Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Here's a little bit of Sunday morning pot stirring for the Campfire.

[url=http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/756870/proof-of-god-kurt-godel][/url]

Scientists use mathematical calculations to PROVE the existence of God
SCIENTISTS have ‘confirmed’ the existence of God after proving a mathematician’s theory which suggests that there is a higher power.
By Sean Martin
PUBLISHED: 03:00, Sun, Jan 22, 2017 | UPDATED: 09:03, Sun, Jan 22, 2017

Two computer scientists say they proved that there is a holy supreme force after confirming the equations.

In 1978, mathematician Kurt Gödel died and left behind a long and complex theory based on modal logic.

Dr Gödel’s model uses mathematical equations that are extremely complicated, but the essence is that no greater power than God can be conceived, and if he or she is believed as a concept then he or she can exist in reality.

Scientists claim to have proof of God

Mathmatician Kurt Gödel established the equation

Renowned physicist finds PROOF of God

Or as Dr Gödel put it through his equations: “Ax. 1. {P(φ)∧◻∀x[φ(x)→ψ(x)]} →P(ψ)Ax. 2.P(¬φ)↔¬P(φ)Th. 1.P(φ)→◊∃x[φ(x)]Df. 1.G(x)⟺∀φ[P(φ)→φ(x)]Ax. 3.P(G)Th. 2.◊∃xG(x)Df. 2.φ ess x⟺φ(x)∧∀ψ{ψ(x)→◻∀y[φ(y)→ψ(y)]}Ax. 4.P(φ)→◻P(φ)Th. 3.G(x)→G ess xDf. 3.E(x)⟺∀φ[φ ess x→◻∃yφ(y)]Ax. 5.P(E)Th. 4.◻∃xG(x)”.

You get it, right?

But two computer scientists have used computers to run such complicated which they say confirms that the equation does indeed add up.

The point of the researchers’ argument was that they were not directly trying to prove the existence of God, but rather to showcase the power of computers.

Christoph Benzmüller of Berlin's Free University, who ran the calculations along with Bruno Woltzenlogel Paleo of the Technical University in Vienna, told Spiegel Online: "It's totally amazing that from this argument led by Gödel, all this stuff can be proven automatically in a few seconds or even less on a standard notebook.

“I didn’t know it would create such a huge public interest but [Gödel’s ontological proof] was definitely a better example than something inaccessible in mathematics or artificial intelligence…

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My proof was Nov,9, 2016 and again on Jan 20, 2017. I held by breath that morning until it was over, thinking something was going to go wrong!!!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You don't need calculation to prove God. Just go outside and look around.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shaman

[url=http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/756870/proof-of-god-kurt-godel][/url]

SCIENTISTS have ‘confirmed’ the existence of God after proving a mathematician’s theory which suggests that there is a higher power.
By Sean Martin

Two computer scientists say they proved that there is a holy supreme force after confirming the equations.

In 1978, mathematician Kurt Gödel died and left behind a long and complex theory based on modal logic.

Dr Gödel’s model uses mathematical equations that are extremely complicated, but the essence is that no greater power than God can be conceived, and if he or she is believed as a concept then he or she can exist in reality.

Or as Dr Gödel put it through his equations: “Ax. 1. {P(φ)∧◻∀x[φ(x)→ψ(x)]} →P(ψ)Ax. 2.P(¬φ)↔¬P(φ)Th. 1.P(φ)→◊∃x[φ(x)]Df. 1.G(x)⟺∀φ[P(φ)→φ(x)]Ax. 3.P(G)Th. 2.◊∃xG(x)Df. 2.φ ess x⟺φ(x)∧∀ψ{ψ(x)→◻∀y[φ(y)→ψ(y)]}Ax. 4.P(φ)→◻P(φ)Th. 3.G(x)→G ess xDf. 3.E(x)⟺∀φ[φ ess x→◻∃yφ(y)]Ax. 5.P(E)Th. 4.◻∃xG(x)”.

You get it, right?

But two computer scientists have used computers to run such complicated which they say confirms that the equation does indeed add up.

The point of the researchers’ argument was that they were not directly trying to prove the existence of God, but rather to showcase the power of computers.

Christoph Benzmüller of Berlin's Free University, who ran the calculations along with Bruno Woltzenlogel Paleo of the Technical University in Vienna, told Spiegel Online: "It's totally amazing that from this argument led by Gödel, all this stuff can be proven automatically in a few seconds or even less on a standard notebook.

“I didn’t know it would create such a huge public interest but [Gödel’s ontological proof] was definitely a better example than something inaccessible in mathematics or artificial intelligence…

I don't know about proving the existence of God, but it's a pretty good explanation of why mathematicians never get laid.

Last edited by Fireball2; 01/22/17.

LOL
R
RKO Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

+1

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A person's consciousness proves it.

Configure a stack of meat any way you want. It won't become self aware by itself.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So now that you know Allah is real, are you all happy?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper

Trolling again?

What God calls Himself isn't the problem; it's how those that claim to follow Him act. Mind your business, and all will be well.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RKO

+1

+2

God makes it simple and easy. Man does his best to screw it up.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Configure a stack of meat any way you want. It won't become self aware by itself.

Thats it in a nutshell.

The "breath of life".

What is it? and how does it animate a collection of tissue and organs snd limbs into consciousness.

If you crack open a body, you cannot locate it.

Last edited by WillARights; 01/22/17.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by RKO

+1

+2

God makes it simple and easy. Man does his best to screw it up.

+3 ...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My proof is that Hillary lost.

Can I get an Amen?

