Home
I've never been a big drinker, although I have tied on a Pirate load upon occasion. (usually once about every 10 years)

Well, I have a few friends that are or were drunks.. even dated a hot functional alcoholic once-upon-a-time (she was really fun)..

well anyway I always wanted to be one of the "fun" crowd, and even tried hard to be a drunk and get in on the fun (distant past)... I could just never do it! I would get loaded, and go to sleep... never liked how I felt the next day.... Never had to have a drink..

My last Pirate load was about 2009, and I don't see any more in my future..

I really do think the alcoholism thing is genetic.. you either gravitate toward it or need it, or you don't..

Interested in you guys thoughts or experiences..

Sometimes I drink and sometimes I think
Maybe I was born with a thirst.

Things don't get no better for me
They just go from bad to worse.

~ A line from an old country song.
I love booze.

[Linked Image]

I'm drinking right now.

P
Whatever it is, it is most definitely NOT a disease.
Like my toddy in the evening but don't need it. Have not been inebriated at all for over 45 years.

I live next to an Indian Reservation, I am absolutely convinced that certain people, Indians in particular, have a genetic disposition toward alcoholism, or at least have a genetic characteristic that leaves them with no resistance to alcoholism. Also, having witnessed several families for many years in which the uncles, the aunts, the cousins, the great-great grandpaws etc are all alcholics, I believe this trait is hereditary.
I read somewhere that the farther you get from Europe, the higher the incidence of alcoholism. Something to do with how long a culture has been exposed to alcohol. Native Americans and Eskimo, fairly recent.

P
I believe entire groups of people can choose to drink or not. Sometimes those groups are families.
Originally Posted by jnyork

I live next to an Indian Reservation, I am absolutely convinced that certain people, Indians in particular, have a genetic disposition toward alcoholism, or at least have a genetic characteristic that leaves them with no resistance to alcoholism. Also, having witnessed several families for many years in which the uncles, the aunts, the cousins, the great-great grandpaws etc are all alcholics, I believe this trait is hereditary.

Having lived around Alaska Natives most of my life, and seen the devastation alcohol has caused among them, I asked my Native friends why.

Folks with European ancestry have developed liver enzymes to handle processing alcohol. Native Americans don't have those enzymes, so alcohol gets into the bloodstream and stays much longer and the effects are felt much stronger.

As for me, the last time I was drunk was August 9, 1986. Spent three days flat of my back with alcohol poisoning.

I had to stop drinking about a year ago due to medical issues. I DO miss my red wine and Bourbon! frown

Ed

The other thing I discovered about Native Americans and alcohol, they tend to not be able to stop once they start. The bottle has to be empty.
Yes, the genetic aspects are quite interesting. Might be a racist though if one makes any such inference.
I am not against drinking.
I do very little my self and I can have more fun sober.
When I get drunk I get depressed and I am no fun for anyone.

I had a Guy tell me one time that I was not a man unless I drank and he was offended when I did not drink with him.
The guy was an absolute jerk and had my girl friend in tiers by the end of the night.

So I ask Who is the man.
The one that knows him self or the one that crawls into a bottle to make him self look big to himself.

I do have lots of fun at party's when people are drinking and I am sober.
And I practically lived in a bar for a year clearing my head from a divorce and did not drink just had fun.
I have found the older you get the more hang overs hurt.I enjoy my cold beer but don't over do it to the point of feeling it the next day
Originally Posted by funshooter

I had a Guy tell me one time that I was not a man unless I drank and he was offended when I did not drink with him.
The guy was an absolute jerk and had my girl friend in tiers by the end of the night.

So I ask Who is the man.
The one that knows him self or the one that crawls into a bottle to make him self look big to himself.

And I practically lived in a bar for a year clearing my head from a divorce and did not drink just had fun.

Just wondering about the circumstances, if he was such an a-hole why did you let him be around your girl?

P
Most of the men on my father's side are/were alcoholics. Many on my mother's side too. I struggle with it in that I really like beer, wine and distilled spirits, but I really don't like getting hammered. I really can't handle it like I used to. I can't drink as much as I'd like to.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

So I ask Who is the man.

Just wondering about the circumstances, if he was such an a-hole why did you let him be around your girl?

P
We were invited and it was a fire member here.
My girl friend spent most of her time with his mother who was a real sweat hart.
I spent my time with him.
He gave us a tour of the area he lives in and pointed the end of his M14 at her head and when she asked if it was loaded he went off on her.
I spoke up and I took a lot of abuse from him all that night.
We had a function to go to with him the next day.
She refused to go so I went alone to be polite and meet up with him.
From the second I got to his home he was on the attack. I took him to one of his friends home and he verbally attacked me so we split he went his way I went my way. I picked up my girl friend and my bloodied up poor dog that his dog attacked three times the night before until I jumped in to the fight to keep his dog from killing my dog. We had a Great time at the function.

The third day we were to have a shoot.
No one from the fire showed up to support this guy but my family.
So we blow him off and went to a tourist trap town and had some release time and enjoyed the last day of our trip.

When I got back home the guy attacked me on the Fire real bad.
And he will probably start up again after he reads this post.

Some people need to put the bottle away and look at them selves and what they do to others when they are drunk.

I consider myself as being quite tolerant of people. I have to be in my line of work but I choose not to have anything to do with this guy or people like him.

When the attacks start on me you will know who it was.
I will not be the one that tells who it is in respect for his privacy and my sanity on the Fire.

[quote=jnyork]
I live next to an Indian Reservation, I am absolutely convinced that certain people, Indians in particular, have a genetic disposition toward alcoholism, or at least have a genetic characteristic that leaves them with no resistance to alcoholism. Also, having witnessed several families for many years in which the uncles, the aunts, the cousins, the great-great grandpaws etc are alr4l alcholics, I believe this trait is hereditary. [/quo

BINGO
Hank
That sounds awesome

So I ask Who is the man.

