Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am a goodly amount Eskimo......not an alcoholic.

I think it has more to do with poverty and having nothing going on.

I am MAGA.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
M14 at your girlfriends head?

Mean drunk comes to mind.......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Whatever it is, it is most definitely NOT a disease.

Upon what basis would you say this? What evidence do you have to support this assertion?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by funshooter
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I am not against drinking.
I do very little my self and I can have more fun sober.
When I get drunk I get depressed and I am no fun for anyone.

I had a Guy tell me one time that I was not a man unless I drank and he was offended when I did not drink with him.
The guy was an absolute jerk and had my girl friend in tiers by the end of the night.

So I ask Who is the man.
The one that knows him self or the one that crawls into a bottle to make him self look big to himself.

I do have lots of fun at party's when people are drinking and I am sober.
And I practically lived in a bar for a year clearing my head from a divorce and did not drink just had fun.

Just wondering about the circumstances, if he was such an a-hole why did you let him be around your girl?

P
We were invited and it was a fire member here.
My girl friend spent most of her time with his mother who was a real sweat hart.
I spent my time with him.
He gave us a tour of the area he lives in and pointed the end of his M14 at her head and when she asked if it was loaded he went off on her.
I spoke up and I took a lot of abuse from him all that night.
We had a function to go to with him the next day.
She refused to go so I went alone to be polite and meet up with him.
From the second I got to his home he was on the attack. I took him to one of his friends home and he verbally attacked me so we split he went his way I went my way. I picked up my girl friend and my bloodied up poor dog that his dog attacked three times the night before until I jumped in to the fight to keep his dog from killing my dog. We had a Great time at the function.

The third day we were to have a shoot.
No one from the fire showed up to support this guy but my family.
So we blow him off and went to a tourist trap town and had some release time and enjoyed the last day of our trip.

When I got back home the guy attacked me on the Fire real bad.
And he will probably start up again after he reads this post.

Some people need to put the bottle away and look at them selves and what they do to others when they are drunk.

I consider myself as being quite tolerant of people. I have to be in my line of work but I choose not to have anything to do with this guy or people like him.

When the attacks start on me you will know who it was.
I will not be the one that tells who it is in respect for his privacy and my sanity on the Fire.

Post the name...

Nope
Rick got involved the last time many years ago and I do not want to start it back up this time.
Sorry

Then why bring it up and tell a big long dramatic story?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

He was just intolerant that I was from Cali. and could not get past that. At least that is what I am hoping never the less I will never go to a function , Shoot or anything else if I know he will be there.

And it was more like a Bitter Drunk.

The sad thing is we have a lot in common and I would have liked to get to know him better but that will never be now.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

He was just intolerant that I was from Cali. and could not get past that. At least that is what I am hoping never the less I will never go to a function , Shoot or anything else if I know he will be there.

The sad thing is we have a lot in common and I would have liked to get to know him better but that will never be now.

Nah, Steelhead's a big pussycat.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by PaFrank
I've never been a big drinker, although I have tied on a Pirate load upon occasion. (usually once about every 10 years)

Well, I have a few friends that are or were drunks.. even dated a hot functional alcoholic once-upon-a-time (she was really fun)..

well anyway I always wanted to be one of the "fun" crowd, and even tried hard to be a drunk and get in on the fun (distant past)... I could just never do it! I would get loaded, and go to sleep... never liked how I felt the next day.... Never had to have a drink..

My last Pirate load was about 2009, and I don't see any more in my future..

I really do think the alcoholism thing is genetic.. you either gravitate toward it or need it, or you don't..

Interested in you guys thoughts or experiences..

Some people simply like to drink. Those people that like to drink and are successful are what society is supposed to deem as "normal." Those that drink, fall over, throw up, and schit the bed well into their 30's are what society used to deem as "drunks."

The term "alcoholic" in 2017 is simply laughable.

