Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Snyper
Here you have to have a financial interest in the crops to use a depredation permit, and you can't do anything with the animals at all after they are shot.

Seriously? They are wasted? That's the dumbest thing I've heard since obamas last speech.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Best opportunity to shoot a number of animals over a short period of time would be Alabama. You would need to be a member of a large lease that manages according to QDM rules. Many leases have large numbers of doe permits available late in the season because their members will only shoot bucks. Some areas allow hunters to shoot two does per day some only one per day. The meat is donated.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jeffbird
Watch the outfitters section in the Texas Hunting Forum.

. . . But, some will sell doe hunts for $100 - $200/head, no food, lodging or help cleaning them.

must be way far from here in n central Texas. it used to be
free back 20 years ago. i checked on a hf cull hunt last
week (they called it a "meat" deer hunt) and they were
asking $900.00 with a bunk. i don't see a day hunt being
much less than that.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Snyper
Here you have to have a financial interest in the crops to use a depredation permit, and you can't do anything with the animals at all after they are shot.

Seriously? They are wasted? That's the dumbest thing I've heard since obamas last speech.

That used to be pretty common, it was that they didn't want you shooting just for the meat, rather than actual depredation... yeah, its dumb. Dumb as outlawing silencers and so on, actually dumber than that...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Lot of hogs by Austin, he'll they come out of the woods behind my house. Pigs all over Texas.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Lot of hogs by Austin, he'll they come out of the woods behind my house. Pigs all over Texas.

Lots of hogs all over Texas, you hear people complain about them non-stop but no one is letting you go kill em on the cheap. I've had guys tell me of good deals to hunt em, like $350 a day. $700 for a weekend to try and exterminate a ranchers vermin ain't exactly a good deal.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The Carolinas would be worth a look: http://choanokeoutfitters.com/nc-hunting-season/

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
People aren't going to do anything for free, because it ain't free to do anything. Time and bait to get set up to hunt is worth a lot. I have heard people say that cheap people don't need to go hunting. Anyone else ever heard that. I used to take guys hunting, most of the cheap MF's never offered to help pay gas, food, beer, much less a little corn. Cull hunting sounds like someone wants to go for free. What do you all think??

Last edited by hanco; 02/10/17.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I draw a distinction between cull hunting and control hunting. Cull hunting is taking animals out of an established population to improve herd quality. Control hunting is reducing a population of animals to protect a crop or other resource that doesn't include the animals themselves.

For hunts where you can shoot as much as you want, I'd look at control hunts for hogs on public land in northern California. It'll take research and time on the ground, but there are a lot of resources to help you if you're willing to do the legwork, and a lot of hogs that need to be shot.

Okie John

Last edited by okie john; 02/10/17.

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

360 members (17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 1936M71, 36 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,744
Posts18,495,146
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.