P
My girl friend spent most of her time with his mother who was a real sweat hart.
He gave us a tour of the area he lives in and pointed the end of his M14 at her head and when she asked if it was loaded he went off on her.
From the second I got to his home he was on the attack. I took him to one of his friends home and he verbally attacked me so we split he went his way I went my way. I picked up my girl friend and my bloodied up poor dog that his dog attacked three times the night before until I jumped in to the fight to keep his dog from killing my dog. We had a Great time at the function.

So we blow him off and went to a tourist trap town and had some release time and enjoyed the last day of our trip.

Some people need to put the bottle away and look at them selves and what they do to others when they are drunk.

I consider myself as being quite tolerant of people. I have to be in my line of work but I choose not to have anything to do with this guy or people like him.

I will not be the one that tells who it is in respect for his privacy and my sanity on the Fire.

Post the name...
Originally Posted by GregW

So I ask Who is the man.

P

Post the name...

Nope
Rick got involved the last time many years ago and I do not want to start it back up this time.
Sorry
Ditto, post the name..
I am a goodly amount Eskimo......not an alcoholic.

I think it has more to do with poverty and having nothing going on.
M14 at your girlfriends head?

Mean drunk comes to mind.......
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Upon what basis would you say this? What evidence do you have to support this assertion?
Originally Posted by GregW

So I ask Who is the man.

P

Post the name...

Nope
Rick got involved the last time many years ago and I do not want to start it back up this time.
Sorry

Then why bring it up and tell a big long dramatic story?
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

He was just intolerant that I was from Cali. and could not get past that. At least that is what I am hoping never the less I will never go to a function , Shoot or anything else if I know he will be there.

And it was more like a Bitter Drunk.

The sad thing is we have a lot in common and I would have liked to get to know him better but that will never be now.

He was just intolerant that I was from Cali. and could not get past that. At least that is what I am hoping never the less I will never go to a function , Shoot or anything else if I know he will be there.

The sad thing is we have a lot in common and I would have liked to get to know him better but that will never be now.

Nah, Steelhead's a big pussycat.
Originally Posted by PaFrank
I've never been a big drinker, although I have tied on a Pirate load upon occasion. (usually once about every 10 years)

Well, I have a few friends that are or were drunks.. even dated a hot functional alcoholic once-upon-a-time (she was really fun)..

well anyway I always wanted to be one of the "fun" crowd, and even tried hard to be a drunk and get in on the fun (distant past)... I could just never do it! I would get loaded, and go to sleep... never liked how I felt the next day.... Never had to have a drink..

My last Pirate load was about 2009, and I don't see any more in my future..

I really do think the alcoholism thing is genetic.. you either gravitate toward it or need it, or you don't..

Interested in you guys thoughts or experiences..

Some people simply like to drink. Those people that like to drink and are successful are what society is supposed to deem as "normal." Those that drink, fall over, throw up, and schit the bed well into their 30's are what society used to deem as "drunks."

The term "alcoholic" in 2017 is simply laughable.

The .08 limit is dumber than fugk. Does anybody really believe Churchill, Washington, Jefferson, and Patton didn't operate and function at this level regularly?

There is nothing wrong with abstaining from alcohol. As long as it's for the right reasons.

Dave

Sounds like one of those AZ gatherings?

Dave
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

The ones in southern Arizona came to a screeching halt after 2013.. they started back up in 2015 but now hold them up in northern Arizona
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Having lived around Alaska Natives most of my life, and seen the devastation alcohol has caused among them, I asked my Native friends why.

Folks with European ancestry have developed liver enzymes to handle processing alcohol. Native Americans don't have those enzymes, so alcohol gets into the bloodstream and stays much longer and the effects are felt much stronger.

As for me, the last time I was drunk was August 9, 1986. Spent three days flat of my back with alcohol poisoning.

I had to stop drinking about a year ago due to medical issues. I DO miss my red wine and Bourbon! frown

Ed

The other thing I discovered about Native Americans and alcohol, they tend to not be able to stop once they start. The bottle has to be empty.

Some of them get pretty fu cking mean too when they are drinking....
Well, that's odd....

Perhaps some of the super-duper-every-fugking-year-gather'ers, can enlighten us?

Clark
Screeching halt? Sounds entertaining.

Dave

I've had a angry old man blow up on me at a particular AZ gathering. I think one of his drunken quotes was "you can take your cheap beer and get the F*ck out here"

I was drinking Keystones... Guess he didnt like it.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Ed

Wow.

We started reading history books.

Cool.

Dave
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986

I've had a angry old man blow up on me at a particular AZ gathering. I think one of his drunken quotes was "you can take your cheap beer and get the F*ck out here"

BRO!

That's like the best pre-run beer you can drink!

And he-be-hatin'?

Dave

Ed

Wow.

We started reading history books.

Cool.

Dave

I don't like to read. Just look at the pictures...

BRO!

And he-be-hatin'?

Dave

I think it was 2012 when this sh*t happened. I'm pretty sure the dude just didnt like me because I was young, happy, hunting every weekend and not old, disgruntled and too afraid of going more than 10 miles away from his house.

Either way... I like to drink, alot... Cheers folks
I want to read some names.

Less vagueness. More names.

Campfire Gathering ass holes will not be tolerated.

(myself excluded)

Clark

BRO!

And he-be-hatin'?

Dave

Wtf was going on at these Arizona get togethers?? Sure in the hell didn't sound very friendly..
They sound hilarious!

(myself excluded)

Clark

I'm starting to wonder if I was there. Must have drank too much meister brau I guess...

(myself excluded)

Clark

Your inbox is too full. Prob PM's from people praying for you when you quit drinking last year.

Mazeltov

(myself excluded)

Clark

I'm starting to wonder if I was there. Must have drank too much meister brau I guess...

Alright cousin Eddie lol

(myself excluded)

Clark

Your inbox is too full. Prob PM's from people praying for you when you quit drinking last year.

Mazeltov

This actually proved to be true. I have deleted and made room. (that's what she said)

Dave
In hindsight, that was a pretty tasteless joke.

