Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
The rifle below keeps going round and round on Gun Broker. Surprised no one has picked it up: Custom barrel, McM stock (KS?), custom bolt shroud, possibly custom trigger guard, SK scope bases. Other than one scratch on the barrel, appears to be cleanly executed. no need on my end. Just surprised no other South Paw tagged it...

Left hand Rem 700

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Orion2000
The rifle below keeps going round and round on Gun Broker. Surprised no one has picked it up: Custom barrel, McM stock (KS?), custom bolt shroud, possibly custom trigger guard, SK scope bases. Other than one scratch on the barrel, appears to be cleanly executed. no need on my end. Just surprised no other South Paw tagged it...
"Surprised" why? There's nothing particularly interesting about it. It's a common left-handed chambering in a common left-handed action with an unknown make of barrel assembled by an unknown gunsmith with an unstated length in an unstated twist rate in a stock of unknown bedding with a blind magazine and a non-standard bolt handle of dubious value with an apparently factory trigger. Though it does have that sweet bolt shroud. I couldn't give a damn one way or another if the stock was a McMillan. Did I miss anything? There are better things out there in the same price range, otherwise the price needs to come down before I take a chance with a pig in a poke.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Merry Christmas Bricktop, your cheerful disposition and positive outlook on life have been missed.......

Last edited by gerrygoat; 12/27/16.

Gerry.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Left hand Rem 700

Someone put a fair amount of $$ into that rifle. The parts alone are worth the asking price.

The sketchy description and short LOP on the stock probably aren't helping the sale.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
...Oh, and Happy New Year to Bricktop. Your penetrating analysis of firearms and insightful optimism have indeed been sorely missed.
Welcome back.
I'm serious.
sbsmith

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Welcome back, Bricktop has sold me a couple of great used rifles I would do so again. Take care Kurt

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by sbsmith
...Oh, and Happy New Year to Bricktop. Your penetrating analysis of firearms and insightful optimism have indeed been sorely missed.
Welcome back.
I'm serious.
sbsmith

I missed 'em too. smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1234, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 63 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,323
Posts18,487,437
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.