tactical lights, etc)

It's all about the budget.

Buy once, cry once.
GB1

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing will replace the Glock as the Premiere Law Enforcement Weapon if for no other reason cost per weapon.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
You guys realize the idea that Glock is carried by the overwhelming majority of LE officers comes from Glock, right?

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
You guys realize the idea that Glock is carried by the overwhelming majority of LE officers comes from Glock, right?

Dave
Certainly the plurality.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Glock likes to reference departments like NYPD and CPD but the reality is the Glock is only one of the pistols those cops can choose from. And neither department buys them. The individual cops buy them.

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Just one example, but my nephew is on the Phoenix PD. Only Glocks are issued, and they can't pick anything else even if they buy it. I believe he even told me he has to choose Glock for an off duty gun, but I will have to verify that last point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Virtually all the cops in my area carry Glock. Most are department issue (cost per unit factor/positive reputation) and some carry Glock by personal choice. In departments that allow individual choice there are a very small percentage of M&P and XD pistols seen. The only department that doesn't issue a G22 around here is the town I live in city PD, and these officers are issued the Sig P220 .45 ACP.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Glock likes to reference departments like NYPD and CPD but the reality is the Glock is only one of the pistols those cops can choose from. And neither department buys them. The individual cops buy them.

Dave

All new NYPD recruits as of this year will be issued Glock 17's. They no longer will have the option of Glock, Sig or Smith & Wesson. The new Glock will cost them $500. Offices already on the job can switch to the Glock 17 but it will cost them $500, which they are a little ticked off about. The NYPD feels that the Glock 17 will allow their police offices to shoot more accurately:) My brothers (Retired New York City detective) friend is a instructor at Rodmans's Neck, That comes from him. I believe it is Hillsborough New Jersey police department just switched to the Sig 320, don't know what they were issued prior. Talking to one of their police offices he told me that they are very happy with them.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Thanks Bam BAm. Didn't know they changed policy.

Dave

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Just one example, but my nephew is on the Phoenix PD. Only Glocks are issued, and they can't pick anything else even if they buy it. I believe he even told me he has to choose Glock for an off duty gun, but I will have to verify that last point.

There are many departments that are more restrictive but I don't think Phoenix would even make the Top 10 in size.

Dave

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I come from a place that issues the Glock 17. It's hard to beat the logistics of issuing glocks. The company does a good job of taking care of you, parts are everywhere, armorer schools are plentiful, and they run. That being said, the new Sig 320 is legit. Sig now is a far cry from Sig 10 years ago. They have made huge strides to improve product and offer other quality items other than firearms. They will grab some of Glocks market, by it may be awhile before it is significant.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by avonac
I come from a place that issues the Glock 17. It's hard to beat the logistics of issuing glocks. The company does a good job of taking care of you, parts are everywhere, armorer schools are plentiful, and they run. That being said, the new Sig 320 is legit. Sig now is a far cry from Sig 10 years ago. They have made huge strides to improve product and offer other quality items other than firearms. They will grab some of Glocks market, by it may be awhile before it is significant.
High bore axis killed the P320 for me, when compared to a Glock. You can really feel the difference. You have to wonder why they would make it that way when a striker fired mechanism doesn't require it, lacking a hammer which is what usually gets in the way of designing a lower bore axis.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Are they going to take the LE community by storm in the next 5-10 years?

They're a plug-n-play as far as contracts are concerned and optics and suppressors aren't going to get less popular.

Clark

The UK JTT Force, I think that's what they call them, we're just recently issued the Sig MCX with 12.5 inch barrels and Sig optics. Pennsylvania State trooper's went from Glock to Sig 227. That was about three years ago, I can find out if they still are issued them. Sig can supply law-enforcement with long arms and side arms all from one source. MCX,MPX,320,not a bad package.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BamBam
Are they going to take the LE community by storm in the next 5-10 years?

They're a plug-n-play as far as contracts are concerned and optics and suppressors aren't going to get less popular.

Clark

The UK JTT Force, I think that's what they call them, we're just recently issued the Sig MCX with 12.5 inch barrels and Sig optics. Pennsylvania State trooper's went from Glock to Sig 227. That was about three years ago, I can find out if they still are issued them. Sig can supply law-enforcement with long arms and side arms all from one source. MCX,MPX,320,not a bad package.

psp has had the 227 for 2 years now.

the troopers wanted sigs long before they got Glocks.

originally when PSP went searching for a replacement for their Beretta Sig offered to provide each sworn officer with a back up gun at no charge providing the agency would allow Sig to use their likenesses and patch in advertisements. psp said no. and sig withdrew completely. Psp then selected Glock 37s and then switched to Glock 21s. after having some frame problems with the 21s they went back to sig and ultimately selected the P227

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Recheck that Dave, NYPD supplies and issues their officers sidearms. The S.O. in many FL counties, including ours do as well. Sig P226 is very popular here with many Depts.

I remember the bad old days when we bought our sidearms AND leather.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by T LEE
Recheck that Dave, NYPD supplies and issues their officers sidearms. The S.O. in many FL counties, including ours do as well. Sig P226 is very popular here with many Depts.

I quoted that the New York City Police Department charges recruits for their side arms. I do not know why I put that in my comment,they do not pay for them they are issued. If any police officer already on the job wanted one they have to purchase it themselves for 500 bucks. Sorry for the confusion.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
DeFlave: No.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE

That's a double-edged sword. Some bureaucracies get it right and some are guided by the unsubstantiable, anecdotal prejudices of the “experts” who select stuff. Sometimes, it’s better to eat the cost for more functional gear. Of course, being forced to pay for pre-selected bad stuff really sucks.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Nephew got back to me. His department is a strictly Glock department, on or off duty. Only exception is while hunting or otherwise sport shooting.

His department is the sixth largest in the country, i.e., Phoenix PD.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,431
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.