Kinda.

I was told directly by an Inuit or Eskimo (there was one of each, and I forget) that they should never drink alcohol. I replied that I'd heard that, and she exclaimed, "it's TRUE, we shouldn't, we can't handle it."

Given the circumstances, and her sincerity, I believe her.
Originally Posted by 222Rem

I was told directly by an Inuit or Eskimo (there was one of each, and I forget) that they should never drink alcohol. I replied that I'd heard that, and she exclaimed, "it's TRUE, we shouldn't, we can't handle it."

It's not a myth. Their bodies literally cannot process alcohol and tobacco.

There's a reasons diabetes is as rampant as it is on the southern border. Their bodies can't process that schit.

Clark
Known more than a few where two drinks is too many, and twenty is not enough.

I don't drink. I don't mind if you do.

It's not a myth. Their bodies literally cannot process alcohol and tobacco.

There's a reasons diabetes is as rampant as it is on the southern border. Their bodies can't process that schit.

Clark

Just frybread and commodity cheese and canned beef!

Ha !

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4316878/
Originally Posted by 79S

Ha !

That took a little diggin'.............good work.
All I know is I'm just glad I wasn't borned dead. Y'all have a happy New Year. Better daze.
Originally Posted by 79S

Ha !

That took a little diggin'.............good work.

I'm Korea waiting to get to my unit nothing but time on my hands
Cry in your beer drunks are no fun
I love to drink. Kidneys won't allow it.
I knew who it was about 2 paragraphs in. What I don't understand is hanging around there for more than 5 minutes.

I don't mind happy drunks, but a mean drunk is a horrible thing. It's just like someone flipped a switch and you can see it.
I suppose he will show up on the scene threaten to whoop our young asses and teach us a thing or two about respect..
As far as boozing it up I like good beer and I found the holy grail of good beer in Whitehorse Yukon Territory called Yukon brewing company man some of the best beer around.. like others have said I hate angry drunks they can be absolute buzz kills!

Dave

Kenny H. never did like Keystone..
I used to drink a lot back when I was young. Now just a few when at one of the gatherings. I was in the Army with some Indians, Navajo I think, and on base all you could get was 3.2 beer. About 2 of them and they were drunk and unpredictable, not mean but liable to do about anything. All that stuff did was make me pizz. It took 5-6 pitchers to even get a small buzz. Had a friend that got in a lot of trouble when He drank and when He started it was a 2 or 3 day affair. He told me that the Irish in Him wanted it and the Indian in Him could not handle it. miles
It is a shame when a simple drink can turn an other wise enjoyable, learning experience into a genuine cluster [bleep].
After reading the linked thread, I can say I'd prefer Greg's company drunk than the other guy sober.

After 32 years of sobriety, I'd still rather be among a bunch of fun loving drunks than a bunch of sanctimonious tee totlaers.
I drink. Younger years we tied em on at times.

But now days I drink at the deer lease since I"m not on call for vol fire/ems there...

But I don't and never have missed drinking a drop. Could take it or leave it.

Do enjoy some alcohol when I'm not putting others at risk. But its very rare for me to drink most of the year these days.

Our best friend, I don't know what he'd do without chew or a drink. Not what I call a drunk, but he sure does like to have a few quite often.

Funny story to leave this with...came out of OR the other day, and supposedly I was up finally, asked if I wanted a coke, I supposedly wanted Bulleit in it... hell I drink but its generally weekends Nov/Dec at the deer lease only. LOL...

BTW I'd have been tempted to whip someones M1A barrel around a post or his head or otherwise....
what were you in for Jeff?
Drinking, just like dancing should only be done by those who are good at it, because if you don't know how to do either properly you will most likely come away from both looking like an ass and embarrassing every one you know.
Originally Posted by jimy
Drinking, just like dancing should only be done by those who are good at it, because if you don't know how to do either properly you will most likely come away from both looking like an ass and embarrassing every one you know.

I used to be good at drinking, but never was at dancing.
You just didn't drink enough for the music to "move" you!
You also have the guys that turn in to hotdogs when they drink, we've all met them, all lips and azzholes!
I have lost several friends and a few family members to alchoholism. I have seen families torn apart and homes destroyed. I know many people who cannot see themselves enjoying a weekend without drinking. Seems like a problem, to me. I felt it was better for me to avoid falling into the trap so I stopped forty five years ago. GD
Originally Posted by greydog
I have lost several friends and a few family members to alchoholism. I have seen families torn apart and homes destroyed. I know many people who cannot see themselves enjoying a weekend without drinking. Seems like a problem, to me. I felt it was better for me to avoid falling into the trap so I stopped forty five years ago. GD

You can replace the word "drinking" with the word "golf" and your statement would still hold water.
I've found that to be generally true of drunks/alcoholics as a whole.

You can replace the word "drinking" with the word "golf" and your statement would still hold water.
Your's does not. Not even on the water hazard holes and I haven't played golf for years and don't care if I ever do.
Alcoholism looks different from the inside than it does from the outside which explains why the "Substance Abuse Treatment Centers" have such a poor record.

And why one ex-drunk helping another drunk - WHO WANTS TO QUIT, BUT CAN'T- does work.
Along these lines, the television commercial for The Addication Network, why can't the fake doctor in the commercial blink?
A mean drunk is a full time A-hole who displays his true nature when booze lowers his inhibitions. Wife beaters and child abusers are good examples.

mike r
Very true; and there are people who insist on supporting him at the expense of those he hurts.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
A mean drunk is a full time A-hole who displays his true nature when booze lowers his inhibitions. Wife beaters and child abusers are good examples.

mike r

No truer statement has ever been spake.
Been hurt too many times, by drunks on the job. Still sloppy from the night before. I will not work with 'em, and told the boss as much when i threw one out of my truck, along side the freeway, and told the boss where to find him.
Did we figure out who can't hold their liquor at the annual Ken Howell ball licking conventions?

Dave
Oh the judgement of the 'fire. Never not funny.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Sober up.

