-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The R's will, with fake expressions of pain, offer to deport One illegal mexicon in return for an expanded H1-B visa program......and tell The People that they worked hard for this selfless act of patriotism.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rock Chuck, yes, here at home I have seen some bridge work in recent years.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 4ager
The Rs have the House. They have the Senate. They control at least 34 Governor's mansions and 32 state legislatures (including all of them in the South). Trump, as an R with the balls to actually fight, is POTUS. The Rs still hold a majority in the SCOTUS and that will expand within the next four years. The economy is already picking up due to anticipation of Trump bringing manufacturing and jobs back to the U.S.

How in the Hell will the GOPe f'k this up?

Easy: they'll go "culture warrior" instead of focusing on the economy.

Yes, abortion is a travesty that needs to end. Do it via 6-7 SCOTUS appointments. Quit worrying about who is f'king whom in their bedroom; nunyabizness.

Concentrate on the economy, on bringing back jobs and manufacturing, on improving crumbling infrastructure, and on rebuilding the military. Do that, and the swing states of VA, WV, PA, OH, NC, NH, and MI are solid R in 2020 (and beyond) and the Rs control Congress as well. The rest takes cares of itself at that point.

Concentrate on breaking the back of the D-plantation for blacks in urban areas by creating jobs there and busting up the gangs and rings of violence. Do that, and the Ds can't win anywhere outside of the urban elite sectors. The rest takes care of itself then.

Concentrate on the economy and leave all the culture war bullschit to the side, because if you win on the economy the culture war stuff takes care of itself.

The GOPe will f'k this up if they do otherwise.

The best summation I've read so far.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I keep hearing talk of "crumbling infrastructure". What is that? Are we going to pave the highways with gold or ??? New railways? To where? I thought railway construction was done 100 years ago. Are bridges falling somewhere and I missed it? What are we talking about? Oregon has roads that have ruts from studded tire damage, that I get. Otherwise, ????

Abortion. Sorry, can't leave it alone. God will not view a nation favorably that murders millions of children for the convenience of the unrighteous people that make them. Period. It simply has to stop. These screaming beitches marching in DC are the poster children for abortion. I wasn't impressed by any of them I watched, were you? Their opinion should bear zero weight in national debates because clearly their judgement is clouded by selfish rage.

Bridges are in serious disrepair around the country. DOT and damned near every state reports that. The same with railways; major disrepair.

Concentrate on infrastructure, the economy, jobs, and national defense. Leave the culture war schit alone and fix that via the SCOTUS with the 6-7 picks that Trump can get in 8 years, along with the utter destruction of the D party.

Or, go culture warrior, f'k it up, and have the Ds not only survive but take control again in 2020.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Anybody want to hazard a guess as to how the infrastructure is crumbling.....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I keep hearing talk of "crumbling infrastructure". What is that? Are we going to pave the highways with gold or ??? New railways? To where? I thought railway construction was done 100 years ago. Are bridges falling somewhere and I missed it? What are we talking about? Oregon has roads that have ruts from studded tire damage, that I get. Otherwise, ????

Abortion. Sorry, can't leave it alone. God will not view a nation favorably that murders millions of children for the convenience of the unrighteous people that make them. Period. It simply has to stop. These screaming beitches marching in DC are the poster children for abortion. I wasn't impressed by any of them I watched, were you? Their opinion should bear zero weight in national debates because clearly their judgement is clouded by selfish rage.

Bridges are in serious disrepair around the country. DOT and damned near every state reports that. The same with railways; major disrepair.

Concentrate on infrastructure, the economy, jobs, and national defense. Leave the culture war schit alone and fix that via the SCOTUS with the 6-7 picks that Trump can get in 8 years, along with the utter destruction of the D party.

Or, go culture warrior, f'k it up, and have the Ds not only survive but take control again in 2020.

You got it.

That is exactly what yesterday was about. This country has been sucked into identity politics and if the Trump administration and congress get suckered into that battle, it's gonna be over real quick.

SC
Borders/Immagration (and for fuggs sake, don't go on and on about muslims)
Taxes
Healthcare
Trade

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The long game is rolling back abortion and the rest of the leftist agenda.

That is accomplished by destroying the D party by breaking their plantation on blacks in urban areas through crime reduction and job creation. Couple that with improving the economy, bringing back jobs and manufacturing, and rebuilding the military. Do that, and Trump wins in 2020, the Rs have 60+ in the Senate after 2018, and control redistricting after 2020.

Do those things, and the SCOTUS is reshape for the next half century by 6-7 picks. And, THAT kills off the leftist agenda.

Play the long game and win.

Or, play culture warrior and lose.

