Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
It's hard to see but here is a 3 shot group from my 25-06. Kiss find pressure and butt rock on dude's

[Linked Image]

HR IC

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The other splashy were from my ray gun. With 300 grn .814 g1 kids toys.

Elk great pictures.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dearest Short end of the STICK.

Wise men know nothing,
Intelligent men question everything,
Stupid men know it all!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by T_Inman
He's between Acequia and Rupert...about 12-15 miles east of Paul. There's no short range weapon deer tag...archery only. I used to hunt it when it was a general archery tag, but not anymore.

Yeah i forget that short range is for elk, archery only for deer..depending on which side of the tracks your on.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by fredIII
The other splashy were from my ray gun. With 300 grn .814 g1 kids toys.

Elk great pictures.
Thanks Fred. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 1Nut
Got some trees and stuff 'round here.

[Linked Image]

The things you pass up lookin for a big one..I got the blur down.

Got any more pics from a rigger that was actually on the catwalk in your "alubum"?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Headed out coyote hunting the other morning, 5 bulls crossed the road in front of me on Highway 24. One was a solid 6x6. The short range weapon season was on, but they were on the wrong side of the highway and on private land anyhow (and I didn't have a tag).

The highway is the border, not the tracks, but I know what you're getting at. Everyone refers to the border as "the tracks". Some BIG bulls come off that desert just to the north, but it has been discovered and the tag is next to impossible to get these days. The general short range tag is AWESOME, if you can find someone willing to let you hunt.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Yep..Its odd to see elk gettin gunned down with a shotgun. Just have to shake my head.

I got the archery tag for 3 years chasing one certain buck, but he had a knack of disappearing after july. Seen elk everyday, nothing that got me too excited tho.

Last edited by rosco1; 12/29/16.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Between the front legs (it is quartering towards me/you),where the neck and body meet IMO.

Mmmmm.....OK!

Bob, remember the short "raking" shot conversation in another thread? well here it is again..The safari guy fails, someone that really should know better..shocking.Elkhunter, did your PH have to tie your gaddamn shoes for you every morning too?

Elk, where would you shoot the elk in the pic i posted? For some reason i see "bullet failure" in your future.Out of curiosity, have you ever shot an elk, on your own or otherwise,that didnt have tits?

The oxen in your pic would reliably hit the damn dirt, with whatever i had in my mitts..wonder why that is?

its no wonder those bovines are so "hard to kill" also no wonder a PH is required clean up after you idiots.

JFC, and these guys post as if they have a clue.

Between the front legs he says..You cant buy that humor

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
wink
[Linked Image][/URL]

You keepin' that CRF Mark X in the fire position just in case you get a charger out of the greasewood?

No doubt i'd have to explain that to you so you could understand.

For the sake of humanity I hope you're using a jimmy.

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Another bs ball washer,go figure.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Another bs ball washer,go figure.

I'd avoid the particulars too.

Where did you shoot that Oryx that you had to track for half a day? Did the PH fug up and leave the shot placement up to you?

oops

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Half a day HAH! Try reading the story again.

Particulars,meh,arguing with a fool is a waste of time.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thank god for Benson the tracker eh? Tell me he had a little dog too..Please?

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Actually,he had a pet gopher named Cupcake. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

You call those trees? That's brush where I hunt- actually, I avoid hunting in that stuff. It's a pain in the ass to get around in. However, I'll take elk in the open any day.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkchunt,

I'm REALLY "surprised" that you've such a "keen understanding" of anatomy and botch sooooooooo incredibly much schit,that is sooooooooooo fhuqking EASY. Congratulations?!?

Undoubtedly,them Guides is still howlin' as you read this,despite the "power" and "conviction" of your Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

Calvin,

I gotta have some very GOOD reasons to go L/A and the '06 ain't it.(grin)

My Hart 260AI was tossin' 147 ELD's at 2950fps yesterday,in formed cases(obviously). Skinned 'er to 2900fps even and am fixin' to go Drag Race Creed' 130JLK's,here directly. 2850fps with the 130's ala '15,ain't a bad place to be.

Them 147's is plum SINISTER................

BobinNH,

The ONLY fhuqking reason it's soooooooo fhuqking funny,is because she's 100% and without a doubt...doing her Absolute Gawwdamned Fhuqking BEST.(grin)

You are MEAN!

