Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Without seeing the exact wording of the questions it's just not possible to tell if a given poll is accurate. It's way to easy to get the results you want just by changing the wording of the question.

I did get contacted for a poll once. At the end they said something about seeing if it meet their "requirements". If it did they would call back. Still haven't gotten the call.

GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I know that there is a core here that's thrilled with what's coming. I am not. I'm not a big poll believer but I do believe many Americans do think Trump is a horse's a**. Count me among them. This will be my last opportunity to say that for four years because I was raised during the time that you didn't denigrate the President because of the office he held. Respect the office and hope for the best possible from the man who occupied it. Tomorrow Trump will be our President and I will observe that.

I did not vote for Trump and could not vote for Clinton. I had to vote for Jill Stein because the two main party choices were so undesirable. As an outdoorsman the health of our environment is important to me. If we really did want change we missed our opportunity. Now we'll get to see what the 1%ers will do for the working American. I think we're about to get a lesson in "Be careful of what you wish for because it might come true."

We'll probably never know if the majority of Americans were for Trump or not, we do know with certainty that the majority of voters weren't. He did win what counts, some states by a very narrow margin, and that's what counts so he will be president. Trump is not a stupid man and the DNC deserved the loss they got. They have no one to blame but themselves.

I hope I'm proven wrong but I think it's likely that we're going to end up with an administration that over the next four years makes President Obama look reasonably good. Since President Obama took office unemployment is down nearly by half (his predecessor manipulated the numbers as well), the stock market is at a near all time high even without the bump since the election, and we've experienced the longest period of economic growth since the late 1930s or 40s even if it wasn't felt by all Americans. I don't like the near doubling of the national debt or his foreign policy failures.

Now we'll get to see what the incoming Republicans will do, they own it all and will have to own it all. One of the best things is that we as Americans are resilient. We've survived poor presidents before (President "W." Bush or President Obama, take your pick). We'll survive this one or I'll be proven wrong which I hope to be. We'll see.

Before the haters get started: I'm not stupid (college degree), I'm not gay (married to a great woman for many years and not closeted), and I'm not unpatriotic (honorably retired after a military career and held public office, two terms, as a Republican before becoming Independent).

If any of you have a long enough memory, I don't, I honestly hope to have to "eat crow" on this in four years.

Best to you all and to America.

Frank

Last edited by fshaw; 01/18/17.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You lost me when you said you voted for Jill Stein. That's all I needed to know about you. Thanks for the head's up.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
You're welcome. Not many other choices.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fshaw
I know that there is a core here that's thrilled with what's coming. I am not. I'm not a big poll believer but I do believe many Americans do think Trump is a horse's a**. Count me among them. This will be my last opportunity to say that for four years because I was raised during the time that you didn't denigrate the President because of the office he held. Respect the office and hope for the best possible from the man who occupied it. Tomorrow Trump will be our President and I will observe that.

I did not vote for Trump and could not vote for Clinton. I had to vote for Jill Stein because the two main party choices were so undesirable. As an outdoorsman the health of our environment is important to me. If we really did want change we missed our opportunity. Now we'll get to see what the 1%ers will do for the working American. I think we're about to get a lesson in "Be careful of what you wish for because it might come true."

We'll probably never know if the majority of Americans were for Trump or not, we do know with certainty that the majority of voters weren't. He did win what counts, some states by a very narrow margin, and that's what counts so he will be president. Trump is not a stupid man and the DNC deserved the loss they got. They have no one to blame but themselves.

I hope I'm proven wrong but I think it's likely that we're going to end up with an administration that over the next four years makes President Obama look reasonably good. Since President Obama took office unemployment is down nearly by half (his predecessor manipulated the numbers as well), the stock market is at a near all time high even without the bump since the election, and we've experienced the longest period of economic growth since the late 1930s or 40s even if it wasn't felt by all Americans. I don't like the near doubling of the national debt or his foreign policy failures.

Now we'll get to see what the incoming Republicans will do, they own it all and will have to own it all. One of the best things is that we as Americans are resilient. We've survived poor presidents before (President "W." Bush or President Obama, take your pick). We'll survive this one or I'll be proven wrong which I hope to be. We'll see.

Before the haters get started: I'm not stupid (college degree), I'm not gay (married to a great woman for many years and not closeted), and I'm not unpatriotic (honorably retired after a military career and held public office, two terms, as a Republican before becoming Independent).

If any of you have a long enough memory, I don't, I honestly hope to have to "eat crow" on this in four years.

Frank

Good God...

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Anaconda
Remember, these are the same polls that said Hillary was going to win in a landslide.
Yup, and we know how accurate they were. whistle

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think the unemployment rate is at least double what Obongo says it is.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
And probably double what "W" said it was. Makes the math the same.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
And probably double what "W" said it was. Makes the math the same.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You're an idiot

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Rather disturbing to think that Jill Stein was an option!?!?

But in a day and a wakeup I'll be singing.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb_g4jkPqUw&feature=youtu.be

does that make me a racist!!!!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by 4ager

Frank

Good God...

Didn't mean to offend you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

Frank

Good God...

Didn't mean to offend you.

You didn't. You just proved whether or not you should be taken seriously. An "outdoorsman" that voted for Stein warrants no real consideration.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Muffin, It doesn't make you a racist.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Crossfireopps, You're right I'm an idiot. You win.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
4ager, I'd counter that an outdoorsman who supports a candidate that thinks the unchecked release of CO2 from burning fossil fuels is justified by economic gain alone is turning their back on the legacy we owe the future generations of outdoorsmen and women.

If you haven't read about ocean acidification as a result of atmospheric CO2 it's worth looking at. Though it seems like anything in "the mainstream media" is automatically discounted here, it was released today that 2016 was the hottest year on record for the third consecutive year. There is plenty of information available from a variety of sources other than "main stream media." If you already believe it's a hoax then I'm not going to change your mind though.

Clinton and Trump were non starters for me as was not voting. Who would you have voted for?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by las
Just doesn't seem reasonable -58% approval rating going out of office?

Well yeah - maybe that's how many people approve of giving the guy a kick in the rump on the way out the door. Otherwise HRC would be coming in.

But it ain't the way the MSM is spinning it.

40% approval of Trump coming in? That ain't what the voting showed.

Lying bastid pollsters and MSM.

As the Donald said- "the polls are rigged" - to fit whatever the agenda is.

Pay no attention to what the man behind the curtain says.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The old saying is that there are three kinds of lies, But I've come to the conclusion there are four: "Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics and now Polls."

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
4ager, I'd counter that an outdoorsman who supports a candidate that thinks the unchecked release of CO2 from burning fossil fuels is justified by economic gain alone is turning their back on the legacy we owe the future generations of outdoorsmen and women.

If you haven't read about ocean acidification as a result of atmospheric CO2 it's worth looking at. Though it seems like anything in "the mainstream media" is automatically discounted here, it was released today that 2016 was the hottest year on record for the third consecutive year. There is plenty of information available from a variety of sources other than "main stream media." If you already believe it's a hoax then I'm not going to change your mind though.

Clinton and Trump were non starters for me as was not voting. Who would you have voted for?

You have GOT to be schidtting us all. You consume all that swill they serve as "information" without wondering why we are always in the midst of some crisis that requires us to give up our personal and economic freedom? And you never wonder at the fact that IPCC was caught red-handed manipulating data---why would they do that if the data supported the conclusion? If you cannot think beyond what the MSM tells you, then you truly ARE an idiot.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
They dug up this approval rating from Moocheles bhutt!
Lyin' bastid can't be gone soon enough for me!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,457
Posts18,471,135
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.