Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by Winchestermodel70
The working definition of admissible evidence is whatever the judge decides to let in.

My suggestion is to never get into a situation where you have to test the validity of your theory.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's not theory. It's the rules of evidence.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
The working definition of admissible evidence is whatever the judge decides to let in.

My suggestion is to never get into a situation where you have to test the validity of your theory.

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's not theory. It's the rules of evidence.

I think gun mods could come in as evidence in a homicide trial.
I also wouldn't worry about being prosecuted (or being convicted of a crime) over a trigger job.

Last edited by night_owl; 12/07/16.

abusus non tollit usum
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Free me:

If the pistol is intended for self defense, disabling the magazine safety and doing a trigger job along with replacing parts of the trigger mechanism may enable an aggressive prosecutor to turn a self defense shooting into a manslaughter case. Massad Ayoob was a defense expert in just such a case several years ago. The prosecutor's theory was that removal of a safety device (magazine disconnector in a P-35) was proof that the shooter acted in a reckless and negligent manner. I kid you not. Ask Mas if you want verification of this. That's why he advocates "box stock" pistols for self defense.

Do what you want and carry what you will. Just be aware of the potential consequences.

According to Mas Ayoob. And I'm not saying he's wrong. He's been an expert witness.

Following that logic go buy any stock Beretta 92FS. As a service pistol for the military and many police departments no prosecutor or attorney suing you can make hay over that choice of pistols.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Free me:

If the pistol is intended for self defense, disabling the magazine safety and doing a trigger job along with replacing parts of the trigger mechanism may enable an aggressive prosecutor to turn a self defense shooting into a manslaughter case. Massad Ayoob was a defense expert in just such a case several years ago. The prosecutor's theory was that removal of a safety device (magazine disconnector in a P-35) was proof that the shooter acted in a reckless and negligent manner. I kid you not. Ask Mas if you want verification of this. That's why he advocates "box stock" pistols for self defense.

Do what you want and carry what you will. Just be aware of the potential consequences.

Bull. Schit.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The "an aggressive prosecutor" red herring sells magazines and drives internet hysteria. An "aggressive prosecutor" can push firing more than once with a S&W "lemon squeezer" (seen it happen). Pushing it means jack schit if your defense is worthwhile, and in the end that is all that matters. Carry what works for you.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
A good shoot is a good shoot, and a bad one is a bad one...and unless negligence comes into play, or the malfunction of the gun is claimed as a defense, gun modifications are irrelevant.

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a soft spot for Hi Powers, especially the T-series. I'm down to these 2 now, both made in '67. The parkerized one is my shooter. It's an Israeli surplus pistol that I had reparked. A great shooter that responded well to a mag safety removal and a little work on the rear sight notch.

The other one is unfired, with pouch and manual.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 12/07/16.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by liliysdad
A good shoot is a good shoot, and a bad one is a bad one...and unless negligence comes into play, or the malfunction of the gun is claimed as a defense, gun modifications are irrelevant.

Agreed, in a criminal case, not so much in a civil.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead

In Florida, civil suit is blocked if you are acquitted, or not charged, due to lawful self-defense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

In many states, civil suits are barred by criminal acquittal. Not all, but certainly a good majority of those that actually permit the human right of self defense.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
The "an aggressive prosecutor" red herring sells magazines and drives internet hysteria. An "aggressive prosecutor" can push firing more than once with a S&W "lemon squeezer" (seen it happen). Pushing it means jack schit if your defense is worthwhile, and in the end that is all that matters. Carry what works for you.

The fact that our current legal systems under Chairman O's blessings draw justified self defense cases out and drain the wallet of law abiding citizens simply defending themselves is gross hypocrisy.

If some scumbag is trying to kill you and you kill him first via a tuned handgun with a good trigger that you have practiced many hours with for just that unfortunate life threatening occurrence shouldn't be held up as evidence against you.

Meanwhile, the murder meter keeps running in Chicago, Baltimore, NY, LA, Miami. And the beat goes on..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

In many states, civil suits are barred by criminal acquittal. Not all, but certainly a good majority of those that actually permit the human right of self defense.

And?

Who the fuc*k said there HAD to be a criminal case?

If it's a 'Good Shoot', there will be no charges. You can't have an acquittal without being charged.

Savvy

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

And?

If it's a 'Good Shoot', there will be no charges. You can't have an acquittal without being charged.

Savvy
Like I said, in some of the civil immunity states, a determination not to prosecute is as good as an acquittal. Florida is one of those states. They all should be.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And?

Savvy

Wrong. There can be charges even with a good shoot. That's often the case. That is by definition the result of an acquittal by reason of self-defense or justifiable homicide. Savvy?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I purchased my Browning from Buds guns as a surplus gun.
It cost me $350 shipped.

The finish was fair, a quick sandblast and Ceracote made it look good as new.

Also disconnected the magazine safety and installed a cylinder&slide extended safety.

Also installed Spegel grips

Next I plan to have Novack sights installed.

Great gun for a modest investment.

Never owned an FEG so no idea how they compare.

Gun Geek (Kevin) knows these guns well you may send him a P.M. he is usually helpful.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,402
Posts18,470,144
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.