Bless her heart.

Laughing!..................

'Inman,

Holy Fhuqking Dogschit,you are "living" THE Dream! Congratulations?!?

Purty quiet here in Kansas along The Milford,this time of year. Gotta wait 'til June,for the Crappie to bite and it's a short window of opportunity. Laughing!

It's a bitch gettin' around in all this corn stubble.

[Linked Image]

Ain't never seen me a '39.

[Linked Image]

Puked a Reupold 3.5-10x SillyWet on one,prolly not long ago and fed the fire with a Reupold 6x42 M1's...because they don't have the Precision to warrant a Fixed Fhuqker. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Always wanted to see a fence.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

SuperKchunt,

Now you be SURE to go ahead and start a Thread,if for some unforeseen you do end up falling off your couch and rollin' outside onto the porch. Promise? Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget" pics.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

Kchuntis,

You be sure to speak right THE fhuqk up,if you find me "mistaken" and I'll return in kind,if you EVER get anything "right". Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart...you poor poor(literally) Whining CLUELESS Kchunt.

Laughing!...............

jwall,

I'm impressed,that you can make 35" of vac,whenever you want/need. Congratulations?!?

You suck a mean ass...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

Fredrica,

I've got lotsa Ray Guns and you'll haveta pardon them actually EXISTING,as you "get" to play with your Imagination and Pretend...though "luckily" same is priced right for you. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Gots me a "hunch",there will be another waitin' for me on the next R&R. It's a real bitch only getting 6 months of vacation a year though.

Anywhoo...it'll be for floggin' upon DUMB Fhuqks/Whiners such as yourself and just might could encompass more than a few things germane,to the crux of The Rifle 'Course you'll haveta' Google it all and make Motor Boat noises while you do...you "lucky" kchunt.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

S/A 700,Black Belt Lug,8" PSS contour at 26"(so I can chop it to 21" and rub STUPID fhuqks noses in the obvious),.190" freebore for AICS OEM binderless DBM 147 ELD Smooches,one of them thar' MacaMillion stocks(which I'm fixin' to inlet with a typical receiver fore nudge for besteses ergo's on THE yanker digit),'Horn rings and 40MOA a given,XTR bases and .025" stern lift another constant,10x MQ Fixed Fhuqker and a strict diet of nuttin' but 147 ELD's. Will weight the butt with lead laden epoxy and toss a 1" Decelerator on for giggles,with portside QD's and a single bipod stud. The 2000yd line bein' a sneeze,even in the breeze. Hint.

Mebbe crank up even more Imagination and Pretend in advance,so as to practice tellin' yourself you "won't be" clingin' upon every word and pixel. Laughing!

As an aside...KILLER pics,what sorta equipment do "you" "use"?!? Didja' make a pinhole camera during Retard Recess. Spare NO "details".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'Nut,

Your version of The Outdoors and Trees...is Texas FUNNY! Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

rosco,

On the BRIGHT side...noone has ever been skunked in Africa,on a High Zoot Hand Held "Adventure". Though The Polyester Princess done her best(by literally doing her BEST)...to be the first. Laughing!

She's doing "great",as per her always.

Wow +P++!

Bless her heart.

Laughing!...............

Bob,

NICE thing about Kansas and especially along The Milford,is that the rollin' ground and lack of vegetation,makes gettin' to the Crappie Hole a breeze!(grin)

[Linked Image]

These CLUELESS Fhuqks crack me up.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sheister

[Linked Image]

You call those trees? That's brush where I hunt- actually, I avoid hunting in that stuff. It's a pain in the ass to get around in. However, I'll take elk in the open any day.

Bob

Well there are a few actual trees as the mountain rises in the background of that pick. But, yes...brushy chit (stuff) behind the elk pictured.

Last edited by 1Nut; 12/30/16.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rosco1

Got any more pics from a rigger that was actually on the catwalk in your "alubum"?

Yep... a few more. Don't get up in the tower cranes much. The boss actually published a company update from one a while back on the company website. He looked miserably cold.

Here's another elk pic from my recent outing:

[Linked Image]

You remind me of the one on the right.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'Nut,

Your version of The Outdoors and Trees...is Texas FUNNY! Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.........

No fences.... and no loggin' roads... for miles. Laffin'.

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,513
Posts18,490,790
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.