Last edited by OutlawPatriot; 01/22/17.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

Can I get an Amen?

i can live with that as proof enough.

without getting too deeply into Plato and his "Grand Pattern" of design, surely the fact that a human mind can conceive of mathematical symbols, and physics, and then convert that thought into the English language does mean something "Mystical, supernatural, or metaphysical" is going on.

or, as Trump said, The Almighty Creator must be addressed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gus

Can I get an Amen?

without getting too deeply into Plato and his "Grand Pattern" of design, surely the fact that a human mind can conceive of mathematical symbols, and physics, and then convert that thought into the English language does mean something "Mystical, supernatural, or metaphysical" is going on.

Cogito ergo sum.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Gus

Can I get an Amen?

Cogito ergo sum.

Right over the head of most.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

Can I get an Amen?

Cogito ergo sum.

shoot low boys, they're riding shetland ponies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I've always known Allah is real. That's just one name, the others are Lucifer, Satan, The Evil One.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus

Can I get an Amen?

Cogito ergo sum.

Ipso facto Rene.

MOLON LABE
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Originally Posted by Armednfree

I've always known Allah is real. That's just one name, the others are Lucifer, Satan, The Evil One.

What name shall a Christian invoke as he prays, if the only language he knows is Arabic?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well...I just did that, and all I saw was a skiff of snow and a cottontail grazing in my yard.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari

Well...I just did that, and all I saw was a skiff of snow and a cottontail grazing in my yard.

You're not that myopic.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Jesus is Lord!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2

By Sean Martin

You get it, right?

I don't know about proving the existence of God, but it's a pretty good explanation of why mathematicians AND SHEHAWKS DIENASTY NUTJOBS never get laid.
wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Im happy knowing there is a place without asswholes, muzzies or their ass lickers.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by luv2safari

How can you miss seeing what you saw?
Water: earth is the only known planet with liquid water and a constant temperature for life to exist. It's exactly the right distance from the sun and with the perfect atmosphere for liquid water and where life can be found.

Rabbit: billions of individual cells working in perfect coordination to be an living animal. Trillions of atoms forming DNA molecules that can control everything in the animal plus reproduce itself time after time (rabbits are very good at that). Millions of those cells are in the form of muscles that can be used by other organisms (us and coyotes) for food.

All this didn't happen by chance.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

If there was a god the sun would have come out when Trump put his hand on the Bible.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

What name shall a Christian invoke as he prays, if the only language he knows is Arabic?

Good point, yet we only know the islamic god by what they call him in their language. Since that word has transcended language barriers it is easy to reference who exactly you are talking about.

And Allah does not mean God, but almost, it means The god. Just god would be ilah. But Arabic Christians do use the word Allah.

Of course we do not know the name of God and I think we err if we think he needs one. We have always called God by his attributes. The Hebrew did the same.

Name invocations really mean nothing, as if you are casting a spell or praying to an angel or a demon (which you are not to do). The fact is there is a clear difference in the islamic god and the Christian one. They are in many way opposite.Nowhere in the Bible does it say to convert by the sword.

Last edited by Armednfree; 01/22/17.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I believe therefore He is real! Simple that.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I Am.

LOL
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Somewhat along the same lines I just finished an excellent movie. It is the bioptic called The Man Who Knew Infinity.

Worth the watch if you have time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course we do not know the name of God and I think we err if we think he needs one. We have always called God by his attributes. The Hebrew did the same.

Exodus 3:13-14

"Then Moses said to God, 'Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, "The God of your fathers has sent me to you." Now they may say to me, "What is His name?" What shall I say to them?' God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM'; and He said, 'Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, "I AM has sent me to you."'"

John 8:56-59
"'Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.' So the Jews said to Him, 'You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?' Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM.' Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

His name is Andy.

Andy walked with me.... Andy talked with me...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gus

Can I get an Amen?

Cogito ergo sum.

Ipso facto Rene.

smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If science could prove a God, there would't be a God.

Faith proves it.

Black Cows Matter!
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Longbob

His name is Andy.

Classic

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It seems like some people want God to 'first' prove Himself to them...so they can 'then' trust Him. God likely wants people to trust Him 'first'...so He can 'then' prove Himself to them.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Good point, yet we only know the islamic god by what they call him in their language. Since that word has transcended language barriers it is easy to reference who exactly you are talking about.

And Allah does not mean God, but almost, it means The god. Just god would be ilah. But Arabic Christians do use the word Allah.

Name invocations really mean nothing, as if you are casting a spell or praying to an angel or a demon (which you are not to do). The fact is there is a clear difference in the islamic god and the Christian one. They are in many way opposite.Nowhere in the Bible does it say to convert by the sword.

It says they "proved 'god' exists"
They didn't say it was the god christians want it to be.
That's just an assumption based on prejudice.

Your buddy there claims Allah means the devil.
You say it means god

I think it's all just wishful thinking to assume your way is the only way.

Those scientists really haven't proven anything at all.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Breath and spirit are the same word in Hebrew.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There is a kind Catch-22 involved in that only believers have it confirmed for them -- Romans 8:16: The spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Funny thing about computer programs.

Garbage in, garbage out.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by muleshoe
If science could prove a God, there would't be a God.

Faith proves it.

Upon what do you base this rather bold statement?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Garbage in, garbage out.

It seems like you need to get a new computer, then. It sure appears to have a lot of garbage based on what you share as knowledge.

Can you mathematically refute the equation?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman

Garbage in, garbage out.

It seems like you need to get a new computer, then. It sure appears to have a lot of garbage based on what you share as knowledge.

I don't need to.

Let's take the hypothesis, and replace the word god with pixies.

"Dr Gödel’s model uses mathematical equations that are extremely complicated,the essence is that no greater power than pixies can be conceived, and if pixies are believed as a concept then pixies can exist in reality."

As notice the proposition is they can exist. Not that they do exist.

