Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
After at least 5 yrs applying for it I finally drew what is arguably one of the best Osceola permits in the state and as of last week have a bit of a priority change. I already have a few high scoring Osceolas and need to try to spend my free time working on a new property I just bought out of state rather than chasing birds this year. I have roughly 1k into drawing this tag, if it helps someone finish off they're slam I would sell or trade it for something. Here's the skinny-

It's a special opportunity tag (transferable, very limited). March 18-24, good for one bird, one guest may accompany but not harvest. Camping is available on site. It's in St. Cloud, fl not far from Orlando. It's on 16k acres, 10 total tags are given for each of 3 hunts annually. This is the first hunt of the year. The area is called triple n ranch, info, brochure, map, harvest reports, etc are available on myfwc.com. Out of 30 permits annually I believe the harvest count for the last three years was 24, 22, and 27 if I remember right.
If anyone is interested feel free to pm me for any information or questions, I'll gladly talk to you on the phone about it. If I can't get my investment value out of it I'll hunt it but figured it may be a good opportunity for someone and in turn help me keep my priorities in order..

*my pm notifications go to my junk mail so bear with me if I'm slow to respond.

GB1

M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
bump

M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Ttt. I have someone local interested but would rather get it to someone out of state that needs one for they're slam. I have approx 1k invested, would consider trades of equal value. It's a lot for a turkey tag but is really hard to get and a great hunt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
PM me---that's the bird I need for my slam.

M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Pm sent bob.

IC B2

M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Ttt

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Mrg

I call BS on this. It's not going thru a email spam filter.

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by Mrg

I'm guessing by "pm notifications" he means the email you get letting you know you have a PM when you're not on the site?

M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by Mrg

Explain this a hole.
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'll rescind my snarky comment. shocked

My apoligies. I guess I don't get sent those types of notification thru e-mail.

M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
[quote=MuskegMan]
I'll rescind my snarky comment. shocked

My apoligies. I guess I don't get sent those types of notification thru e-mail. [/quot

Maybe because they go to your junk mail..

M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Bump

M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
bump. It will be listed locally soon

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I just checked the florida state game regs and you do not by a osceola turkey tag. just a turkey permit. non residents licenses are $151.50 and the turkey permit is $125.00 there is no osceola tag listed. I am 72 and hunted in fla all my life and never heard of a osceola turkey tag. maybe it thru a outfitter? sounds strange to me.

Anyone that doesn't learn something new everyday has their eyes and ears closed with their mouths open.
M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
It is a special opportunity permit. Tag/permit all the same to me. It's hunt number 9057 on fwc site. I'll either hunt it or get rid of it locally before I have another person on this site "call bs" on me or insinuate that I may not be genuine in my offering.

Garyw, considering your willingness to look into this to publicly question my validity, maybe you'll spend the time to look into the special opportunity PERMITS, the application process, limited availability of the PERMITS, and report back your findings to publicly clear the air. You'll also notice that no permits, quotas, etc may be sold or transferred with the exception of special opportunity hunts.

I do a lot of selling/trading on forums, this is the only one where people seem to go out of there way to discredit an honest situation. Just some food for thought.

Last edited by Mrg; 01/09/17.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Nice tag. BTT.

Jim

"The skillful woodsman who knows his game, and who gets close, can keep himself in venison or moose meat with a rifle most of us would consider entirely inadequate." - Jack O'Connor
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mrg, I didn't mean to question your validity. I did check again and went deeper and did find what you said is correct. It's a seven day hunt for 10 hunters on 16,295 acres at a cost of $175.00. My apoloigies. garyw

Last edited by garyw; 01/09/17. Reason: spelling

Anyone that doesn't learn something new everyday has their eyes and ears closed with their mouths open.
M
Mrg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Fair enough. The expensive part of getting the tag is the application process. I have about 5-6 yrs applying for it at $5 per app (I put in 20-40 apps per yr for it). I probably have over 1k in it honestly. I've wanted this hunt bad for years but bought some land out of state and should really spend some time there instead of calling birds at home. I know some people here that want it but would rather get it to someone out of state that wants a good shot at an Osceola. In the opinion of a lot of hunters I know here this is the best public land turkey permit in the state but I recommend doing some reading and deciding for yourself. The harvest reports are fantastic every year and the property is really well maintained. I'll be happy to answer any questions I can to anyone interested, if it's not in demand I'll get rid of it locally or happily kill the bird myself and head up north some other time. I thought it may be a nice opportunity for someone, the outfitters and landowners charge a damn fortune to kill a bird here.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You would be hard pressed to find an outfitter to do an Osceola hunt for under $2000...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

355 members (17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 1936M71, 37 invisible), 2,236 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,151
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.