Clark

Sober up.

Clark

I"m just warming up. Sober me is lame. Buzzed me is pretty cool. Drunk me is a lot of harmless fun. But then again, I'm one of those "happy drunks" that aren't supposed to exist.

mike r

ABSOLUTELY.

Did we figure out who can't hold their liquor at the annual Ken Howell ball licking conventions?

Dave

No.
I was really lit yesterday, but I don't own a M14........

Slave

P.S. I have also never licked a ball.............that I remember, anyway.
I have a lot of fun around fun drunks they make the party happen.

Party on.
Happy New Year, your Gruffness.
Tell Ace hello.
Originally Posted by wageslave
Tell Ace hello.

Rumor is they became "besties."

Clark
I'd like to know what it is, that these [bleep] that don't drink, blame being an [bleep] on? laugh
I'd like to know what it is, that these [bleep] that don't drink, blame being an [bleep] on? laugh

They've never grabbed life by the pussy.

Dave
Tell Ace hello.

Happy Christmas and a Marry New Year 'slave. I keep thinking I'll bump into him but have yet to make a sighting. I think Clarke hurt his feelings so bad he doesn't leave the trailer anymore.
Clark is an ass.

Well, in my case I don't make excuses.
I'm what I am and don't give a damn
Clark is an ass.

+1

Dave
Clark is an ass.

Ass is such a retaliative term!

You can be just an, ass

You can be an, [bleep]

You can be an, dumb ass

You can be a, smart ass

You can be a, wise ass

Or just and endless ass.

Along these lines, the television commercial for The Addication Network, why can't the fake doctor in the commercial blink?

I just told my wife this morning that I want to reach through the TV and push that fugkrs glasses up! grin

Now I'm off to the liquor store. Got snow to move!
I'm a way bigger [bleep] when sober.

And never feel like drinking if I'm in a bad mood.

Luckily I'm only in a bad mood about once a month.

Jager will however do a number on me and I turn into a wild idiot. Threw a pizza across the kitchen once, kicked in an interior door, ahh the good ol' days.
(I no longer drink Jager....)

Just got in from chores and downed an Irish car bomb. Mood went up a click. Thank God my wife loves party time Sam!

Hell she actually encourages me to drink(kinda). My mom and sister buy me beer for Christmas, birthdays, etc..

Pretty much an awesome drunk I guess....
Drunk me fills up a water bottle with Vodka and puts it on my nightstand for the morning. Drunk me is a dick.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm a way bigger [bleep] when sober.

And never feel like drinking if I'm in a bad mood.

Luckily I'm only in a bad mood about once a month.

Jager will however do a number on me and I turn into a wild idiot. Threw a pizza across the kitchen once, kicked in an interior door, ahh the good ol' days.
(I no longer drink Jager....)

Just got in from chores and downed an Irish car bomb. Mood went up a click. Thank God my wife loves party time Sam!

Hell she actually encourages me to drink(kinda). My mom and sister buy me beer for Christmas, birthdays, etc..

Pretty much an awesome drunk I guess....

Exactly. I can never drink if I'm in a 'bad mood' or 'sad' about something.

Drinking is for good times and days.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Drinking is for good times and days.

Time for another car bomb?

I think so....
Hard to not like a car bomb.

We go to our 'neighborhood' bar (beer joint) on St. Paddy's Day with a bottle of Jameson, a bottle of Bailey's and 2 six packs of Guinness beer (since they don't have that).

I make 10 pounds of Irish Shepard's pie and Irish soda bread.

Good times.
I have no idea of what a 'pirate load' is, but then I don't drink much myself. I go weeks without a drink of any kind, and don't miss it. I do enjoy a beer with the fellows in the back yard though.
I'm a happy drinker. Sometimes a bit too much, Lol, but always happy.

Mean drunks are often soft in the head and can be a lot of fun to coerce into doing stupid things, like getting their azz kicked. Getting rid of them is the trick.
I was on a white russian kick a few weeks back. Super tasty, but always felt like hacking after a few.
I've had guns drawn on me while delivering pizzas, by drunks. I very nearly had to shoot the last one.
Ive been knocked off a three story wall by a drunk, while framing an apartment complex.
A drunk IT guy tried to destroy my email.
A drunk driver broke both my sister's legs and totaled her car.
A drunk driver killed several friends of mine.
A drunk hunter/poacher started shooting at me during archery season, shooting at movement.
When what you do, effects me, there's a problem.
Originally Posted by kellory
I've had guns drawn on me while delivering pizzas, by drunks. I very nearly had to shoot the last one.
Ive been knocked off a three story wall by a drunk, while framing an apartment complex.
A drunk hunter/poacher started shooting at me during archery season, shooting at movement.

Note to self:

OH is FULL of drunks.
Originally Posted by add

Note to self:

OH is FULL of drunks.

FULL!

Dave

Kenny H. never did like Keystone..

The incident did not happen on a Fire gathering it was a public gathering
Ken had nothing to do with it and it was only two Fire members involved Myself and someone else Many Many years ago..

Long past History

This thread was about Drunks and not pointing fingers at any particular person.
A drink or 2 in the evening is my reward when I accomplish that days goals. I don't like to drink too much because it eases my paranoia and mellows me out.

Driving beers don't count.Lonely dirt roads, hot jazz played loudly and beer in a can are proof that god wants us to be happy.

mike r

Ken had nothing to do with it and it was only two Fire members involved Myself and someone else Many Many years ago..

Long past History

I know, everyone knows it was Cross.
A drink or 2 in the evening is my reward when I accomplish that days goals. I don't like to drink too much because it eases my paranoia and mellows me out.

Driving beers don't count.Lonely dirt roads, hot jazz played loudly and beer in a can are proof that god wants us to be happy.

mike r

Does driving whiskey count? Past October in the 'neighborhood'

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I used to be good at drinking, but never was at dancing.

When I was drinking a lot, I THOUGHT I was good at dancing! grin
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by add

Note to self:

OH is FULL of drunks.

