Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Dollar for dollar it is hard to beat one of Bansner's and they fit me very well. They make a fun project to complete. This one I did a number of years ago on a M77 RS 35 Whelen. It goes 7# 7 oz empty as shown.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Another Bansner fan here. I have finished a few and they are not too hard, even for me! They do handle recoil very well, easy on the shoulder.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by BobinNH
$800 will not buy a Brown Kevlar stock, bedded, 1" recoil pad, and painted.

True. If you have Mark do it you are looking at more like $1300 I think.

IR: Recoil with the 30/06 FW and PoundR I think you will be OK. It ain't a BR rifle.... smile

You are correct.
My Kevlar and Pierce Ti receiver.
[Linked Image]

Butch,
Gorgeous!
Care to share any more details of this one?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Originally Posted by StudDuck
I have a 1986 M700 Mountain Rifle KS that was equipped with a Brown Kevlar stock from the factory. Finished weight with the sling studs and Remington pad is 18.05 ounces.

I must've been smoked-up the first time I weighed it. I recalibrated my scales and the weight of the above stock is 27oz.

Stud - thanks for the update and happy to hear as this probably saved me a bunch of money. All of my ks stocks, both Brown and Mcm, weight between 26 and 28 oz. They are my favorite stock for a LA with anything above a MR contour. And I probably would have bought the next 10 on gunbroker searching for the mythical 18 oz ks pounder that brown made a limited number of for remington on the 32nd day of the 13th month during the full moon... :-)

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Did somebody post above that Brown did not bed or finish their Kevlar stocks. Mark and I worked on my "Kevlar" stock. I sent my barreled action to them. They built the stock to my LOP and requested style. It has poured pillars and fits my barrel contour. They painted it also. I chambered a Douglas barrel that finished at 25". It is a 280AI. At the present it has the Talley lightweight ring-base combo. Haven't decided on a scope yet. Hasn't been fired yet either.
A windy 23deg day doesn't make me want to go to the range.

Last edited by butchlambert1; 01/06/17.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by patbrennan
Another Bansner fan here. I have finished a few and they are not too hard, even for me! They do handle recoil very well, easy on the shoulder.

I've had a bevy of Brown, Bansner and McMillan stocks over the years.
And one rifle has worn all three. Personal ergos and fit obviously play the largest part - but for me, the Bansner wins/won in least perceived recoil.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Did somebody post above that Brown did not bed or finish their Kevlar stocks. Mark and I worked on my "Kevlar" stock. I sent my barreled action to them. They built the stock to my LOP and requested style. It has poured pillars and fits my barrel contour. They painted it also. I chambered a Douglas barrel that finished at 26". It is a 280AI. At the present it has the Talley lightweight ring-base combo. Haven't decided on a scope yet. Hasn't been fired yet either.
A windy 23deg day doesn't make me want to go to the range.

Agree with Butch. My PoundR pictured above was finished and painted by Brown.

Bansner? Anyone? smile

[Linked Image]

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/06/17.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do I know that rifle?

WWP53D
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SKane
Do I know that rifle?

No...... smile

I had one like it in the late 90's that I hunted with a lot but cooked the barrel.It had a Banner stock....I screwed it up with the wrong barrel contour so I sold it.

This was intended to be a replacement but got the Mashburn about the same time and determined it was not needed so it got sold.

It sure did shoot! smile

Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Bob, what's up with the grey finish on the stainless?

Bluing process?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

TDN Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here is a Bansner 7RM and Brown Prec 375H&H for some more reference points (since we're showing off now grin)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"You know why nobody panic buys 30-06 ammo? ... Because men with 30-06's don't panic"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I like it when you show off. I've had both, but, honestly like the Brown poundR better than the bansner.. I already posted my PoundR, but here's the Bansner I had on a classic sporter.

[Linked Image]

It just didn't feel right in the field, balance was wrong and I partially blame the stock. Barrel contour and scope choice may have been a big influence too. Live and learn situation. One positive I can say about the bansner is it handled recoil very well. Ergo's help to mitigate recoil with the best of them. The grip is fatter and shorter on the Bansner vs. the Brown precision too. I prefer the longer trimmer grip of the Brown. The Banser required quite a bit of dremel work to get the barreled action centered up, but after glass bedding it was great.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Brad it is not SS...it's all CM with some miracle finish on it. I forget what type.

Barrel is a Brux #2 9 twist. I can tell you the finish is very slick. The rifle functioned flawlessly. Of course it had a few trick moves....but what doesn't these days? smile

Maybe shoulda kept it LOL!

Last edited by BobinNH; 01/06/17.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You guys suck...... grin

Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
1-9 270?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Brad
1-9 270?

No 1-9 twist 7 Rem Mag.....

Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
No wonder you got rid of it grin

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That wasn't why...I love the 7 rem Mag. smile

But I had the Mashburn so who needS a bunch of 7 Rem Mags hanging around smile

I just get bored putting these things together and lose interest after awhile. They all end up being the same..... frown

This one shot those terrible Partitions.

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I like it when you show off. I've had both, but, honestly like the Brown poundR better than the bansner.. I already posted my PoundR, but here's the Bansner I had on a classic sporter.

[Linked Image]

It just didn't feel right in the field, balance was wrong and I partially blame the stock. Barrel contour and scope choice may have been a big influence too. Live and learn situation. One positive I can say about the bansner is it handled recoil very well. Ergo's help to mitigate recoil with the best of them. The grip is fatter and shorter on the Bansner vs. the Brown precision too. I prefer the longer trimmer grip of the Brown. The Banser required quite a bit of dremel work to get the barreled action centered up, but after glass bedding it was great.

In the picture, it looks like it was muzzle-heavy. Is that what you didn't like?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by SKane
Do I know that rifle?

No...... smile

This was intended to be a replacement but got the Mashburn about the same time and determined it was not needed so it got sold.

It sure did shoot! smile

You're incorrigible. grin

I wish you'd build another on a 700. Will send you the specs.

WWP53D
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 32 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,704
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.