Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I got it now. Yes, I did see the other hints but wanted to be sure.
It does not surprise me based on some of that individual's previous, what I suspected were drunken, posts.

Last edited by whistle1; 01/02/17.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Rude, reprehensible behavior, if true.

Last edited by whistle1; 01/03/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
this has been a difficult thread to read, since I have half the repsonders on ignore. Funny chit.
Probably would be just as difficult if I went back and read the vacuous stupid [bleep] that they post. smile

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
if i remember right there is another side to this story.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by stxhunter
if i remember right there is another side to this story.

There always is.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So is Jay Cutler a mean drunk, or not?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
79S - regarding the SW Campfire gatherings - can't quite tell if you are seeking accurate perception or trying to stir the pot.

These started several years ago with a winter event in southern AZ and a summer event in high country NM. Folks soon learned that we like to shoot a lot of different firearms - all day - and want to do so at the campsite. To enable such, the winter event now happens NE of Phoenix (Tonto Basin) on public land and the summer deal in the NM Apache/Gila NF.

We all have a great time - and some guys bring spouses and kids. There is a lot of ribbing, competition and story telling (some true) and gentlemanly behavior is the norm/rule.

In the evenings, a number of folks enjoy alcohol in various form - sometimes real shine - but they are really good about it and never once has there been a resulting tussle, let alone a "brawl". The onerous "gun pointing" mentioned earlier DID NOT occur at a SW gathering. Over the course of several years and in the two or three instances when someone has gotten a bit past the edge on alcohol, one or two of the other gentlemen have dealt with it quietly - with zero bad outcomes.

Sure - in the distant past we've had a couple of uncomfortable moments - but they weren't drunk-driven. Once one of us old-timers tied to hassle a young newcomer, and the other happened (mildly) when some non-Campfire guys inserted themselves for what seemed like commercial purposes.

The SW Campfire guys are big on inviting and welcoming new participants - and are expecting to meet some new folks in Tonto come February. Hoping that I've been accurate here, am certain that another SW guy will speak up and fix anything I've gotten wrong.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shouldn't there be an expiration date for whining?

I have no use for attention whores.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
So, who did it?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
this has been a difficult thread to read, since I have half the repsonders on ignore. Funny chit.
Probably would be just as difficult if I went back and read the vacuous stupid [bleep] that they post. smile

I'm struggling to imagine this place without the vacuous stupid [bleep].

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by kingston

using ignore is like surrendering your sense of humor.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Shouldn't there be an expiration date for whining?

I have no use for attention whores.

You sound like a mean drunk.. do you hate keystone?

Last edited by 79S; 01/03/17.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by kingston

using ignore is like surrendering your sense of humor.

mike r

Wise words.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
79S - regarding the SW Campfire gatherings - can't quite tell if you are seeking accurate perception or trying to stir the pot.

These started several years ago with a winter event in southern AZ and a summer event in high country NM. Folks soon learned that we like to shoot a lot of different firearms - all day - and want to do so at the campsite. To enable such, the winter event now happens NE of Phoenix (Tonto Basin) on public land and the summer deal in the NM Apache/Gila NF.

We all have a great time - and some guys bring spouses and kids. There is a lot of ribbing, competition and story telling (some true) and gentlemanly behavior is the norm/rule.

In the evenings, a number of folks enjoy alcohol in various form - sometimes real shine - but they are really good about it and never once has there been a resulting tussle, let alone a "brawl". The onerous "gun pointing" mentioned earlier DID NOT occur at a SW gathering. Over the course of several years and in the two or three instances when someone has gotten a bit past the edge on alcohol, one or two of the other gentlemen have dealt with it quietly - with zero bad outcomes.

Sure - in the distant past we've had a couple of uncomfortable moments - but they weren't drunk-driven. Once one of us old-timers tied to hassle a young newcomer, and the other happened (mildly) when some non-Campfire guys inserted themselves for what seemed like commercial purposes.

The SW Campfire guys are big on inviting and welcoming new participants - and are expecting to meet some new folks in Tonto come February. Hoping that I've been accurate here, am certain that another SW guy will speak up and fix anything I've gotten wrong.