FULL!

3rd that. I stopped drinking about 3 years ago. When I visit my folks up there each Christmas it feels like being at a tittty bar when you feel like keeping your money in your pocket. Constant harassment. I don't know what the official state drink of OH is but you can bet your ass it comes with an alcohol content.
In all fairness, if you lived in Ohio, wouldn't you want to be a drunk too?
I'm one of those steady 6 to 8 beer a night kinda guys. Slow steady buzz. I like Vodka on the weekends if we go out and it's fun to tie one on occasionally. I never drink before 4:00, it makes me tired and I go to sleep. I can't really remember the last time I didn't drink anything. If I get drunk, I mellow out and watch everyone else act stupid. It's funny as schit.

Last week I got screwed. I came down with gout. My doctor's been trying to get me to cut back for my liver's sake for a long time now. He kind of joked and told me that maybe the pain in my foot might get me to cut back. Beer is really bad for gout. So I started drinking wine, it's not as bad.

Long past History

6 years ago is not "many many years ago" either

Dave

That will teach ya.

Next time bring some Rollin' Rock.
Nope.
road's too wide
too many trees
country is too tame
can't see a mountain
payload implies manual labor

whiskey looks good though

mike r

Where in OH are you at?

What were the consequences for the aforementioned imbibers of firewater?

And yes, I agree on your last statement. Just like texting or eating while driving, talking in a movie theater, and careless (slow or fast) driving.

You're just jealous. (Move along, nothing to see here, keep going. "This way to the World Famous Egress!")

Long past History

Oh my God, you are a mean drunk.

Dave

Where in OH are you at?

And yes, I agree on your last statement. Just like texting or eating while driving, talking in a movie theater, and careless (slow or fast) driving.
the stupid drunk who nearly got shot at his own door, sobered up a little bit when his buddy took the shotgun away from him. it broke up the poker game when they saw the pistol in my fist under the pizza. The asshat that knocked me off the wall never came back to the job. The rest went through the legal system, and the morgue.

I will never drink and drive. I'm usually the designated driver. I always drive myself so I never get trapped at the bar again, when the driver refuses to leave.
And who in the fugk would CHOOSE to live in Ohio???

Dave

Dave

I do. I've been all over this country and I like Ohio. I'm a service tech and I work with my tools and my hands. I could do that anywhere. My work is not tied to any particular location. A lot of things start in Ohio before they ever spread to the rest of the country.
On the other hand, I got more martial arts training on the streets of California that I ever did in classes.
I like ohio.

HA! grin
A lot of things start in Ohio before they ever spread to the rest of the country.

Syphilis has never been a selling point for me, but ok...

Dave

I do. I've been all over this country and I like Ohio. I'm a service tech and I work with my tools and my hands. I could do that anywhere. My work is not tied to any particular location. A lot of things start in Ohio before they ever spread to the rest of the country.
On the other hand, I got more martial arts training on the streets of California that I ever did in classes.
I like ohio.

Are you the drunk ninja from the Ken Howell Blowwjobbbb Convention?

Dave

Dave

I like ohio.

Are you the drunk ninja from the Ken Howell Blowwjobbbb Convention?

Dave

Nooo.....why are you looking for him?
I Judy chopped a beer once.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I Judy chopped a beer once.

So did Ms. Garland.
She was choppin' the schit outta mommies little helpers!
So how often do these 24 hour get together turn into drunken brawls?? Why hasn't deflave been invited to one??

Nooo.....why are you looking for him?

Yes.

Dave
The only consistent get-togethers have been the annual Icebreakers that Pat hosts. AFAIK they've been a great time, and given the character of the attendees (except for Clark), the drinking hasn't led to anything bad.

I also think the difference between AZ and MT weather keeps guys nice. Turning into an azzhole could get you banished from the heated tent while you sober the fugk up enough to be civil. Just guessin' though.
Originally Posted by 79S
So how often do these 24 hour get together turn into drunken brawls?? Why hasn't deflave been invited to one??

I've been invited to all of them.

Unfortunately; I have to save every penny so I can fulfill my lifelong dream of living in Ohio before I die.

Dave
The only consistent get-togethers have been the annual Icebreakers that Pat hosts. AFAIK they've been a great time, and given the character of the attendees (except for Clark), the drinking hasn't led to anything bad.

I also think the difference between AZ and MT weather keeps guys nice. Turning into an azzhole could get you banished from the heated tent while you sober the fugk up enough to be civil. Just guessin' though.

My shenanigans are cheeky and fun.

Crossfire's are mean, and tragic.

Apparently...

Clark
Originally Posted by 79S

Unfortunately; I have to save every penny so I can fulfill my lifelong dream of living in Ohio before I die.

Dave

That one cracked me up 'flave, haha!

*high five*
Having lived there, I'll say OH is better than other places I've been. But I'll slit my wrists before I lived there again.

From Ohio and could stare down an M14 w/o blinkin'...

Apparently...

Clark

You used both shenanigans and cheeky in the same sentence. Few guys can make that work.

NO way you're a mean drunk.
Having lived there, I'll say OH is better than other places I've been. But I'll slit my wrists before I lived there again.

Well, anything compared to Mogadishu is better.

Well, anything compared to Mogadishu is better.

Never been there, but I have spent some time in quite a few other states. OH is better than some, worse than others. Hell on earth it ain't, most especially the SE corner.

You used both shenanigans and cheeky in the same sentence. Few guys can make that work.

It's a Super Trooper's reference.

Dave

Never been there, but I have spent some time in quite a few other states. OH is better than some, worse than others. Hell on earth it ain't, most especially the SE corner.

You should move back.

Might have a better chance of finding me a bear.

Dave

You should move back.

Might have a better chance of finding me a bear.

Dave

You didn't suck my dick good eongh for a bear
Only because I couldn't find it.

Dave
We've heard you might show up, so we moved ohio. Don't come looking...we're closed.
We've heard you might show up, so we moved ohio. Don't come looking...we're closed.

