-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they were gonna kill him, I think it would have happened by now.

Unless, at some point, an intelligence agency decides to do it.

But there are other ways of getting rid of him if that is what they wish.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ed, there will be push to impeach Trump over conflicts of interest with his businesses and violating the emoluments clause in the Constitution. How successful this push is will depend on court rulings and Republicans in Congress.

Last edited by Squidge; 01/22/17.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
That is not how holding onto political power works. That is how you commit political suicide.

The house and senate are Republican. It would take a Republican vote to impeach him, and the party that won doesn't just give it back when it holds all of the cards...by voter mandate.

With the state of the Dem party right now, the R's had better go full steam ahead while they have the chance. Going full steam ahead doesn't include tossing out the guy who got the voters to turn out.

It is going to take the D's 4 years to figure out that they don't have anything figured out yet. And once they figure out how to win the White House, they are going to have major opposition in both houses and the Supreme Court, because they don't have a plan on how to get votes in the majority of states for the Legislative branch. I'd guess at this point the R's have 8-12 years of what will be practically "free run" before the D's are a real threat to chipping away at the R base in the middle of the country.

The D's have to figure out that they need the voters more than the voters need them, which means they have to humble themselves and alter their platform to attract fly-over country voters. The radicals in their party are going to fight against that, even though it would be in their best interest for gaining EC votes.

When Libs admit their platform is wrong and they are open to legit representation of the middle of the country, they will start to have success in national elections....so it could be a long time before they come around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When you look at a glass, do you see it as half full, half empty or OMG!!! It's full of POISON! Radioactive, slimey, smelly, noxious poison!!! And the sky is about to fall on it!!!

We elected President Trump against all odds. Tomorrow is uncertain but whatever it will bring it will bring, so enjoy today.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Next to trump doing something absolutely nuts there is no way the current house will vote to start an impeachment. The house post 2018 depends greatly on the next two years.

I would hope that the republican party realizes that the voter block that lost in 2008 and 2012 isn't likely to elect another republican president ( nor continue to return big majorities to congress forever). If the R's want to continue they need to keep Trumps voting block and even add some slices of other demographics to it and to do that the R's in congress need to help Trump get some stuff done, Like adding reasonable paying jobs, particularly in states that Trump took from the Dems. Look like they are making some progress on immigration, ISIS and a couple of other visible and generally popular planks of trumps platform.

Some of this is going to be tough, Tax reform and "repeal and replace" is largely going to be congresses bailiwick and its going to be an uphill climb for those two to not turn into a political goat F**K, where the only beneficiaries are long time political contributors.

The next two years are going to be an interesting fork in the road, Done right and the liberal left could wallow in exile like the R's did from 45 to 80. Screw it up and the right won't see the light of day for election cycles to come.

I hope that Ryan and McConnell and the power brokers that back them can read the writing on the wall.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Snyper
Lot's of things are "possibilities"
Lot's of things are just stupid too.
And they aren't mutually exclusive.
You continue to prove that. You can stop now.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Fubarski
There's no such thing as a stupid question.

And you're stupid enough to believe that?

See, there's one right there.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Squidge
Ed, there will be push to impeach Trump over conflicts of interest with his businesses and violating the emoluments clause in the Constitution. How successful this push is will depend on court rulings and Republicans in Congress.

if taking gifts and bribes from foreign governments was actionable, then Bill Clinton and barack both would be sitting in Leavenworth today.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At this point, I don't care. I'm still in the Hillary-didn't-win honeymoon.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lets see how the next 4 or 8 years go.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
progressives would rather have Trump than Pence

That is Trump's insurance policy

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,159
Posts18,502,996
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.