I kind of debated after reading all of this as to if i should post or just stay silent. I decided i did need to post because it is maligning in a bad way a group of people.
I have not drank really in about 40years, other than maybe a oz of whiskey on the fourth of july, in about a quart of coke. I say that for a reason.
I was there when the first campfire gettogether was planned and happened at quemato. I have been i think with one exception at every one since. I think i have been at all of the campfires at roosevelt, at least for the day if not for the whole weekend.
I have been to some in southern arizona.
I also know or have met I think at least three of the four players in the events described. And i heard the story of the fourth one a long time ago.
I think it is wise to say there are two sides to a story.
These events were NOT as I remember, perhaps with the exception of one event connected to campfire events, certainly a solid NO at those at quemato and lake Roosevelt.
There are increasingly more and more kids/wives, etc at these events and it's pretty surprising how mellow they are, and generous. I don't get to fire merkel double barrel dangerous game rifles that often.
And I have met some mighty fine people.
It's also interesting to see people bringing up long drawn out vendetta's against a deceased man in such a fashion. Doesn't matter if you liked him or not, it's that thing about if you can't say anything nice about the dead, don't say anything at all.
And there are some somewhat factual errors. The man in question has owned a soocom for quite a while, but not the traditional m1A1.
And i find the story hard to believe, i wasn't there so i didn't see it. But i do know for a fact the person this was attributed to has been a range officer of many events, very well versed in firearms, and again, i wasn't there, but i don't find it credible given years of first hand experience with said individual at a number of events.
I wonder what the motive is in dragging this stuff up? Some of the posters were the ones envolved in what happened. It's like character assination behind a screen name.
I have some times questioned from reading posts if they weren't made under some influence of alcohol, and that includes some of those posting on this thread. As to the individual everybody is tiptoeing around, there have been times i have been ticked at him, and wondered if booze was talking in threads. But having been at his place my wife with me any number of times over what, 15 years?, i have never seen him intoxicated, even when he didn't know we were coming.
The thing is forgetting his behavior for a moment, I need to comment on some throwing the darts. On here they seem despicable at times. But yet i am aware of acts of kindness that are really something, but not commonly known on the fire. We all have our sins, but i don't think a person has to get stomped on through this channel here forever. In some cases even after their death.
I AM glad i haven't seen that behavior at these get togethers tied to the campfire. Otherwise i would not have went to as many of them as i have.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
P
PaFrank Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I read somewhere that the farther you get from Europe, the higher the incidence of alcoholism. Something to do with how long a culture has been exposed to alcohol. Native Americans and Eskimo, fairly recent.

P

Then explain the Irish

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by PaFrank
I read somewhere that the farther you get from Europe, the higher the incidence of alcoholism. Something to do with how long a culture has been exposed to alcohol. Native Americans and Eskimo, fairly recent.

P

Then explain the Irish

The Irish are Functional Alcoholics. Very different from what you see on the Reservations.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by funshooter
[quote=funshooter]I am not against drinking.
I do very little my self and I can have more fun sober.
When I get drunk I get depressed and I am no fun for anyone.

I had a Guy tell me one time that I was not a man unless I drank and he was offended when I did not drink with him.
The guy was an absolute jerk and had my girl friend in tiers by the end of the night.

P
We were invited and it was a fire member here.
My girl friend spent most of her time with his mother who was a real sweat hart.
I spent my time with him.
He gave us a tour of the area he lives in and pointed the end of his M14

When I got back home the guy attacked me on the Fire real bad.
And he will probably start up again after he reads this post.

I consider myself as being quite A SUCKER.

WELL, I'm calling BS on this. There are no arsewhole meaney bastids on the Fire.

I asked about that the other day. All the arsewholes denied it or didnt step forward.

Its just a figment of OUR paranoid imagination. smirk wink

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/03/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986

I've had a angry old man blow up on me at a particular AZ gathering. I think one of his drunken quotes was "you can take your cheap beer and get the F*ck out here"

I was drinking Keystones... Guess he didnt like it.

BRO!

That's like the best pre-run beer you can drink!

And he-be-hatin'?

Dave

Wtf was going on at these Arizona get togethers?? Sure in the hell didn't sound very friendly..

Moral: Dont bring Keystone for the high class Fire guys. (I better write that down).

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Funshooter, Im betting you had a good looking chick too, like that arsewhole Travis. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jimy
I'd like to know what it is, that these [bleep] that don't drink, blame being an [bleep] on? laugh

They've never grabbed life by the pussy.

Dave

Or never been "grabbed" by one.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (10gaugemag, 6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, 79S, 7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 6 invisible), 1,550 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,554
Posts18,510,420
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.