Damn the luck.

It's a Super Trooper's reference.

Dave

Oh, I missed that.

Obviously.

I still use shenanigans in day to day life, and occasionally in reports, just to make the boss kick 'em back for repairs. grin

Darn the luck. I was hoping to only hunt with a slug gun and always be within ear shot of another ass hole.

Dave

Darn the luck. I was hoping to only hunt with a slug gun and always be within ear shot of another ass hole.

Dave
too bad. We went to rifle years ago, and if an azzhole is noisy enough, we can hear him all the way through the internet.

Apparently...

Clark

My only question at these shindigs when one is drunk does it have to be a m1a1 pointed at guests heads? Or can it be Rem 700 in a 223 AI?
Well, if you're in Ohio, it can be a hand cannon held by a ninja pizza boy who learned on the streets of San Francisco.

Dave
too bad. We went to rifle years ago, and if an azzhole is noisy enough, we can hear him all the way through the internet.

You're not an ass hole.

You're a kghunt.

Dave
Originally Posted by 79S

My only question at these shindigs when one is drunk does it have to be a m1a1 pointed at guests heads? Or can it be Rem 700 in a 223 AI?

Is that how "oops" found its way into his name?

Dave
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Well, if you're in Ohio, it can be a hand cannon held by a ninja pizza boy who learned on the streets of San Francisco.

you might want to work on those reading comprehension classes. the pistol, though unstated, was a Raven 25 caliber semi-auto. ( very easy to conceal but unreliable).
I don't recall ever being in San Francisco.
Originally Posted by 79S

Is that how "oops" found its way into his name?

Dave

I thought he was a Brittany spears fan oops I did it again..

you might want to work on those reading comprehension classes. the pistol, though unstated, was a Raven 25 caliber semi-auto. ( very easy to conceal but unreliable).

You tripped yourself up, moron.

Everybody knows, with your ninja skills learned on the streets, you'd *never* pull a piece that wasn't a battle tested icon.

You'da just kicked the sh|t outta everybody there.

With one hand.

And not make the cheese stick to the toppa the pizza box.

Unless they hadda end up in the morgue. Not your fault, of course.

You're really pissin' bigsqueeze off with this BS, may he rest in peace.

I do. I've been all over this country and I like Ohio.

LMAO.

Dave
Ok to host a 24 hour get together
1. Be a mean drunk
2. Waive loaded guns around like poncho villa
3. Threaten to whip all the young guys asses teach them some respect
4. Repeat steps 1-3
Originally Posted by 79S
Ok to host a 24 hour get together
1. Be a mean drunk
2. Waive loaded guns around like poncho villa
3. Threaten to whip all the young guys asses teach them some respect
4. Repeat steps 1-3

IME, not at all.
Originally Posted by 79S

Dave

I think I've got enough saved. Is it mandatory you're an [bleep] before you move there?
I read somewhere that the farther you get from Europe, the higher the incidence of alcoholism. Something to do with how long a culture has been exposed to alcohol. Native Americans and Eskimo, fairly recent.

P

Like Ireland.
Originally Posted by kingston

Like Ireland.

They were black before black was cool.

Clark
Ha!

Kinda.

Kinda.

JFC

LOL!

Kinda.

Kinda.

JFC

LOL!

I knew you'd catch it.

Sick fugk.

Clark

Lol

Kinda.

Kinda.

JFC

LOL!

I knew you'd catch it.

Sick fugk.

Clark

I'm just getting caught up...

Gotta go back to page 4 and keep working my way toward the present.
This guy.

Could show at the next gathering; drink all the cheap beer off-property, sing some Garland covers, and let Crossfire motorboat him with that M14.

Some days I drink too much, but often I don't drink enough. I love beer.

I'm drinking my first beer of 2017 tonight...
Originally Posted by add
This guy.

Could show at the next gathering; drink all the cheap beer off-property, sing some Garland covers, and let Crossfire motorboat him with that M14.

Well, the next gathering is the hog hunt.................
Damn. No one has spilled the beans on who pointed a barrell at the woman's skull?
Damn. No one has spilled the beans on who pointed a barrell at the woman's skull?

No, still in the dark.
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker

What a f a g.

Dave
Originally Posted by add

No, still in the dark.

All conjecture at this point.

Dave
Really? It took me about a millisecond to figure it out.
Drunk me fills up a water bottle with Vodka and puts it on my nightstand for the morning. Drunk me is a dick.

Now I get it...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I have no idea of what a 'pirate load' is...

I figured it was some sort of themed bukkake party.

You must have been in Pennsylvania.

What a f a g.

Dave

Darrik,

I didn't mean to type this.

I forgot you manage Whittakers.

Happy New Year.

Travis

I think crossfireoops hosted that event. Maybe he remembers something.

Clark

Where in OH are you at?

the stupid drunk who nearly got shot at his own door, sobered up a little bit when his buddy took the shotgun away from him. it broke up the poker game when they saw the pistol in my fist under the pizza. The asshat that knocked me off the wall never came back to the job. The rest went through the legal system, and the morgue.

I will never drink and drive. I'm usually the designated driver. I always drive myself so I never get trapped at the bar again, when the driver refuses to leave.

Someday soon you'll get Über in Ohio. It's a fantastic alternative. There's just the smallest chance the driver will molest you. Albeit in your case, even smaller.
Thought you just meant freaking awesome gentleman

What a f a g.

Dave

Darrik,

Happy New Year.

Travis

Ball licker...

What a f a g.

Dave

Darrik,

Happy New Year.

Travis

Ball licker...

If I keep drinking I'll forget it anyway....

I think crossfireoops hosted that event. Maybe he remembers something.

Clark

At this point, I doubt it.

Figure he would have mentioned it a loooong time ago if he did.
I'll remind you in April.
Your room is getting close...

Ball licker...

Gotta get ahead somehow...

Get it? aHEAD?

GTBTP,
Travis
Originally Posted by add

At this point, I doubt it.