The .08 limit is dumber than fugk. Does anybody really believe Churchill, Washington, Jefferson, and Patton didn't operate and function at this level regularly?

There is nothing wrong with abstaining from alcohol. As long as it's for the right reasons.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Sounds like one of those AZ gatherings?

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

The ones in southern Arizona came to a screeching halt after 2013.. they started back up in 2015 but now hold them up in northern Arizona

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by jnyork

I live next to an Indian Reservation, I am absolutely convinced that certain people, Indians in particular, have a genetic disposition toward alcoholism, or at least have a genetic characteristic that leaves them with no resistance to alcoholism. Also, having witnessed several families for many years in which the uncles, the aunts, the cousins, the great-great grandpaws etc are all alcholics, I believe this trait is hereditary.

Having lived around Alaska Natives most of my life, and seen the devastation alcohol has caused among them, I asked my Native friends why.

Folks with European ancestry have developed liver enzymes to handle processing alcohol. Native Americans don't have those enzymes, so alcohol gets into the bloodstream and stays much longer and the effects are felt much stronger.

As for me, the last time I was drunk was August 9, 1986. Spent three days flat of my back with alcohol poisoning.

I had to stop drinking about a year ago due to medical issues. I DO miss my red wine and Bourbon! frown

Ed

The other thing I discovered about Native Americans and alcohol, they tend to not be able to stop once they start. The bottle has to be empty.

Some of them get pretty fu cking mean too when they are drinking....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well, that's odd....

Perhaps some of the super-duper-every-fugking-year-gather'ers, can enlighten us?

Clark

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Screeching halt? Sounds entertaining.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Dave

I've had a angry old man blow up on me at a particular AZ gathering. I think one of his drunken quotes was "you can take your cheap beer and get the F*ck out here"

I was drinking Keystones... Guess he didnt like it.

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I live next to an Indian Reservation, I am absolutely convinced that certain people, Indians in particular, have a genetic disposition toward alcoholism, or at least have a genetic characteristic that leaves them with no resistance to alcoholism. Also, having witnessed several families for many years in which the uncles, the aunts, the cousins, the great-great grandpaws etc are all alcholics, I believe this trait is hereditary.

Having lived around Alaska Natives most of my life, and seen the devastation alcohol has caused among them, I asked my Native friends why.

Folks with European ancestry have developed liver enzymes to handle processing alcohol. Native Americans don't have those enzymes, so alcohol gets into the bloodstream and stays much longer and the effects are felt much stronger.

As for me, the last time I was drunk was August 9, 1986. Spent three days flat of my back with alcohol poisoning.

I had to stop drinking about a year ago due to medical issues. I DO miss my red wine and Bourbon! frown

Ed

The other thing I discovered about Native Americans and alcohol, they tend to not be able to stop once they start. The bottle has to be empty.

Wow.

We started reading history books.

Cool.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986

I've had a angry old man blow up on me at a particular AZ gathering. I think one of his drunken quotes was "you can take your cheap beer and get the F*ck out here"

BRO!

That's like the best pre-run beer you can drink!

And he-be-hatin'?

Dave

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Ed

Wow.

We started reading history books.

Cool.

Dave

I don't like to read. Just look at the pictures...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

BRO!

And he-be-hatin'?

Dave

I think it was 2012 when this sh*t happened. I'm pretty sure the dude just didnt like me because I was young, happy, hunting every weekend and not old, disgruntled and too afraid of going more than 10 miles away from his house.

Either way... I like to drink, alot... Cheers folks

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I want to read some names.

Less vagueness. More names.

Campfire Gathering ass holes will not be tolerated.

(myself excluded)

Clark

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

BRO!

And he-be-hatin'?

Dave

Wtf was going on at these Arizona get togethers?? Sure in the hell didn't sound very friendly..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They sound hilarious!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (300_savage, 10gaugemag, 79S, 1beaver_shooter, 44automag, 17 invisible), 13,844 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,335
Posts18,546,246
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.