I can conceive of a leprechaun, but claiming that because 2+2=4, they are real is absurd.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What God calls Himself isn't the problem;

God called himself?....the term God Its just a label that humans of antiquity put on the concept,
and people have been indoctrinated with and parroted ever since.

earth is the only known planet with liquid water and a constant temperature for life to exist..

correct only 'known' planet...but the universe being so extensive humans at this point are still rather
clueless about what may be out there. I prefer having an open mind to rational discovery rather than
just attributing every current mystery to 'God'.

Rabbits born and dying in the same warren complex , may not know of the existence and abundance of other warrens.

In the ancient world the only 'known' things capable of flight were bugs and birds, but just over 100 yrs ago
innovative man learned how to fly, something once thought not possible.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Garbage in, garbage out.

I don't need to.

"Dr Gödel’s model uses mathematical equations that are extremely complicated,the essence is that no greater power than pixies can be conceived, and if pixies are believed as a concept then pixies can exist in reality."

I can conceive of a leprechaun, but claiming that because 2+2=4, they are real is absurd.

This ought to keep Rich busy for awhile.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
What are you worried about?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T LEE
I believe therefore He is real! Simple that.

For sure. I have proved that to myself many times. But trying to prove it to a non believer is usually futile so I keep it to myself unless somebody asks.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Garbage in, garbage out.

I don't need to.

You can use any word you want to describe the Infinite that these equations show to be God. you just can't handle any Truth.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Garbage in, garbage out.

I don't need to.

You can use any word you want to describe the Infinite that these equations show to be God. you just can't handle any Truth.

The equations don't prove anything, just like there's no other proof of any "god'.

It's the religious crowd that can't accept that truth, so they mumble about "faith" and quote fairy tales from an old book and say "See, we told you it was real. Just look around."

I look around and see all these people claiming to be pious one minute and acting like heathens the next, which shows me it's all BS.

The real Christians act the part all the time.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Jesus is Lord!

Yes He is! And what man believes or doesn't believe cannot and will not change that fact. And one day, everyone will bow before Him and confess that He is Lord. If only we could speak to those in hell...for there are no atheists in hell.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

There is no doubt in my mind as to God's existence. But too many Christians are too easily distracted from their purpose and this thread is a perfect example. Read the OP carefully, the whole point is in the quote above.

No one used a computer to prove God is real. But a bunch of Christians got all upset over some fake news and tried to come to Gods defense. God is in charge and doesn't need our help. Our job is to simply do our job as Christians.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
shaman Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
JMR40:

You bring up an interesting point. However, this is one of those rare times when Science and Mathematics are actually on the side of Faith.

Y'all read about all this hooey where science writers are trying to make the belief in God seem like a silly superstition. The truth is Science can neither prove or disprove the existence of God. True Science is a tool to understanding the same way diesel mechanics is a tool to understanding how trucks run. You can't really use either to prove or disprove God.

On the other hand, look at some of the great minds of Science during the Enlightenment. Most were convinced Science would bring them to a better understanding of God. Here is an instance where that belief paid off.

For those of you who are saying something to the effect of "I have Faith, that's all I need." This is, in essence, a mathematic equivalent.

From the Wikipedia entry on Godel's Proof:

The argument is in a line of development that goes back to Anselm of Canterbury (1033–1109). St. Anselm's ontological argument, in its most succinct form, is as follows: "God, by definition, is that for which no greater can be conceived. God exists in the understanding. If God exists in the understanding, we could imagine Him to be greater by existing in reality. Therefore, God must exist.

or distilled further: "If you can conceive of GOD then he must exist."

or as I always say, "I'm not so worried about whether I believe in God, but rather whether He believes in me."

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Im happy knowing there is a place without asswholes, muzzies or their ass lickers.

Also a place with no name-callers.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40

There is no doubt in my mind as to God's existence. But too many Christians are too easily distracted from their purpose and this thread is a perfect example. Read the OP carefully, the whole point is in the quote above.

No one used a computer to prove God is real. But a bunch of Christians got all upset over some fake news and tried to come to Gods defense. God is in charge and doesn't need our help. Our job is to simply do our job as Christians.

The reason there are so many easily confused Christians is because they don’t realize scientific facts and history support God’s Word. We are enjoined by God’s Word to “sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;"
1 Peter 3:15

Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Sponxx
[Linked Image]

This..
God does not need proving.. He is everywhere and in everything!

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
biggest scam in the history of the human race,possibly. religion was put there just to make you wonder.what if?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jdm953
Breath and spirit are the same word in Hebrew.

ah yes, there is that. to inspire and inspiration...very similar indeed.

and who could think about it at all without oxygen...oh wait, i meant aire.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

Can I get an Amen?

Cogito ergo sum.

shoot low boys, they're riding shetland ponies.

^^^^ Best reply on this whole thread. Spot on. Thanks, Gus!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The latest Campfire survey of logical fallacy...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

'Isa

That's the name of Jesus in Arabic.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The latest Campfire survey of logical fallacy...

[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As long as the chili has beans....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
There's nothing about knowing Satan is real to make one happy, unless one is you.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by srwshooter
biggest scam in the history of the human race,possibly. religion was put there just to make you wonder.what if?
Good thing the smart one's like you have it all figures out! lol

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Longbob

His name is Andy.

We have two angel ornaments we hang on the tree every Christmas; Hark & Harold. And on Christmas day Hark & Harold angels sing "Glory to the newborn King" smile

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Hahaha!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For those of you who are saying something to the effect of "I have Faith, that's all I need." This is, in essence, a mathematic equivalent.

Yes, they are equal because they are both meaningless BS for the gullible.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
There's nothing about knowing Satan is real to make one happy, unless one is you.

That's the sort of mindless BS "christians" say without thinking. If you believe god is real you have to already believe satan is real.

But none of that has anything to do with the statement you quoted, proving you didn't understand what was said.

