Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Another heart break for me bad luck continues.
Set up in a stand over looking cut bean field
10 doe filter out Im set back in 20 yds of field edge and the deer need to feed their way out so I have a clear unobstructed shot. All the doe final do. At last light i hear noise in the thick stuff Im in I see a body,pull up the binos and a head comes through its a big shooter wide and high.He disappears in a second but I know he's heading to the field.Yup he enters the field a couple seconds later and is heading right for the doe.I stand and rest on a tree infront of the stand I'm on his shoulder at 100 yds but he hasn't cleared the tree line branches.I hold and wait and he turns and bounds away.Don't know what spooked him he couldn't have made me wind was no where near him I'm baffled and snake bit

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Another heart break for me bad luck continues.
Set up in a stand over looking cut bean field
10 doe filter out Im set back in 20 yds of field edge and the deer need to feed their way out so I have a clear unobstructed shot. All the doe final do. At last light i hear noise in the thick stuff Im in I see a body,pull up the binos and a head comes through its a big shooter wide and high.He disappears in a second but I know he's heading to the field.Yup he enters the field a couple seconds later and is heading right for the doe.I stand and rest on a tree infront of the stand I'm on his shoulder at 100 yds but he hasn't cleared the tree line branches.I hold and wait and he turns and bounds away.Don't know what spooked him he couldn't have made me wind was no where near him I'm baffled and snake bit

Dog, coyote, other human - who knows?

Sorry, buddy.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dan we had bucks chasing little does all over Saturday and Sunday. Not only that but tons of fresh scrapes and Rubs in the woods that were not there as of the opening weekend. I pulled the one camera I still had out and there is a definite up-tick in buck movement this week. If I were to guess I would say them young does may be coming in right now. best of luck!

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I swear big bucks have that "6th" sense.
Unexplainable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tom264
I swear big bucks have that "6th" sense.
Unexplainable.

They have to get old to get big, and they don't get old by being stupid.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Ok same stand tonight as yesterday.
Doe start filtering out into the field at 4:10. At 4:40 I'm counting doe 8 then 9 and 10 show up as I'm looking at number 10 through the bino's a giant buck enters the field.
He hugs the far edge and I stand and get ready. I have to pick a shot through the branches of the trees on the field edge again. I look to have a clear shot at about 160 yds.
I fire and he still standing fire again and I think I hit him still in the field deer scattering every where but he still there fire a 3rd shot he gets to the edge of the field near some swale grass that I had ranged at 175 yds and I fire a 4th shot and he stops in the grass leaving the field and at the shot his tail goes straight up and starts flickering back and forth very fast.
He looked like he went down just into the grass exiting the field.
I immediately get down and back out get to my jeep and drive to my cousins across the road.
20-30 minutes pass and we head over in his UTV to go look for him.
As we get to the spot where the buck exited the field I think I here a deer jump up. I tell my cousin turn of the UTV and then silence. We look for blood but fine none. I go into the area the I think the deer would be dead and find zero.We search around but its dark and find zero, We get into the UTV and drive around the circular horse track looking for sign and again zero.
I'm thinking I missed but back to the spot I think the deer exited and follow a trail a few yds and find a spot of blood. Then we get the big light and find another bigger spot of coagulated bright blood. We then find a bed right where I though I heard the deer jump from.The deer bedded less then 20 yds from where he exited.
We found some more blood and saw which way it was headed, into some tall swale grass and thick pines so we backed out and will return tomorrow morning to look for him.
Between the tail flicker and a huge buck bedding less than 20 yds from the hit I thinking he has to be hit hard and hurting...either my season will end in a blaze of glory or I'll top of the worst run of luck I've ever had

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
If he bedded that soon he's hurt pretty bad . Good luck with the search .

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You'll find him in the morning Dan if he bedded in 20 yards I suspect...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dan, sent you a PM with the number for a guy with a tracking dog just in case. Good Luck!

For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bbassi
Dan, sent you a PM with the number for a guy with a tracking dog just in case. Good Luck!

Had the exact same suggestion, but you have the local number.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Good luck Dan..........

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Good luck

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Long restless night(but they have been any ways)
Have to get my crew out and on a job site then will head back to look for the deer...hate this

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dan my friend said he would bring the dog to work so give him a call if you need him

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm hoping you end in a blaze of glory.

Camp is where you make it.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't need no dog !!! wink

Story to follow later

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Good job, I hate it when that happens. It looks like you got him in the leg one time.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice buck! Congrats!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good buck!! I enjoy this thread every year.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Woo Hoo!

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 48 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,513
Posts18,490,790
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.