Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have 2 properties that have HOA covenants. If I break a covenant I pay the penalty and they go away.

They actually stopped bothering me when I threatened to run for President of the HOA Board!! I never ever hear from them now.

Im my case the benefits outweigh the restrictions. And I have land if I want to escape.

Pay it and get on with your life!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

It sounds to me like the deck is already stacked heavily against you coming out on top from the get-go.

Proceed as you feel you must but if you do decide to challenge the HOA best prepare in advance per BountyHunter's recommendations.

I suspect too, regardless the outcome, it's doubtful it will really be settled and over with as long as you live there.

Pay-back grudges can work both ways.

V
Vek Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
There is no profanity involved (yet). Office lady simply didn't like someone calling their actions into question.

They fluster easily. When we moved back south from AK and I went in to get a boat launch sticker for the boat and trailer, they wouldn't give me one for 2013, because I didn't yet have the boat registered for that full year. This was in April 2013, and the boat was registered (in AK) through June of 2013. I stated that I could not yet purchase registration for the remainder of the year, as the state of WA was not yet selling same. I kept a very even keel, asking questions and gently trying to get their light to click on, approaching the conundrum from different angles and lines of inquiry, and left without a launch sticker. We launched later that day while the security rover was at the afternoon school bus stop... A couple weeks later, they announced a policy change that their launch stickers were available if your boat was "currently registered".

I'm used to this sort of diplomatic discussion with confused folks because my job performance depends on keeping people productive and avoiding butthurt (industrial engineering and construction). My wife is not similarly afflicted by diplomacy, but she doesn't cuss folks out or get personal.

Originally Posted by 12344mag
Pay the fine and change your plans a year or two early on moving.

If your wife told the lady to F.O. and it's against the rules that you agreed to upon moving into the neighborhood then she's at fault plain and simple.

pay and move. FWIW, I don't think your wife was wrong in telling the other to F.O. but it violated rules you two agreed to.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd double down and call the office lady a c*nt.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My guess is, half the fuggers here saying you're an idiot for living in an HOA, are the exact reason you choose to live in an HOA.

Yard full of broke down cars, moss covered RV's and broken lawnmowers, old couches and toilets, a boat that last ran in 1986 (no trailer, sitting on the ground), beer cans scattered all over hell in their weed patch (broken lawnmowers, or at least that's their excuse), a blue tarp for a roof, 15 cats, and fugg'n tweekers in an out all hours of the day.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
My guess is, half the fuggers here saying you're an idiot for living in an HOA, are the exact reason you choose to live in an HOA.

Yard full of broke down cars, moss covered RV's and broken lawnmowers, old couches and toilets, a boat that last ran in 1986 (no trailer, sitting on the ground), beer cans scattered all over hell in their weed patch (broken lawnmowers, or at least that's their excuse), a blue tarp for a roof, 15 cats, and fugg'n tweekers in an out all hours of the day.

I was unaware you had visited my place.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I feel for people like you that can't afford the stuff that makes life grand!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't have beer cans in my yard.

They can be recycled.

For more beer.........

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jimy
I feel for people like you that can't afford the stuff that makes life grand!

Zing, you stung me with that one.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I don't have beer cans in my yard.

They can be recycled.

For more beer.........

The only beer cans in my yard are little pieces of them around the 100 yard target from shooting skunky beer in cans with AR15s.... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Not everyone lives in Tennessee, ya know?

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Plenty of that [bleep] right here in Orygun.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Move

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You could always go this route. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Plenty of that [bleep] right here in Orygun.

He's the genius that cries about his neighbors making his current home unbearable.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Cock

Teaches

Lessons

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Vek, I'd suggest you go talk to the Board. Check your rules and present your case. If they have any concern about a member of the community and the potential hard feelings brought on by these actions against a homeowner they'll probably listen. Just tell them you didn't receive the bill and a call would have been nice if they didn't receive payment for whatever.

Sounds like someone is a bit of a snowflake in this and complained. Maybe they have a wrong mailing address down or whatever.

Retired cat herder.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Rather than ask here, discuss this with an attorney that is conversant with HOA issues in your state.

+1. Best advice so far. If you're willing to take the attorney's advise, which would probably include the matter of settlement language which would protect your rights under the HOA charge, bylaws and WA State law, seeking league counsel would seem the most prudent course of action.

As to whether one chooses to live within HOA territory or not is largely based on location and circumstances. Not always easily avoidable without a lot of compromises in some urban and suburban parts of the country, unfortunately.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bbassi
MY general sentiment is you gotta be an idiot to

A - live where there's anyone who can tell you what you can and can't do on your property, and

B - come on here looking for sympathy.

YMMV

My thoughts exactly....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
tell your homeowners association to pound sand. then burn the ticket in front of them

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 56 invisible), 11,401 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,247
Posts18,544,375
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.