You not only want to pretend some math tricks "prove" there's a god, but that it's the god you want it to be.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
But seriously folks, I don't have the faith required to deny the existence of God. And I haven't found Him to be some sort of a magician that makes things appear out of nowhere with no evidence of process. God is the Grand Scientist. He made mathmatics, physical science, quantitative analysis, quantum physics, heat hot, ice cold and on and on and on. For example, my understanding of evolution does not conflict with God the Creator (Elohim). The scientific study of evolution to me is just backtracking God. That isn't to say opinions based on slim evidence are always right. Most likely many of the things scientists today are convinced are true are false or only partially right no matter how firmly it is believed. Belief doesn't change absolute fact. He didn't create earth, or any of His creations for that matter, as static entities. Instead, thru His will and power He gave them all the ability to adapt as necessary in the face of change. Sermon over. Pop quiz later.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by shootem
But seriously folks, I don't have the faith required to deny the existence of God. And I haven't found Him to be some sort of a magician that makes things appear out of nowhere with no evidence of process. God is the Grand Scientist. He made mathmatics, physical science, quantitative analysis, quantum physics, heat hot, ice cold and on and on and on. For example, my understanding of evolution does not conflict with God the Creator (Elohim). The scientific study of evolution to me is just backtracking God. That isn't to say opinions based on slim evidence are always right. Most likely many of the things scientists today are convinced are true are false or only partially right no matter how firmly it is believed. Belief doesn't change absolute fact. He didn't create earth, or any of His creations for that matter, as static entities. Instead, thru His will and power He gave them all the ability to adapt as necessary in the face of change. Sermon over. Pop quiz later.

so, very true. but it works on both sides of the ledger. a lot of stuff promulgated by the theological types have been proven to be less than stellar in accuracy. but, we have changed in our understandings over the years, over the thousands of years since Abraham et.al. science wants to occupy a piece or part of the stage. and well it should. that means something has got to give.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

That's the sort of mindless BS "christians" say without thinking. If you believe god is real you have to already believe satan is real.

But none of that has anything to do with the statement you quoted, proving you didn't understand what was said.

You not only want to pretend some math tricks "prove" there's a god, but that it's the god you want it to be.

The only thing you ever prove is just how ignorant you truly are.
Over and over and over and over.......................

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
Jesus is Lord!

Yes He is! And what man believes or doesn't believe cannot and will not change that fact. And one day, everyone will bow before Him and confess that He is Lord. If only we could speak to those in hell...for there are no atheists in hell.

Amen

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For someone (you) that prattles on and on about minding your own business, you sure get all wound up about what other folks have for their personal religious beliefs.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Ax. 1. {P(φ)∧◻∀x[φ(x)→ψ(x)]} →P(ψ)Ax. 2.P(¬φ)↔¬P(φ)Th. 1.P(φ)→◊∃x[φ(x)]Df. 1.G(x)⟺∀φ[P(φ)→φ(x)]Ax. 3.P(G)Th. 2.◊∃xG(x)Df. 2.φ ess x⟺φ(x)∧∀ψ{ψ(x)→◻∀y[φ(y)→ψ(y)]}Ax. 4.P(φ)→◻P(φ)Th. 3.G(x)→G ess xDf. 3.E(x)⟺∀φ[φ ess x→◻∃yφ(y)]Ax. 5.P(E)Th. 4.◻∃xG(x)”.

You get it, right?

Of course.

But the caveat you intentionally did not point out (first rule of fake news) is that for the proof to be proven is that you have to accept five questionable Axioms as true to begin with.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Gus

so, very true. but it works on both sides of the ledger. a lot of stuff promulgated by the theological types have been proven to be less than stellar in accuracy. but, we have changed in our understandings over the years, over the thousands of years since Abraham et.al. science wants to occupy a piece or part of the stage. and well it should. that means something has got to give.

Absolutely the inverse of that statement is true. But ahhhh, UNDERSTANDING!! Many things we deny to be, are true in fact but we miss the full truth because we misinterpret fact. Things we claim to be true may be false for the same reason. Many things we interpret to be true really are, even though the facts are not fully understood or communicated. They are true but incompletely so as viewed or described. Example I have pondered greatly but do not yet have a full understanding of:

The Jews of Exodus wandering in the desert described God who led them as a 'Cloud of Smoke' by day and a 'Pillar of Fire by night'. No doubt to me they reported fact, but there is much more there they did not have the ability to interpret even as they watched. So they were accurate but 'incomplete' in their description. How would one of us interpret the same 'fact' were we to view it with today's understanding of reality? It'll be amazing to find out.

And now for today's pop quiz. What is the name for God the Creator?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As long as the chili has beans....

Okay, now you're just looking for trouble, on this forum laugh

MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The Jews of Exodus wandering in the desert described God who led them as a 'Cloud of Smoke' by day and a 'Pillar of Fire by night'...
....How would one of us interpret the same 'fact' were we to view it with today's understanding of reality? It'll be amazing to find out.

Well, despite the 21st century, some still don't have rational enquiring minds, they prefer to adhere to ancient vague mystical accounts
from scripture as being the absolute unquestionable truth....they are not much different to those people of today who still believe mirrors
and photographs can steal their soul...and will refuse to consider a rational scientific explanation.

Belief doesn't change absolute fact. .

In the absence of fact (or simply blind to facts that are obvious), humans will tend to create all sorts of misguided convenient beliefs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by carbon12

Ax. 1. {P(φ)∧◻∀x[φ(x)→ψ(x)]} →P(ψ)Ax. 2.P(¬φ)↔¬P(φ)Th. 1.P(φ)→◊∃x[φ(x)]Df. 1.G(x)⟺∀φ[P(φ)→φ(x)]Ax. 3.P(G)Th. 2.◊∃xG(x)Df. 2.φ ess x⟺φ(x)∧∀ψ{ψ(x)→◻∀y[φ(y)→ψ(y)]}Ax. 4.P(φ)→◻P(φ)Th. 3.G(x)→G ess xDf. 3.E(x)⟺∀φ[φ ess x→◻∃yφ(y)]Ax. 5.P(E)Th. 4.◻∃xG(x)”.

