Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ive caught a lot of hell from people I know in recent years due to me cutting many folks out of my life. I sleep very well knowing im on the right side of wrong. I caught hell for telling Clinton, Johnson, Stein and non voters around me to GFY. I caught hell for calling out the hypocrisy of the pro-choice folks I know.

I have a small circle of friends. I dont need 1500 "friends" on facebook to make me happy. Dont get me wrong, I treat everyone I come across equally. But I dont associate with those who have different views than I. Never have, never will. I couldnt care less what ethnicity you are. Whats in your heart? What does your actions say to me. I dont follow anyone. I look to those with a greater understanding of life than me. I dont need others who dont share the same views as I bringing strife into my life.

Agree or no?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pahick
Ive caught a lot of hell from people I know in recent years due to me cutting many folks out of my life. I sleep very well knowing im on the right side of wrong. I caught hell for telling Clinton, Johnson, Stein and non voters around me to GFY. I caught hell for calling out the hypocrisy of the pro-choice folks I know.

I have a small circle of friends. I dont need 1500 "friends" on facebook to make me happy. Dont get me wrong, I treat everyone I come across equally. But I dont associate with those who have different views than I. Never have, never will. I couldnt care less what ethnicity you are. Whats in your heart? What does your actions say to me. I dont follow anyone. I look to those with a greater understanding of life than me. I dont need others who dont share the same views as I bringing strife into my life.

Agree or no?

Agree. Well said.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Friends are the one's you make face to face contact with often, and everyone else falls into strangers or acquaintances categories.

LOL
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Acquaintances help ya move.

Friends help ya move the body.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
If you don't live in my house or out rank me at work you simply don't matter.

The only exception are very very few family members.

Dink

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Agree or no?

Agreed.

However, I still work part time in the healthcare field, so dealing with folks who have some very different values and attitudes from me, I have to find things that we have in common to maintain communication.
What surprises me the most, is how many older folks still compete with their neighbors and relatives, as a major focus. So many people are not comfortable with who they are, and seek to control others around themselves, to make themselves feel alright. I hate getting sucked into their vortex. Its exhausting sometimes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DINK
If you don't live in my house or out rank me at work you simply don't matter.

What a miserable way to live life. This attitude will ensure plenty will always outrank you at work.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my 76 years I have had hundreds of acquaintances with whom I had good times and enjoyed their company.

I have had maybe 5 or 6 real friends and consider myself lucky.

[Linked Image]
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Wyogal

Agree or no?

Agreed.

However, I still work part time in the healthcare field, so dealing with folks who have some very different values and attitudes from me, I have to find things that we have in common to maintain communication.
What surprises me the most, is how many older folks still compete with their neighbors and relatives, as a major focus. So many people are not comfortable with who they are, and seek to control others around themselves, to make themselves feel alright. I hate getting sucked into their vortex. Its exhausting sometimes.

Im union. And Republican. Im in defense, and though im there to ensure the men and women that protect me have the best possible tools to get the job done, to make sure the employees go home in the same shape they came in, im also there for a paycheck. I dont go there to make friends. Its great if I do, if I dont, no hair off my ass. I have a job to do. We all have to get along in our daily life. But I dont have to like you, invite you on a hunt or to dinner. We just have to try to coexist as peacefully as possible.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Originally Posted by Wyogal

Agree or no?

Agreed.

Im union. And Republican. Im in defense, and though im there to ensure the men and women that protect me have the best possible tools to get the job done, to make sure the employees go home in the same shape they came in, im also there for a paycheck. I dont go there to make friends. Its great if I do, if I dont, no hair off my ass. I have a job to do. We all have to get along in our daily life. But I dont have to like you, invite you on a hunt or to dinner. We just have to try to coexist as peacefully as possible.

As a healthcare worker, I often have to wade through alot of BS to get to the original purpose of my nursing visit.
I get my job done.
It seems you get your job done too.
No problem.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Agree or no?
Not to cherry pick your post but those lines I've highlighted put you in a group that contains about 99% of the population.

Almost all people choose to associate with people who are fundamentally like themselves. I included your remark about ethnicity since association has far more to do with similar attitudes and core values than those that look like us. We might be friendly to others but it's not the same and most folks will understand the difference.

Obviously by "association" that doesn't mean at work where you have no choice, but those we call friends. Even at work there are those you will associate with by choice and those you won't.

Congratulations! You are a normal human being. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I can't understand why they call it a "friend list" on Facebook. Really, it's more of a "nosy list" of people that simply want to know your business because they don't see you on a regular basis.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jnyork
In my 76 years I have had hundreds of acquaintances with whom I had good times and enjoyed their company.

I have had maybe 5 or 6 real friends and consider myself lucky.

Good post. Same here.. I refer to my "friends" as my brothers who I'd do anything for. Likewise, they'd do the same for me.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A friend is someone you can call at 2:30 am and say "This is (fill in your name here), I am at home and need your help." Hang up the phone, and in driving time, there will be a knock on your door.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I never had time for friends, they always want you to help them do something. Anytime I have tried to have a friend , they wanted me do do some free plumbing work, free welding, free tractor work. I learned to say no. I know that's sad, but that's how I feel.

Last edited by hanco; 01/22/17.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O

At work, agree. This is hard for a lot of people to understand...
... im also there for a paycheck. I dont go there to make friends. Its great if I do, if I dont, no hair off my ass. I have a job to do. We all have to get along in our daily life. But I dont have to like you, invite you on a hunt or to dinner. We just have to try to coexist as peacefully as possible.

Outside of work, agree...
I have a small circle of friends. I dont need 1500 "friends" on facebook to make me happy. Dont get me wrong, I treat everyone I come across equally. But I dont associate with those who have different views than I. Never have, never will. ...

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
I never had time for friends, they always want you to help them do something. Anytime I have tried to have a friend , they wanted me do do some free plumbing work, free welding, free tractor work. I learned to say no.

Thats not a friend. Thats a moocher that needs sent down the road pronto.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I have piles of friends in real life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many per pile? smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kid0917
How many per pile? smile

And what size hole do you dig for them?

LOL
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (01Foreman400, 338reddog, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 23 invisible), 1,812 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,628
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.