Simple.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's the short list of how they will screw it up -

John McCain, Susan Collins, Lindsey Graham

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Here's the short list of how they will screw it up -

John McCain, Susan Collins, Lindsey Graham

Just grabbed this of some news site

"After careful consideration, and much discussion with Mr. Tillerson, we have decided to support his nomination to be secretary of state," Senators John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina said in a statement.

Do you SERIOUSLY believe that these two clowns aren't going to STFU just a bit, now ?

You need to quit trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Trump and his people are very bright folks. The first thing they're doing is putting the left and its media on the defensive.

It's also not just posturing when he put the police, the military, and the intelligence community on his side.

It's significant that he gave CIA director Brennan his walking papers and afterwards, 1000 CIA personnel chose to meet with Trump at his invitation. (only 400 would fit in the room)

They sounded very enthusiastic about what Trump had to say to them,...as has the police,..as has the military.

IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
culture war is what it is developing into. the inner cities all voted D as far i can tell. not only did DC but all around DC went D.

we're divided: fly-over country vs. the big cities. and it's a developing global phenomenon. keeping the trains running on time will help the R's.

letting folks choose their own Fates will only help the D's.

Trump and his team have less than 2 years to establish a good foothold for the next 6 years following. the House & Senate will give him lipservice, but they're self-interested. they'll take care of their own, even if it's at the President's expense.

but, maybe Trump will really bring some positive action to the table. i hope so. but if he brings too much action, too soon, it could trigger roads being blocked by marchers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...it's telling that so many are still thinking along the lines of actually SEEING "two more years" of ANYTHING vaguely resembling what we've seen hitherto, e.g. business as usual.

... It's not going to go down that way

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Add this:

Take away this foolhardy idea that if someone does not have a degree they are a lesser person, a failure. Revalue the working class, the blue collar, for the producers they are. Don't break their unions or cut their pay, value them. Understand that no matter what union management says the rank and file see the truth. The truth is they are working, and Democrats had nothing to do with that.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Gus
culture war is what it is developing into.

The culture war started a long time ago.

It's just that both sides are now participating in it.

The side that started it really doesn't know how to respond other than to double down on the tired old crap its been spewing forever.

That's not a winning strategy.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Gus
culture war is what it is developing into.

The culture war started a long time ago.

It's just that both sides are now participating in it.

The side that started it really doesn't know how to respond other than to double down on the tired old crap its been spewing forever.

That's not a winning strategy.

and the old Judge asked the Sheriff: "and who threw the first punch do you think?"

or, said another way, this country has not responded well to the changes that advances in technology that has brought to the world.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It is not the economy all that much . It is a give me the free ticket or I raise hell.. There are jobs all over the place the last year and almost all of them are going unfilled. Why? Cause they are lazy entitlement welfare people that take all they can get for free in the guise they " can't find a job" . The jobs are right under their noses and they see them. They have been on the gov. ttiit so long they dont know how to apply anymore, and if they did they would fail the interview so miserably the employer would be crazy to hire such a high liability as them. So it is not economy so much as it is the Obama welfare culture people that can't keep a job to save their souls if they had one in the first place.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Its a little early to get worked up over a failure that hasn't materialized. Let's see what develops in the next 3 - 4 months before we start pulling out the long knives.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nope. It's too late not to be worrying about the 2018 election cycle. The 2018 elections started yesterday.

The 2018 cycle will go down as the most important midterm election in our generation, maybe a couple of generations.

Depending on who takes the majority in the Senate (and Repubs need a 60+ to have "won" it), will determine the direction of the United States future.

Trump was only the beginning, the tip of the needed iceberg.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ihookem
It is not the economy all that much . It is a give me the free ticket or I raise hell.. There are jobs all over the place the last year and almost all of them are going unfilled. Why? Cause they are lazy entitlement welfare people that take all they can get for free in the guise they " can't find a job" . The jobs are right under their noses and they see them. They have been on the gov. ttiit so long they dont know how to apply anymore, and if they did they would fail the interview so miserably the employer would be crazy to hire such a high liability as them. So it is not economy so much as it is the Obama welfare culture people that can't keep a job to save their souls if they had one in the first place.

My wife used to be H.R. The company had a no drugs policy. She told me it is almost impossible to hire anyone because even the ones who want jobs can’t pass a drug test.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They F this up by doing what they always do- trying to make the other side happy. When the Dems win, it's a mandate and elections have consequences, and they do whatever they want. When they lose, they somehow convince the Republicans there is a need for compromise, and they cave. So the Dems win the 2 steps forward, one step back game every time. We have the White House, we have the House, we have the Senate, we have most of the Governors. Get as much done as possible while you can, let the other side go to hell.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

137 members (1eyedmule, 44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 11 invisible), 1,534 guests, and 888 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,772
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.