You get it, right?

Of course.

But the caveat you intentionally did not point out (first rule of fake news) is that for the proof to be proven is that you have to accept five questionable Axioms as true to begin with.

Now you've got half the fire googling 'Axiom'.

"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum", BTW.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve
"Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum", BTW.

Putting the doubt before de cart...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Putting the doubt before de cart...

Double dang clever.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

The Jews of Exodus wandering in the desert described God who led them as a 'Cloud of Smoke' by day and a 'Pillar of Fire by night'. No doubt to me they reported fact, but there is much more there they did not have the ability to interpret even as they watched. So they were accurate but 'incomplete' in their description. How would one of us interpret the same 'fact' were we to view it with today's understanding of reality? It'll be amazing to find out.

Except the part where main stream Bible Scholars no longer accept The Exodus as a historical event, nor Moses as a historical character....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Originally Posted by Sponxx
[Linked Image]

This..
God does not need proving.. He is everywhere and in everything!

Except Einstein's understanding of a god was akin Spinoza's understanding, not that of a Christian.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Garbage in, garbage out.

I don't need to.

This ought to keep Rich busy for awhile.

You would think, but this time Rich has got nothing:

That's all he's got, and he doesn't do a very good Jack Nicholson.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

The only thing you ever prove is just how ignorant you truly are.
Over and over and over and over.......................

The fact you don't agree doesn't make me ignorant.
You just spout the mindless rhetoric and pretend to be superior like so many others do. You can't disprove anything I say, so you try to insult me personally.

But I really don't care what you think so you're wasting your time.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A.Einstein died in 1955, but in 1954 wrote to Erik Gutkind - in which he dismissed belief in God as superstitious and characterized
the stories in the Bible as childish. One might conclude he was reacting against such primitive superstitions held by many.

"the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable
but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
- A.E.

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly," - A.E.

""If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world
so far as our science can reveal it."
- A.E.

"for me, the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions." - A.E.

"“I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own --
a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body,
although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms".
- A.E.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starman
A.Einstein died in 1955, but in 1954 wrote to Erik Gutkind - in which he dismissed belief in God as superstitious and characterized
the stories in the Bible as childish. One might conclude he was reacting against such primitive superstitions held by many.

"the word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable
- A.E.

"I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly," - A.E.

""If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world
- A.E.

"for me, the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions." - A.E.

He'll have all the time in eternity to ponder his own foolishness.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And how do you know this to be so?...only because you read it somewhere or people verbalised it to you
and then you chose to believe it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

^^^

And your insurance policy says it pays on acts of God.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Except the part where main stream Bible Scholars no longer accept The Exodus as a historical event, nor Moses as a historical character....

Again you find some whackos who call themselves Bible Scholars who also don't believe in the resurrection of Jesus. They are not Bible Scholars. They are using the Bible to make money by selling their tripe to those who want to believe a lie.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm

And you insurance policy says it pays on acts of God.

LOL.....'AOG' in policies does not refer to metaphysics or the spiritual, or faith, or proof of the existence of any God,
or cadavers raising from the dead, or talking donkeys, or virgin Marys.- Its just a convenient commercial business term
thats deemed practically required for describing uncontrollable natural physical disasters(or phenomena) for which no
party can be blamed. Natural disasters can be explained on why they happen with science.

Using an insurance policy is like using a genetically modified banana to 'prove' a God exists.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I can't help but think that A.E would be highly amused by your posthumous malediction for the guy that God revealed Relativity to.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like some powerful machines. Lets get them working on the speed of darkness.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And you insurance policy says it pays on acts of God.

LOL.....'AOG' in policies does not refer to metaphysics or the spiritual, or faith, or proof of the existence of any God,
or cadavers raising from the dead, or talking donkeys, or virgin Marys.- Its just a convenient commercial business term
thats deemed practically required for describing uncontrollable natural physical disasters(or phenomena) for which no
party can be blamed. Natural disasters can be explained on why they happen with science.

Using an insurance policy is like using a genetically modified banana to 'prove' a God exists.

[Linked Image]

Can you see me now?
I am making waves in the chasm of ignorance.
By humbling myself before God, I gain strength.

And I have watched Sir Roger Penrose condemn modern physics as fantasy, faith, and fiction, as we have not got anywhere for 100 years since quantum mechanics and general relativity.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 1minute
Sounds like some powerful machines. Lets get them working on the speed of darkness.

What do you get when photons leave at the speed of light? cool

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Can you see me now?
I am making waves in the chasm of ignorance.
By humbling myself before God, I gain strength.

Insurance companies (the example you used) don't delve into such complex what-ifs and unknowns, its straight forward for them-
if its deemed AOG that washed ones house away, then a person is out in the cold...a 'god' clause inclusion is simply a way of legally
stiffing the client, nothing more, nothing less.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your science cannot predict a coin flip.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Neither can your God.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I flip coins purely for fun if I can't decide between Italian or Mexican food, can't loose cause I like both.
I prefer to reserve science for more involved subjects.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Neither can your God.

With out God there are no laws of physics for a coin to be tossed. This is a concept the evolutionist seem to miss. If the universe is a random process one could not expect a result twice.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Neither can your God.

God only knows.

In a million years science may be able to predict coin flips. Keep working at it. There are a lot of currently out of control variables. A big one is the consciousness of the coin flipper. No good model for that right now. We don't have a clue. Our best scientist Stuart Hameroff, says the best test for consciousness is to ask them if they are awake.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The Jews of Exodus wandering in the desert described God who led them as a 'Cloud of Smoke' by day and a 'Pillar of Fire by night'.......How would one of us interpret the same 'fact' were we to view it with today's understanding of reality? It'll be amazing to find out.

