Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by Redneck

Local Fleet Farm had 22 mag two weeks ago and I cannot recall the exact price, but it wasn't bad at all. Dang near normal... smile

That's all Fleet Farm ever has! But it's not a bad price when they do. I only have a 22mag revolver so I don't buy much.

I really should get a rifle in .22 mag.
They had regular 22rf also, but it was still a bit high, IMHO..

Originally Posted by deflave
It's safe to say the reselling days are over. Supply will return to normal in a year or two I'm sure.

Dave
I fully believe you're correct.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by tzone

Local Fleet Farm had 22 mag two weeks ago and I cannot recall the exact price, but it wasn't bad at all. Dang near normal... smile

That's all Fleet Farm ever has! But it's not a bad price when they do. I only have a 22mag revolver so I don't buy much.

I really should get a rifle in .22 mag.
They had regular 22rf also, but it was still a bit high, IMHO..

Originally Posted by deflave
It's safe to say the reselling days are over. Supply will return to normal in a year or two I'm sure.

Dave
I fully believe you're correct.

I have plenty 22lr ammo right now. Enough for the rest of this year and summer/fall for sure. I'll not hesitate to buy some up tho when it's decent.

My buckmark only reliably cycles CCI, so I buy those whenever I can. It REALLY shoots them well.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
When I can finally buy CCI Stingers off the shelf again from my LGS, only THEN will it be over. I've got plenty of the el cheapo .22 ammo for plinking, but I miss the real stuff for varmint shooting at the Ranch.

When I read the OP that was going to be my response. That and the idiot vendors at our local gun shows haven't gotten the memo that 22LR ammo isn't a rare and precious jewel anymore.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Thankfully, I'm up in the NW corner of Iowa close to Sioux Falls, SD which is already Great Again.
when was Sioux Falls great before?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Still don't see any on the shelves here in Montana.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Thankfully, I'm up in the NW corner of Iowa close to Sioux Falls, SD which is already Great Again.
when was Sioux Falls great before?
He's obviously upwind of the hogs.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
varmints beware

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948
We moved here 2 1/2 years ago. Since then, every time I go to the local Walmart I cruise by the sporting goods department and window shop ammo. There has been no rimfire stuff and very little .223/5.56 in 2 1/2 years. Immediately after the election the shelves were filled. There is now all kinds of .22 LR including stingers, etc, .22 WRM in several flavors, 17 HMR and even CCI .22 Shorts. The only thing missing is .17 M2. Looks like all the hoarders will end up eating the stuff.

I admit to being a bit of a hoarder. Not really sure how much I had on hand when the crunch hit as I'm still finding stashes here and there.

I had enough on hand that I never feared running out for myself and family, including 2 grandsons. And we all shoot.

And I never sold a round of it. I gave 21 bricks away to various folk and organizations. There've been a lot of local kids who got their 1st .22 and might have had to wait years to shoot it if it hadn't been for hoarders like myself.

Prices ever really return to normal, I'll likely salt away another stash or 2. There's nothing wrong with hoarding when the markets are full and prices low.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could not get CCI CB shorts for years at a time. There was nothing on the internet.

But now, buying 22 from gun stores is like picking up girls on Mars............smaller selection.

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Was just in the local Cabelas over the noon hour and there was more .22 in more brands than I have seen recently, so that is positive.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Clarkm

But now, buying 22 from gun stores is like picking up girls on Mars............smaller selection.

You've been to Adelaide?

Girls on Mars

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in Sportsmans Whs this morning. They have piles of standard velocity and target ammo but they have no HP's or high speed at all.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by cra1948
We moved here 2 1/2 years ago. Since then, every time I go to the local Walmart I cruise by the sporting goods department and window shop ammo. There has been no rimfire stuff and very little .223/5.56 in 2 1/2 years. Immediately after the election the shelves were filled. There is now all kinds of .22 LR including stingers, etc, .22 WRM in several flavors, 17 HMR and even CCI .22 Shorts. The only thing missing is .17 M2. Looks like all the hoarders will end up eating the stuff.

I admit to being a bit of a hoarder. Not really sure how much I had on hand when the crunch hit as I'm still finding stashes here and there.

I had enough on hand that I never feared running out for myself and family, including 2 grandsons. And we all shoot.

And I never sold a round of it. I gave 21 bricks away to various folk and organizations. There've been a lot of local kids who got their 1st .22 and might have had to wait years to shoot it if it hadn't been for hoarders like myself.

Prices ever really return to normal, I'll likely salt away another stash or 2. There's nothing wrong with hoarding when the markets are full and prices low.

I'm sure we're all a little that way.Long before all the shortages I used to always buy some bricks of .22's, some white box 9mm and .45 and Lake City green tips every time I went to Walmart.

I was referring more to those who clean out the stores (probably with inside help) before the rest of us can get to it with the idea of cashing in at inflated prices at gunshows and such. I have got to believe that was going on locally. For 2 1/2 years they had absolutely NO .22 RF stuff on the shelf. Days after the election they've got everything you could imagine.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by denton
Took a stroll through Gallensen's in Salt Lake City yesterday, just because it's a cool store. They still had some 300 round boxes out at $29.99, but were in the process of putting out CCI Mini Mags in 100 round slide top boxes for $8.95. It seems that prices are coming down and shelves are filling up, at least at Gallensen's.

I was in a local Walmart and they had 100 round boxes of Winchester Power Points for $6.97

D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I was in a local Walmart and they had 100 round boxes of Winchester Power Points for $6.97

That's a big improvement!

Made a recreational trip to Smith and Edwards today, and I have to ask: What 22 mag shortage? smile

[Linked Image]

If you haven't been to Smith and Edwards or to Gallensen's, you've missed a couple of really interesting stores.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Made a recreational trip to Smith and Edwards today, and I have to ask: What 22 mag shortage? smile

[Linked Image]

If you haven't been to Smith and Edwards or to Gallensen's, you've missed a couple of really interesting stores.

Wow!!! I can't remember the last time I have seen that much 22 Magnum in a store.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by barm

[Linked Image]

Wow!!! I can't remember the last time I have seen that much 22 Magnum in a store.

More than that at our local Walmart which, before the election, had none for 2 1/2 years.

Mathew 22: 37-39

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cabelas had a bunch of 22 LR online last week.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Took a stroll through Gallensen's in Salt Lake City yesterday, just because it's a cool store. They still had some 300 round boxes out at $29.99, but were in the process of putting out CCI Mini Mags in 100 round slide top boxes for $8.95. It seems that prices are coming down and shelves are filling up, at least at Gallensen's.

The surge hasn't made it to SW Utah yet.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seeing little but still about $10 to $12 per brick over pre-crunch prices.

1Minute
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (308ld, Anaconda, 35, BamBam, AnthonyB, 10 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 824 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,740
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.