Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Its made of fiberglass and cerakoted stainless steel. I don't think the "wilderness" is gonna hurt it much.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Might have to get one in 300 Win

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Is the barrel profile mag or standard?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice rifle, especially outfitted with the LAW (High Tech Specialties) stock. To bad it's not available in 280AI grin . . .

Originally Posted by David_Walter

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I think that Howa is one butt ugly rifle, the magazine hanging down looks like chit!....i bet it does shoot good though.......Hb

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I think that Howa is one butt ugly rifle, the magazine hanging down looks like chit!....i bet it does shoot good though.......Hb

They shoot great, but the mag is to be desired sir.. If slinging majority of the time there are no issues. If you're a deep woods/thick cover hunter like I, they're a pain in the ass from experience.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by DV_Ramrod

They shoot great, but the mag is to be desired sir.. If slinging majority of the time there are no issues. If you're a deep woods/thick cover hunter like I, they're a pain in the ass from experience.

Certain model numbers come with both the detachable mag and a standard floorplate in the box too.

Howa with floorplate

Last edited by WhelenAway; 09/24/16.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by DV_Ramrod

Certain model numbers come with both the detachable mag and a standard floorplate in the box too.

Howa with floorplate

I would highly recommend a standard floor plate then sir, if one isn't stuck on the m700. Both are great rifles though.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have both a Weatherby Vanguard Backcountry in 30-06 and a Howa Alpine w/ detachable mag in .308. Both are excellent shooters (.7-.9 MOA) with cheap factory ammo. Granted a 3moa rifle would do the trick in my parts.

Last edited by DV_Ramrod; 09/24/16.
IC B3

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
A floorplate model Howa would make a dandy rifle im sure.....The Japan made rifle's i have examined (weatherby Vanguard and Browning X-Bolts) have been excellent..........Hb

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Let us know about how it shoots. I've been looking at these. I've been on the lookout for a reasonable used stainless m700 to restock, paint, and use for a foul weather/ travel rifle, but this would fit the bill.

TANSTAAFL
I
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Well, I'm back from the woods. Over the hood sight in with 180gr. trophy tipped coppers got me to just under moa. No failures at all. Stock is much slimmer than B/C, more like a Kimber in grip and fore end. It's a keeper. Only two negatives, had to switch rings/bases from quick detach to windage adjustable, as screw holes aren't straight and ran out of adjustment. Other is Remington cerakoted the muzzle, and after 30 rounds that's pretty much gone. Now it looks like one of my hill country's, as they don't coat the muzzle. So both thumbs up, you guys are going to love the grayboe stock.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wish these were available in 7mm-08

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ihuntsolo
Well, I'm back from the woods. Over the hood sight in with 180gr. trophy tipped coppers got me to just under moa. No failures at all. Stock is much slimmer than B/C, more like a Kimber in grip and fore end. It's a keeper. Only two negatives, had to switch rings/bases from quick detach to windage adjustable, as screw holes aren't straight and ran out of adjustment. Other is Remington cerakoted the muzzle, and after 30 rounds that's pretty much gone. Now it looks like one of my hill country's, as they don't coat the muzzle. So both thumbs up, you guys are going to love the grayboe stock.

Any updates now that you have had the gun for awhile? I'm thinking of ordering one, but I can't find one to look at first. Also trying to decide on which chambering.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Only two negatives, had to switch rings/bases from quick detach to windage adjustable, as screw holes aren't straight and ran out of adjustment.

Unacceptable.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I missed that. Every time I start to get my hopes up about Remington...

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by CBB15
Only two negatives, had to switch rings/bases from quick detach to windage adjustable, as screw holes aren't straight and ran out of adjustment.

Unacceptable.

I'll keep my Tikkas..

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
up for air for input from those who have them

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Yes totally concur and that barrel is 2" too short.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (10gaugemag, 14idaho, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 22 invisible), 1,416 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,655
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.