Well, despite the 21st century, some still don't have rational enquiring minds, they prefer to adhere to ancient vague mystical accounts from scripture as being the absolute unquestionable truth....they are not much different to those people of today who still believe mirrors and photographs can steal their soul...and will refuse to consider a rational scientific explanation.

Belief doesn't change absolute fact. .

In the absence of fact (or simply blind to facts that are obvious), humans will tend to create all sorts of misguided convenient beliefs.

I have a rational and enquiring mind, though diminished by usage and misusage, despite 21st Century scientification. Though science has certainly advanced to the point of further explaining certain facts we previously understook only incompletely or not at all, it too often suffers self idolotry evidenced by considering its work in terms of 'always', 'never', 'absolutely', 'impossible', etc. when these terms are 'absolutely' inappropriate. I do not deny this extends to some scientific studies of Biblical origin and history, even truth. However this does not diminish my acceptance of the reality of God. I can wade thru the muck out pretty well.

There is never the absence of fact or, perhaps more accurately, truth. But as stated previously fact (truth) can interpreted correctly, incorrectly, or in an incomplete version of either, possibly both simultaneously. There are so many instances in scripture of real people trying their best to accurately describe what they are seeing, thinking or dreaming when there is simply not enough data on the hard drive to give a fully accurate description of the truth they have observed or experienced. Our actions and beliefs today can be critiqued in the same manner.

Many can and do look at Biblical accounts with the attitude of 'absolute' disbelief. How can a dead man possibly live? How can water gush from a rock? How can a people be fed daily in a desert devoid of food by an invisible entity they call God? Well, perhaps these are truths the lack of data on the hard drive prevents us from accurately interpreting. Who is man to say he is all knowing? Only thru arrogance is this voiced. We can't begin to know what we don't know or how to compensate for our ignorance. I am convinced reality extends into realms the human mind has not yet begun to understand. I see an analogy of walking into a dark room with your dog. Suddenly it is light. Dog MIGHT recognize that change has something to do with you, after all it doesn't get light with just him there. Then try to explain to him the perfect logic of it all; "fire burns the coal, which heats the water to steam, which turns the rotors, yada yada yada, then all I do is flip the switch". If dog could reply he'd probly ask "What's a switch". OK, when it comes to fully understanding the power of God, we're the dog. Nice conversation. Thanks.

Last edited by shootem; 01/23/17.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

- A.E.

- A.E.

Pascals wager?

Really?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Again you find some whackos who call themselves Bible Scholars who also don't believe in the resurrection of Jesus. They are not Bible Scholars. They are using the Bible to make money by selling their tripe to those who want to believe a lie.

Says the Young Earth Creationist.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Neither can your God.

With out God there are no laws of physics for a coin to be tossed. This is a concept the evolutionist seem to miss. If the universe is a random process one could not expect a result twice.

You just keep repeating meaningless BS without any proof.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Can you see me now?
I am... in the chasm of ignorance.
By humbling myself before God, ...

Yea, that pretty much sums up where theology falls on your chart.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

But it can predict a million within a margin of error.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

But it can predict a million within a margin of error.

pre·dict
prəˈdikt/
verb
say or estimate that (a specified thing) will happen in the future or will be a consequence of something.
"it is too early to predict a result"
synonyms: forecast, foretell, foresee, prophesy, anticipate,..

When you get down to probability, your model is failing at that point.
That is why quantum mechanics is an incomplete theory.
It has been for 100 years. We are stuck.
The Schrodinger equation is a probability wave.

Read up on the difference between probabilistic and deterministic models.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There is never the absence of fact or, perhaps more accurately, truth.

Relative to flawed human awareness of course there can be absence of fact, where it be purposely hidden from them
, or the person just ignorantly blind to it. >> I did not say the non-existence of fact, but the abscence of fact.
Something can be absent from somewhere or someone, and still exist cant it?

Many can and do look at Biblical accounts with the attitude of 'absolute' disbelief. How can a dead man possibly live?
How can water gush from a rock? How can a people be fed daily in a desert devoid of food by an invisible entity they call God?
Well, perhaps these are truths the lack of data on the hard drive prevents us from accurately interpreting. Who is man to say he is all knowing? .

Not all questioning/enquiring men claim to be all knowing...some simply question the validity of biblical claims, eg; like talking donkeys.
Many rational christians themselves don't believe such stories but still embrace and live christian values, very early Christians did not
believe that Jesus was divine...and some still don't.
Christians argued between themselves about divinity of Jesus, and it was supposedly settled in the 4th century by being decided by vote ,
which was then rejected and overturned by those who didn't like the result.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Our Founding Fathers had different strong beliefs and faiths yet specifically made a point of not forcing one group's on others.
Why this need to try and destroy or ridicule others faith or beliefs? That's what ISIS does!

Miracles, by definition, can't be explained by natural or scientific law. Hence, arguing they didn't happen based on one's understanding of science is moot.

Likewise, trying to explain them by science, as a spate of TV shows have tried to do, is silly because miracles are again, by definition, not explainable by science.

I'm not arguing whether or not they occurred. One can believe or not as they wish.

If you have faith, you don't need to justify or defend it.
If you don't believe then fine, but you can't prove there is no God with a capital "G" either.
If one feels one has to justify their faith or prove prove that God doesn't exist, they're missing something.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Pie times the radius squared

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Deflagrate

First Peter 3:15:

3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in you hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got no problem with those that don't believe in God

Nor do I have a problem with those that believe God is real

I've had my own struggles with whether there's a creator or not.

