Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
We had a firearm transaction and it's nearly complete. No trouble, but I haven't heard from him in several days through PM or email; perhaps he's on vacation or on a walkabout. I don't have his personal # so I was hoping if there were any of his buddies out there that could reach out to him I would appreciate it.

Regards,
HeatLightnin

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I saw that, thanks.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Strange because Roy is on most of the time, he was talking about moveing tho!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
On the Savage forum all the time. He mentioned he was moving soon so maybe in transition. Straight up guy, done lots of transactions without a hitch. Tom.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
be patient as Roy is as good as it gets. if he is alive he will get back to you.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Who's Fireball1?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Actually Roy was over at my place a few days ago, and we were loading up some rounds for his 243 he wanted to try out on some coyotes... right now is a good time to be out calling them considering all the unusual snow falls we have had...

I also know him and the wife are in the process up putting the place up for sale....

I'm sure he'll be back from "out in the field" in a few days... he invited me to come with, but currently isn't a good time for me...

I do have his phone number, but since he hasn't authorized me to share it with anyone, out of respect I am going to have to decline...

that's about all the update I can give you as I know it...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Thanks fellas. I'm glad someone is out in the field! Figured he was just Awol for a bit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, Roy is just fine.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

H
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Yeah he's been very helpful. I wasn't questioning his character, just his internet connection!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
Actually Roy was over at my place a few days ago, and we were loading up some rounds for his 243 he wanted to try out on some coyotes... right now is a good time to be out calling them considering all the unusual snow falls we have had...

I also know him and the wife are in the process up putting the place up for sale....

I'm sure he'll be back from "out in the field" in a few days... he invited me to come with, but currently isn't a good time for me...

I do have his phone number, but since he hasn't authorized me to share it with anyone, out of respect I am going to have to decline...

that's about all the update I can give you as I know it...

You could call/text him ya know.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't text Scott....

but I also know he's out of cell service....

sadly we have a lot of that around here... lot of nothingness but woods and trees...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't text Scott....

but I also know he's out of cell service....

sadly we have a lot of that around here... lot of nothingness but woods and trees...

Don't say that like it's a bad thing! grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
yep, thats not a sad thing, thats a good thing IMHO

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Unless you break down out in that nothingness and need some assistance.... and there isn't a soul for miles....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All's well, been out in the -10 temps coyote and rabbit hunting. Made contact with the OP.

LOL
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Unless you break down out in that nothingness and need some assistance.... and there isn't a soul for miles....

And then you walk out...or use a sat phone or epirb etc...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
All's well, been out in the -10 temps coyote and rabbit hunting. Made contact with the OP.

PICS!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No digging the phone out from under 4 layers then standing around taking photos in those temps, sorry! grin

It was snowing hard on my way to meet up with my buddies and I saw 5 coyotes out hunting rabbits and mice, but really struggling to get around in 18" of powder. Two days later we had between 12-30" of snow and the coyotes were holed up tight. Temps hovered around zero with a good breeze. We were able to find pockets of rabbits that were heavily concentrated, and hundreds of square miles with neither rabbits nor coyotes moving. Coyotes were very inactive and snow made walking any distance impossible to enjoy, so we hunted the rabbits a good bit and called for dogs a few times, but decided to go back when conditions make traveling cross country possible. Very unusual to get that much snow in the desert, and freezing rain was in the forecast so we all boogied home.

LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1911a1, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 62 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,723
Posts18,514,249
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.