Figure he would have mentioned it a loooong time ago if he did.

Maybe he was just busy with other important stuff.

Dave
Originally Posted by add
This guy.

Pretty sure he's dead..........something about his heart not appreciating drugs on top of its day to day duties.

What a f a g.

Dave

Darrik,

Happy New Year.

Travis

TFF! grin
Originally Posted by add
This guy.

Pretty sure he's dead..........something about his heart not appreciating drugs on top of its day to day duties.

That fugcker could sing though.
Originally Posted by add
This guy.

Like keeping up with a digestive tract tasked with consuming litters of suckling piglets?

You tripped yourself up, moron.

Everybody knows, with your ninja skills learned on the streets, you'd *never* pull a piece that wasn't a battle tested icon.

You'da just kicked the sh|t outta everybody there.

With one hand.

And not make the cheese stick to the toppa the pizza box.

Unless they hadda end up in the morgue. Not your fault, of course.

You're really pissin' bigsqueeze off with this BS, may he rest in peace.

Are you a complete fugging idiot, or did you fail to finish the course?
You use whatever tools you have.
if that is your best attempt at intelligent thought, conversing with you is a waste of data.
(Must have wandered into the shallow end of the gene pool)
I like the cheese from the top of the pizza box.
I wonder who it was??

What a f a g.

Dave

Darrik,

Happy New Year.

Travis

A man that can handle his licker, with a full blown gun problem! grin
How 'bout some strong hints from those that know. I do not want to go to a future gathering where this individual is present.
OOPS, I did it again
I got it now. Yes, I did see the other hints but wanted to be sure.
It does not surprise me based on some of that individual's previous, what I suspected were drunken, posts.

Rude, reprehensible behavior, if true.
this has been a difficult thread to read, since I have half the repsonders on ignore. Funny chit.
Probably would be just as difficult if I went back and read the vacuous stupid [bleep] that they post. smile
if i remember right there is another side to this story.
Originally Posted by stxhunter

There always is.

P
So is Jay Cutler a mean drunk, or not?
79S - regarding the SW Campfire gatherings - can't quite tell if you are seeking accurate perception or trying to stir the pot.

These started several years ago with a winter event in southern AZ and a summer event in high country NM. Folks soon learned that we like to shoot a lot of different firearms - all day - and want to do so at the campsite. To enable such, the winter event now happens NE of Phoenix (Tonto Basin) on public land and the summer deal in the NM Apache/Gila NF.

We all have a great time - and some guys bring spouses and kids. There is a lot of ribbing, competition and story telling (some true) and gentlemanly behavior is the norm/rule.

In the evenings, a number of folks enjoy alcohol in various form - sometimes real shine - but they are really good about it and never once has there been a resulting tussle, let alone a "brawl". The onerous "gun pointing" mentioned earlier DID NOT occur at a SW gathering. Over the course of several years and in the two or three instances when someone has gotten a bit past the edge on alcohol, one or two of the other gentlemen have dealt with it quietly - with zero bad outcomes.

Sure - in the distant past we've had a couple of uncomfortable moments - but they weren't drunk-driven. Once one of us old-timers tied to hassle a young newcomer, and the other happened (mildly) when some non-Campfire guys inserted themselves for what seemed like commercial purposes.

The SW Campfire guys are big on inviting and welcoming new participants - and are expecting to meet some new folks in Tonto come February. Hoping that I've been accurate here, am certain that another SW guy will speak up and fix anything I've gotten wrong.

Shouldn't there be an expiration date for whining?

I have no use for attention whores.
So, who did it?

Dave
this has been a difficult thread to read, since I have half the repsonders on ignore. Funny chit.
Probably would be just as difficult if I went back and read the vacuous stupid [bleep] that they post. smile

I'm struggling to imagine this place without the vacuous stupid [bleep].

using ignore is like surrendering your sense of humor.

mike r
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Shouldn't there be an expiration date for whining?

I have no use for attention whores.

You sound like a mean drunk.. do you hate keystone?

using ignore is like surrendering your sense of humor.

mike r

Wise words.
Originally Posted by CCCC
79S - regarding the SW Campfire gatherings - can't quite tell if you are seeking accurate perception or trying to stir the pot.

These started several years ago with a winter event in southern AZ and a summer event in high country NM. Folks soon learned that we like to shoot a lot of different firearms - all day - and want to do so at the campsite. To enable such, the winter event now happens NE of Phoenix (Tonto Basin) on public land and the summer deal in the NM Apache/Gila NF.

We all have a great time - and some guys bring spouses and kids. There is a lot of ribbing, competition and story telling (some true) and gentlemanly behavior is the norm/rule.

In the evenings, a number of folks enjoy alcohol in various form - sometimes real shine - but they are really good about it and never once has there been a resulting tussle, let alone a "brawl". The onerous "gun pointing" mentioned earlier DID NOT occur at a SW gathering. Over the course of several years and in the two or three instances when someone has gotten a bit past the edge on alcohol, one or two of the other gentlemen have dealt with it quietly - with zero bad outcomes.

Sure - in the distant past we've had a couple of uncomfortable moments - but they weren't drunk-driven. Once one of us old-timers tied to hassle a young newcomer, and the other happened (mildly) when some non-Campfire guys inserted themselves for what seemed like commercial purposes.

The SW Campfire guys are big on inviting and welcoming new participants - and are expecting to meet some new folks in Tonto come February. Hoping that I've been accurate here, am certain that another SW guy will speak up and fix anything I've gotten wrong.