When I'm surrounded by humans oftentimes it's very hard for me to believe there's a God, particularly the one described in the Bible kjv

But when I'm in the places that make my heart sing, the deep timber, the lonely windswept ridges, on the beach or in the mountains it's hard for me to deny the existence of a creator

YMMV, and I'm fine with that

Just my own personal experience

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our Founding Fathers had different strong beliefs and faiths yet specifically made a point of not forcing one group's on others.
Why this need to try and destroy or ridicule others faith or beliefs? That's what ISIS does!

Miracles, by definition, can't be explained by natural or scientific law. Hence, arguing they didn't happen based on one's understanding of science is moot.

Likewise, trying to explain them by science, as a spate of TV shows have tried to do, is silly because miracles are again, by definition, not explainable by science.

I'm not arguing whether or not they occurred. One can believe or not as they wish.

If you don't believe then fine, but you can't prove there is no God with a capital "G" either.
If one feels one has to justify their faith or prove prove that God doesn't exist, they're missing something.

Nicely put

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Such "main stream Bible scholars" are as legitimate as the main stream news. Deluded liars all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This.

But, those like Ringman, Starman, and Snyper simply cannot allow that others believe or believe differently than they do.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V

By Sean Martin

You get it, right?

I wonder if they can also prove the existence of other invisible beings like the Tooth Fairy? My youngest Grandson told me he has actually seen the Tooth Fairy and he looks a lot like my Son.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
One of the best explanations of who God is and why we are who we are and the world is what it is is in the 1977 movie "Oh God", starring George Burns as God.

https://youtu.be/G1YsGmhaWyw

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hanco

lol.

even my Grandmom, raised in a good standing Lutheran family, and who later fell by the wayside and joint the Baptists knows that pie are round. and i can attest that her homemade applepies were delish.

she even knows that if we were to send a rocket ship to the moon, it'd destroy us all, because the rocket would punch a hole in the atmosphere and let all the air out. now that's something to think about.

it amazes me that we can even be here, having this conversation. but, here we are nevertheless.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Says the Young Earth Creationist.

There are physical scientists with significantly more education than yours who accept a young earth as strongly as you accept an old earth. We all have the same information. It our wold view that tells us how to interpret it. You start with the idea the majority is correct. So did Dr. Kindell. And yet he studied ten different fields during his education. He now lectures on science without using the Bible.

He looks at a single rock with four different ages that vary by a billion years and says, "The dating system is flawed." You look at the same information and say, "This proves the Bible is wrong."

Everyday Hunter
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
enter der Hindus and their Pantheism.

basically they claim there was no big-bang. things have always been, and always will be. that differs from the various strains of western theology of course.

in other words, no beginning and no end. sounds kinda like "God" to me? no?

but who are those pantheistic hindus, and why is there such animosity between them and the monotheistic muslims?

and if the earth collided with another planet, would the overall cosmos skip a beat and then keep on ticking?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I was thinking most of this could be summed up as X=2 π r; where X > 0.

Originally Posted by Gus
it amazes me that we can even be here, having this conversation. but, here we are nevertheless.

...but are we?

This is the same solopism that haunted René.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I was thinking most of this could be summed up as X=2 π r; where X > 0.

Originally Posted by Gus

...but are we?

This is the same solopism that haunted René.

True, but it all boils down to whether one believes in the existence and power of the/an unknown, or not.

For myself, I've yet to be convinced of everything.

wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are physical scientists with significantly more education than yours who accept a young earth as strongly as you accept an old earth. We all have the same information. It our wold view that tells us how to interpret it. You start with the idea the majority is correct. So did Dr. Kindell. And yet he studied ten different fields during his education. He now lectures on science without using the Bible.

He looks at a single rock with four different ages that vary by a billion years and says, "The dating system is flawed." You look at the same information and say, "This proves the Bible is wrong."

In your case...

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've yet to be convinced of everything.

And, rightly so.

If I were going to write an algorithm for schizophrenia, I'd take 10 of Ringman's posts, formally outline and notate his arguments—then run those on a random loop substituting his claims for one another ad nauseam.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

basically they claim there was no big-bang. things have always been, and always will be. that differs from the various strains of western theology of course.

but who are those pantheistic hindus, and why is there such animosity between them and the monotheistic muslims?

and if the earth collided with another planet, would the overall cosmos skip a beat and then keep on ticking?

Roger Penrose, Stephen Hawking's teacher, and Paul Steinhardt, the Einstein chair at Princeton, both independently reject the big bang in part and go for a more cyclic model.

As Penrose points out CBR, cosmic background radiation, is 0.1% uninorm in all directions and looks like 3 degrees K radiation. That is as high entropy as it gets. The big bang would have had to be perfectly low entropy. Thus the theory in trouble with not only gravity, but the second law of thermodynamics. Yet two Nobel prizes have been handed out for the big bang.

For anyone who can think, this is troubling.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There are physical scientists with significantly more education than yours who accept a young earth as strongly as you accept an old earth.

We all have the same information. It our wold view that tells us how to interpret it. You start with the idea the majority is correct. So did Dr. Kindell. And yet he studied ten different fields during his education. He now lectures on science without using the Bible.

No, there really aren't.
That's just more of the mindless BS you spout with still no proof, hoping someone will fall for it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There are physical scientists with significantly more education than yours who accept a young earth as strongly as you accept an old earth.

We all have the same information. It our wold view that tells us how to interpret it. You start with the idea the majority is correct. So did Dr. Kindell. And yet he studied ten different fields during his education. He now lectures on science without using the Bible.

No, there really aren't.
That's just more of the mindless BS you spout with still no proof, hoping someone will fall for it.

Pot, meet kettle.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted By 4ager
I've yet to be convinced of everything.

That's because you falsely believe you already know it all.

The same way you believe I read your silly narcissistic ramblings.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

Roger Penrose, Stephen Hawking's teacher, and Paul Steinhardt, the Einstein chair at Princeton, both independently reject the big bang in part and go for a more cyclic model.

