Print Thread
Hop To
P
PaFrank Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I got a free caption call phone from our Gub'ment and it was installed yesterday, completely free.

Its pretty cool. It's for people with hearing issues. It has a speaker that will blast you out, and converts the callers speech to text on a screen on your phone.

This is a legitimate deal, just like VA benefits, and didn't cost me a dime.

https://captioncall.com/

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Sounds good

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaFrank
I got a free caption call phone from our Gub'ment and it was installed yesterday, completely free.

Its pretty cool. It's for people with hearing issues. It has a speaker that will blast you out, and converts the callers speech to text on a screen on your phone.

All true, but the convert is by a person listening and typing on the other end. Keep your conversation civil. FCC pays after the tax payer sends in their money.

Last edited by Wtxj; 12/11/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

Actually the Caption Call phone displays on a screen what the caller is saying. There is no one receiving the call and than transcribing to the hearing challenged persons. It is entirely a private conversation. The phone also displays who is calling and their number which can be saved if you wish. The ring tone is also adjustable as is the voice volume. Once the call is ended the phone volume resets to a normal level so that other non-hearing challenged people can use the phone just like a regular phone with the conversation being displayed on the phone screen

I got my about three years ago. It has proven very valuable and yes, it was free from the state department of human services/ disability services office.Tryit, you will like it.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by PaFrank

I'm sure it costs more than a dime, just somebody else's dime. That being said, if this is a program for vets, I'm all for it!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'm a Vet....can't hear it thunder without aids the VA issued me!

But ain't nothing....FREE!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gremlin1104

Actually the Caption Call phone displays on a screen what the caller is saying. There is no one receiving the call and than transcribing to the hearing challenged persons. It is entirely a private conversation. The phone also displays who is calling and their number which can be saved if you wish. The ring tone is also adjustable as is the voice volume. Once the call is ended the phone volume resets to a normal level so that other non-hearing challenged people can use the phone just like a regular phone with the conversation being displayed on the phone screen

I got my about three years ago. It has proven very valuable and yes, it was free from the state department of human services/ disability services office.Tryit, you will like it.

Thanks for the info Gremlin.

The book that comes with the phone says and I quote: Similar to captioned Television, but only available too people with hearing loss, CaptionCall uses advanced technology and "A COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT" to quickly provide written captions of what callers say on a large, easy to read screen.

Assistant means to me, a helper that types fast.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a Captel phone for a year now, what a difference it makes when you are not pizzing folks off with "what did you say?"

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
pizz on people who are pizzed when you say "what?"

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
What? is the second most common word in my working vocabulary - right behind Huh?
I'll have to look into that.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is another service where a blind person points a phone camera at a can of food, say, and someone will identify it and read the label.

Last edited by 5thShock; 12/11/16.
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good info.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you have an Ipad, you can get the same service mobile. Apple has an app you can download. You only have to have cell service available to use it. Info is on the same site under mobile.
Apparently it works on Ipads only, not on Android tablets.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by hanco
Sounds good

Pun intended?

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 2500HD, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,500
Posts18,509,196
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.