I kind of debated after reading all of this as to if i should post or just stay silent. I decided i did need to post because it is maligning in a bad way a group of people.
I have not drank really in about 40years, other than maybe a oz of whiskey on the fourth of july, in about a quart of coke. I say that for a reason.
I was there when the first campfire gettogether was planned and happened at quemato. I have been i think with one exception at every one since. I think i have been at all of the campfires at roosevelt, at least for the day if not for the whole weekend.
I have been to some in southern arizona.
I also know or have met I think at least three of the four players in the events described. And i heard the story of the fourth one a long time ago.
I think it is wise to say there are two sides to a story.
These events were NOT as I remember, perhaps with the exception of one event connected to campfire events, certainly a solid NO at those at quemato and lake Roosevelt.
There are increasingly more and more kids/wives, etc at these events and it's pretty surprising how mellow they are, and generous. I don't get to fire merkel double barrel dangerous game rifles that often.
And I have met some mighty fine people.
It's also interesting to see people bringing up long drawn out vendetta's against a deceased man in such a fashion. Doesn't matter if you liked him or not, it's that thing about if you can't say anything nice about the dead, don't say anything at all.
And there are some somewhat factual errors. The man in question has owned a soocom for quite a while, but not the traditional m1A1.
And i find the story hard to believe, i wasn't there so i didn't see it. But i do know for a fact the person this was attributed to has been a range officer of many events, very well versed in firearms, and again, i wasn't there, but i don't find it credible given years of first hand experience with said individual at a number of events.
I wonder what the motive is in dragging this stuff up? Some of the posters were the ones envolved in what happened. It's like character assination behind a screen name.
I have some times questioned from reading posts if they weren't made under some influence of alcohol, and that includes some of those posting on this thread. As to the individual everybody is tiptoeing around, there have been times i have been ticked at him, and wondered if booze was talking in threads. But having been at his place my wife with me any number of times over what, 15 years?, i have never seen him intoxicated, even when he didn't know we were coming.
The thing is forgetting his behavior for a moment, I need to comment on some throwing the darts. On here they seem despicable at times. But yet i am aware of acts of kindness that are really something, but not commonly known on the fire. We all have our sins, but i don't think a person has to get stomped on through this channel here forever. In some cases even after their death.
I AM glad i haven't seen that behavior at these get togethers tied to the campfire. Otherwise i would not have went to as many of them as i have.

P

Then explain the Irish
Originally Posted by PaFrank

P

Then explain the Irish

The Irish are Functional Alcoholics. Very different from what you see on the Reservations.
[quote=funshooter]I am not against drinking.

P
He gave us a tour of the area he lives in and pointed the end of his M14

I consider myself as being quite A SUCKER.

WELL, I'm calling BS on this. There are no arsewhole meaney bastids on the Fire.

I asked about that the other day. All the arsewholes denied it or didnt step forward.

Its just a figment of OUR paranoid imagination. smirk wink
Originally Posted by 79S

BRO!

And he-be-hatin'?

Dave

Wtf was going on at these Arizona get togethers?? Sure in the hell didn't sound very friendly..

Moral: Dont bring Keystone for the high class Fire guys. (I better write that down).
Funshooter, Im betting you had a good looking chick too, like that arsewhole Travis. wink

They've never grabbed life by the pussy.

Dave

Or never been "grabbed" by one.

I remember Rush ranting about the same thing 20 years ago. Worked out real well for that D-bag, huh?
One mans meat is another mans poison.

PS That D-bag is no dhimmicRAT and if not for him we probably would have a traitor for president, rather than a man, again.

How 'bout some strong hints from those that know. I do not want to go to a future gathering where this individual is present.

Originally Posted by FishinHank
OOPS, I did it again

I had to laugh at that one...
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Still waiting to hear it....should be quite entertaining...moreso if copious amounts of cheap beer is involved...
I only drink when I have some.

Don't have a M-14, I do have a M-1. If I pointed it the wifey, she would shove it up my ass. She is 6.0 weighs 160, bout as big as me. I will pass on that scenario.

Come midnight it will be my birthday, going to our favorite country dance club about 8. I suspect we will have sore toes tomorrow. She wears her Fitbit on her boot when we go. We usually make 4 to 5 miles dancing. Staying at hotel so we aren't driving. I will have ten or twelve Jack and cokes. Wifey will drink 20. I can't hold her a light to see with when it comes to drinking. All her family drinks, They can all drink a lot. We only drink on the weekends.

I really don't trust people that don't drink a little. Just my opinion. I have run into a few that had two beers and couldn't talk. It's like their tongue swells up. They had DUI's too
Deliberate avoidance of any comment regarding God and spiritual belief factors here.

I have experienced a number of friends/acquaintances who abused alcohol and were out of control at times. Some of them realized their plight, assessed their problem, stood tall, stopped drinking, and have been successful - and very happy. Others limped along through life as drunks and some drank themselves to death.

Through interest, I have studied the literature, the cure methods, etc. and have come to the position that alcoholism, in and of itself, is not hereditary, is not an ethnic/racial inclination, and is not treatable as a true physical illness. If someone can provide credible fact-based thoroughly researched evidence contrary to the position, I would love to study it.

Given - alcoholism has proven to be a difficult to control scourge for many persons as well as for families and friends. I feel great empathy for those affected. The same can be said for drug abuse, bad eating practices and other forms of self-destructive behavior. As with many opportunities and challenges in life, some folks work to be good at making good choices and avoiding bad ones. Others don't do such good work, while others seem to do poorly - or not even try.

In the course of a life, everyone is burdened and slammed around by the facts and realities of human existence. Some stand up to those issues, face them, and find a way to prevail. Others seem to want someone else to take the hits for them, or to assume the blame. Others seem to retreat - to hide - to seek escape from the inescapable.

My take is that, somewhere in the nature of those responses to reality lies the explanation for alcoholism. The only preventive I know would be something like "train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is older he will not depart from it" Not much - wish I could give more - but it's all I have.
I like your post CCCC
Happy BD, hanco. Have a good one and a good designated driver.

Id be more concerned about wifey drinking 20 cokes than some whiskey.
Sometimes the best way to understand a problem is to study the solution.

The only large scale solution to alcoholism appears to be found in the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous which has a Spiritual program of action.

So...... if the solution is a Spiritual way of life, what does that tell you about the nature of the problem?
20 Jack and cokes ain't Cshit for her when we are dancing hard!
© 24hourcampfire