As Penrose points out CBR, cosmic background radiation, is 0.1% uninorm in all directions and looks like 3 degrees K radiation. That is as high entropy as it gets. The big bang would have had to be perfectly low entropy. Thus the theory in trouble with not only gravity, but the second law of thermodynamics. Yet two Nobel prizes have been handed out for the big bang.

well, yes indeed. troubling it is sums it up very well. but, we're dealing in theory, and hypothesis of one kind or another. not totaly the truth, not yet anyways. the truth might not be so pleasant? i don't know.

but, what if there was no beginning, and there was no end? how could that be? well, our binary brains couldn't conceive of such a thing/reality, so it doesn't exist, right?

we western europeans with our thought process don't hardly allow no outside ideas to enter in. it keeps us safe, or at least did. but, what if the Story Line is bigger/larger than what we've come to believe/accept? humans on the earth, what a concept. lol.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gus

I don't know why it would be "troubling", it just means there's additional opportunities for research.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 01/24/17.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Why?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They are handing out Nobel prizes for big bang....not good.

1) CBR disproves big bang. It could not be stronger evidence against it.

2) How did big bang overcome gravity? And don't say space temporarily inflated. That is the dog ate my homework.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Interesting video.

I suggest watching it and replacing "Moon Hoax" with (choose a religion) and see the parallels.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

2) How did big bang overcome gravity? And don't say space temporarily inflated. That is the dog ate my homework.

I was told there was no space prior to the Big Bang. I asked a teacher how the Big Bang overcame gravity. "It wasn't invented yet," she informed me. whistle

Everyday Hunter
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
God is Dog spelled backward.

I already knew there was a finer being than man..

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I was told there was no space prior to the Big Bang. I asked a teacher how the Big Bang overcame gravity. "It wasn't invented yet," she informed me. whistle

Because the Higgs Field didn't exist yet. Perhaps her words were in-artful, but they are not inconsistent with current models of the very early Universe.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Not really, not so much as dark energy/dark matter that we had to invent to make the equations come out right. We're missing something bigly. grin

On the other hand there are particles (we postulate) so small and exist for so short a time that seem to hold atomic nuclei together that they cannot be individually detected by observation under our present understanding of physical laws (uncertainty principle). On the other hand the Hubble ultra deep space photo (Wiki) reveals seemingly countless galaxies all with atoms composed of those tiny particles. A magnificent system to have come about on its own.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Nobel was not awarded because Big Bang was proven, but that the theory was strongly supported.

"They have not proven the big-bang theory but they give it very strong support," said Per Carlson, chairman of the Nobel committee for physics.

The 2006 Nobel in Physics was awarded on work that advanced Physics in significant ways.

The overarching intent of the Nobel is to encourage further work, which may or may not support the original hypothesis.

How is that "troubling"?

I suppose it could be 'troubling' to some ideologues.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody matters to God...whether God matters to them or not.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Because the Higgs Field didn't exist yet. Perhaps her words were in-artful, but they are not inconsistent with current models of the theoretical very early Universe.

Fixed it for you.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

By Sean Martin

You get it, right?

Wouldn't be the same sort of dills that came up with climate change would it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
While Karl Popper's falsifiability criterion demarcates the limits of scientific inquiry, those who strive for certainty remain at the mercy of fantasy and logical fallacy.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
While Karl Popper's falsifiability criterion demarcates the limits of scientific inquiry, those who strive for certainty remain at the mercy of fantasy and logical fallacy.

Couldn't you have just said that they are wankers?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Couldn't you have just said that they are wankers?

Insert Lao Tzu quote here

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Because the Higgs Field didn't exist yet. Perhaps her words were in-artful, but they are not inconsistent with current models of the theoretical very early Universe.

Fixed it for you.

ex post facto insertion of grammatical redundancy is not a fix.

The use of "current models (plural) in the quoted posts implies the alternative facts are still in flux.

Get you some Strunk and White.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While Scientists keep finding smaller and smaller particles in the Universe, if only in theory in many cases, there must always be something other than the individual particles...... something which keeps them separate.

Something which is " Not this nor that".

Which happens to be the definition for God by the early Church Fathers.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by curdog4570
While Scientists keep finding smaller and smaller particles in the Universe, if only in theory in many cases, there must always be something other than the individual particles...... something which keeps them separate.

Looks like you might be bird dogging around Asymptotic Pantheism?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Wouldn't be the same sort of dills that came up with climate change would it.

Yes yes

As Penrose calls the big bang theory, "Fashion, faith, and fantasy"

https://www.amazon.com/Fashion-Faith-Fantasy-Physics-Universe/dp/0691119791

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nope.... just noting the similarity between Particle Theory and the thinking of early Christians;" This is not Thou, neither art Thou this."

Pantheism is an attribute of God, but not God.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Nope.... just noting the similarity between Particle Theory and the thinking of early Christians;" This is not Thou, neither art Thou this."

Pantheism is an attribute of God, but not God.

Fair enough.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  Itching ears, hearing what they want to hear and eyes seeing only what they want to see.  AS is strongly biased in his chosen direction and can only hear and see what he desires to see and hear.

So, the big bang theory is “proven” false?   Nah… much discussion and discovery still going on. 

Do your own search, there is plenty of debate going on.  Here is a simplified, easier to understand view.  If you want more in depth review, do your own search.

http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/ask/a11461.html

So,  "main stream" scholars agree that Moses and the Exodus are fictitious?  Nah.  Again, the itching ears and eyes problem.

Again, do your own investigation and articles such as this one will emerge:

http://www.reformjudaism.org/exodus-not-fiction

There are those who present one side of a debatable point as undisputed fact when it is not

Simple lame attempt at confusing some and fooling others.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 16penny, 1lesfox, 63 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,464
Posts18,471,337
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.