S
I'm sure trains are much safer.......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
When you google up, the Keystone XL Pipeline you see different stories about really how much good it does for the US??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.livescience.com/39625-aquifers.html

Sorry guys, misspelled
This site is so slow, I've resorted to voice texting. And i can see words spelled slowly, letter by letter, across the screen. It took so long to finish, i didn't double check it.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Oh, did you figure out which pipeline we were discussing?

What's an Aquapfor?

Aquaphor® Healing Ointment for Dry Cracked Skin
Link: https://www.aquaphorus.com/
Aquaphor Healing Ointment is the #1 dermatologist recommended ointment for dry, cracked skin, uniquely formulated to soothe a variety of skin woes.
‎Products · ‎Body Care · ‎Money Back Guarantee · ‎How Does Aquaphor® Work

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Northman
Got any numbers on how much leakes each year from the pipelines. Its not a small number.

Apparently you know the answer? What is it? Leaks vs. miles of pipelines, preferably.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It would be interesting to see a comparison between the pipeline protesters and the Oregon ones. As well as a comparison between what the Feds have done in both cases. I suspect there are some differences.

Bb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WildWest
When you google up, the Keystone XL Pipeline you see different stories about really how much good it does for the US??

That pipeline is highly symbolic....just a drop in the barrel (no pun intended). There are people at the 'Fire(on this thread as a matter of fact) that know pretty much everything there is to know about it. I won't rat 'em out, because when somebody tries to give real facts around here, the nuts come out like roaches.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ltppowell

That pipeline is highly symbolic....just a drop in the barrel (no pun intended). There are people at the 'Fire(on this thread as a matter of fact) that know pretty much everything there is to know about it. I won't rat 'em out, because when somebody tries to give real facts around here, the nuts come out like roaches.

grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus

this country runs on oil. both sides of the issue know that.

I think you might be making an "assumption, large" in this regard. I have bantered in a few places about this issue, and most people don't seem to have a clue that the roads they drive on, the vehicles they drive, the fuel that moves them all come from fossil sources; that the homes they live in are coated, vapor-sealed, sided, decorated, floored, wired, plumbed, and roofed with fossil-sourced materials. They don't consider the fact that their food is grown and delivered via fossil fuels, that even medicine and accompanying facilities and accoutrements are fossil dependent.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by ltppowell

grin

ROACH! laugh

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by Gus

this country runs on oil. both sides of the issue know that.

I think you might be making an "assumption, large" in this regard. I have bantered in a few places about this issue, and most people don't seem to have a clue that the roads they drive on, the vehicles they drive, the fuel that moves them all come from fossil sources; that the homes they live in are coated, vapor-sealed, sided, decorated, floored, wired, plumbed, and roofed with fossil-sourced materials. They don't consider the fact that their food is grown and delivered via fossil fuels, that even medicine and accompanying facilities and accoutrements are fossil dependent.

I wonder how much college level chemistry ø has taken. ø.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got any numbers on how much leakes each year from the pipelines. Its not a small number.

If they don't build a pipeline they will transport the oil by trains that cross the same rivers with the same amounts, just at a much higher cost.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

This isn't about Keystone.
Reading comprehension is good for the US also.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Seeing that you are to lazy to do your own research I thought I would do it for you. It only took me about a hour to find these FACTS,
PHMSA - the Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration - Office of Pipeline Safety ... data shows in 2015 there were 16.2 billion barrels - nearly 2/3rds trillion gallons - transported thru more than 200,000 miles of pipelines - 72,000 miles transporting crude oil, in the US.

There were 454 total incident involving spills or leaks. Of those 71% occurred ON the oil companies site, were captured by the onsite safety systems and posed no risk to the public.

That leaves a total of just 130 incidents that posed a potential risk to the public. 130 incidents over 16.2 billion barrels shipped. 130 incident over 200,000+ miles of pipeline.
So let's go further and look at the DETAILS OF THOSE 130 incidents ...
First, there were a total of 20,021 barrels spilled ...an avg overall of 154 barrels per spill.
But let's look even closer ....
83% of those spills - 108 - were less than 50 barrels
But lets look even closer ...
44%, or 57 of 130, were less than 1 barrel - a max total spill of 57 barrels
21%, or 27 of 130, were 1 to 5 barrels - a max total spill of 135 barrels
18%, or 24 of 130, were 5 to 50 barrels - a max total spill of 1,200 barrels
Add that up - 83%, 108 out of 130 spills totaled 1,392 barrels spilled - an avg of 12 barrels per spill
12%, or 16 spills out of 130 total, were 50 to 500 barrels - a max total spill of 8,000 barrels
Add that to the smaller spills and we get 95%, 124 out of 130 spills - which totaled 9,392 barrels spilled - in 95% - 124 out of 130 spills - the total spilled was an avg of 76 barrels per spill or less ...
That leaves 5%, or 6 spills out of 130 total, that were more than 500 barrels - a total of 10,629 barrels - an avg of 1,771 barrels per spill

THAT is the TRUTH ... and the data.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Seeing that you are to lazy to do your own research I thought I would do it for you. It only took me about a hour to find these FACTS,
PHMSA - the Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration - Office of Pipeline Safety ... data shows in 2015 there were 16.2 billion barrels - nearly 2/3rds trillion gallons - transported thru more than 200,000 miles of pipelines - 72,000 miles transporting crude oil, in the US.

There were 454 total incident involving spills or leaks. Of those 71% occurred ON the oil companies site, were captured by the onsite safety systems and posed no risk to the public.

That leaves a total of just 130 incidents that posed a potential risk to the public. 130 incidents over 16.2 billion barrels shipped. 130 incident over 200,000+ miles of pipeline.
First, there were a total of 20,021 barrels spilled ...an avg overall of 154 barrels per spill.
Add that up - 83%, 108 out of 130 spills totaled 1,392 barrels spilled - an avg of 12 barrels per spill
12%, or 16 spills out of 130 total, were 50 to 500 barrels - a max total spill of 8,000 barrels
Add that to the smaller spills and we get 95%, 124 out of 130 spills - which totaled 9,392 barrels spilled - in 95% - 124 out of 130 spills - the total spilled was an avg of 76 barrels per spill or less ...
That leaves 5%, or 6 spills out of 130 total, that were more than 500 barrels - a total of 10,629 barrels - an avg of 1,771 barrels per spill

It would be nice if you'd post the links to the sources of that.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

It would be nice if you'd post the links to the sources of that.

Did you read it?
PHMSA - the Pipeline & Hazardous Materials Safety Administration - Office of Pipeline Safety
Look it up I broke their numbers down so it would be easier to understand.

Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks, whackem. Far less than I thought.

The place my dad used to change the oil in his tractor must be a superfund clean-up site these days. ;-}>

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

The place my dad used to change the oil in his tractor must be a superfund clean-up site these days. ;-}>

Hahahaha! I know of some yards for small trucking outfits that would also qualify.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

I didn't know what the numbers were before looking it up. After crunching the numbers I was surprised too.
I bet we dumped a couple hundred barrels worth on the driveway on the farm growing up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where I went to high school in Tempe, AZ many moons ago they used to mix motor oil and diesel and spray it around the playing fields to kill weeds and grass.

No one died.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338reddog, 62 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.