Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Remember the Seattle Seahawks beat both the Atlanta Falcons AND the New England Patriots earlier this year - then the injuries came and the Falcons achieved near perfection for the playoffs.
I don't know if any other team beat both Super-Bowl LI participants this year?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

And the Packers beat Seattle by three touchdowns before the injuries. laugh

So, I guess a person can throw out most all the regular season games. They don't mean a whole lot in the playoffs.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not a Pats fan, so I'm guessing Pats in a close one. Brady is playing with a chip on his shoulder, I suspect he dreams of taking the trophy from Goodell with a big a$$ "up your's" grin on his face. That said, the Falcons look REALLY good and Ryan is up for his moment in the sun. Will be a good one whoever wins!

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Idared: You are EXACTLY WRONG in your post!
The Packers won that game there in Green Bay on December 11th by 28 points (I think thats 4 touchdowns?) and December 11th was exactly at the height of Seattles injuries!
I hope you don't mind being corrected!
No "a person can NOT throw out all the regular season games"!
Winning a certain number of "regular season games" is how a team gets into the playoffs - which I believe the Seattle Seahawks have done for 5 (five!) years in a row now?
I'll say it again the Seattle Seahawks had a very good year considering their way above average number of injuries to key players!
By the way did you come up with any other teams this year that beat BOTH Super-Bowl LI participants like the Seahawks DID?
GO SEAHAWKS!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Ryoushi: I agree I think this Super-Bowl will be a dandy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm thinkin we may have a ball game

Atlanta has lots of weapons on offense

But the Patriots defense is much better than Green Bay's

Brady knows how to use all the pieces in his offense as well

Patriots amaze me, now that's a freakin dynasty for any confused in the northwest as to what dynasty actually means

What they've accomplished during the cap years and free agency is every bit as impressive as what gb teams did during the Lombardi years, perhaps even more so

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
VG

I stand corrected, it was a 4 touchdown win for the Packers.

I also looked at the box score for that game. Who didn't play for the Hawks because of injury in that game?

I realize you have to win games to be in the playoffs. What I meant, and poorly worded it, is you can't compare scores of regular season games and prove anything during the playoffs. Case in point, you are correct in saying the Hawks beat the Falcons during the regular season. They also lost to the Saints whom the Falcons beat twice. The Hawks lost to and tied the Cardinals who the Falcons beat by 19 points. The Packers also lost to the Falcons in the closing seconds by a single point but beat the Hawks by 4 touchdowns.

In the end what does this all prove? Not much in my book, and that's why I give little credence to the Hawks beating both Atlanta and New England during the regular season. If it makes you feel good, that's fine, but to me it really doesn't prove anything as I doubt they could beat either Atlanta or New England at this time of the year.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Seahawks dynasty of excuses and mediocrity
Book it!

Piss into the wind

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
If I was betting...Patriots

Hope the Falcons win.

Provided no one gets hurt it should be an awesome game.

31-27 Falcons for the win!

You stole my thoughts! wink
I sure would like to see the Falcons win, but if I had money on this game, it would be put on the Patriots.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 01/23/17.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

If the falcons have a shot, it is to find another weapon for ryan to use that isn't Julio Jones. Jones will be double/tripled by the Pats DBacks, that's how they win, they take away your #1 weapon.

Against the Steelers the D-line didn't really try to penetrate against the run because the running back (drawing a blank on his name) is the most patient runner waiting for the line to open a hole. So Pats D-line just held their ground and waited.

they doubled the #1 receiver making him a non-factor and Big Ben was left with no weapons to use.

Brady has lost his mobility except a short step up, but he is a master at spreading the ball around so who do you cover? You have to cover them all and you can't.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Falcons.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Brady and Belichick having two weeks to prepare isn't good for the opposition along with the experience of playing in the big game. I figure they can come up with a way to slow the Falcons offense down enough to win.

I'm not a New England fan, but it is impressive how year after year they simply reload and get right back into the mix. Heck, they don't even have Gronk for this one, but found a way to get back to the SB.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll take the seahawks, Tim. Oh. They're not playing? Hmm.

Then I'll take the experience of the Patriots to win over the Falcons. But deep down, I'll be rooting for Jones and Ryan to earn a ring.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pats will manage the clock, lots of runs, dink and dunk passing and efficient long drives. Pats are very good at taking away what the other team does best - that mean keeping Matt Ryan on the bench. Should be a good one but I still think Brady's desire to take that trophy from Goodell's hands will be the difference. Pats are on a mission that is bigger than the game.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Lonny: You touch on an excellent point - the Patriots do so well year after year I thought "the N.F.L. draft" was supposed to help instill parity and promote equality of opportunity amongst all teams?
Maybe the general manager and administration of the Patriots is also superior (along with their players) and that keeps them in constant contention for the very top?
Anyway good for them - maybe other teams will learn something from the Patriots policies, picks and administrative personnel.
Plus they don't have to deal with colon krapernick being on their team.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll be pulling for the hometown Birds. They are unlike any Atlanta Falcon team I've witnessed in 40+ years. I'm not impressed by the defense (who plays great D anymore?) but they do not take their foot off the gas offensively.

Hard to bet against Brady, but he has lost 3 SuperBowls too.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SandBilly
As long as the Seachickens are watching from their homes, it's definitely a GREAT super bowl...

+1

Atlanta for the win.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Seahawks dynasty of excuses and mediocrity
Book it!

Piss into the wind

HA! They're finished. Had their shot and blew it. Plus Shannahan is going to put SFO back together quickly and the Rams will be a new force to deal with.

Go Falcons!! For now.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am picking Atlanta. It is a biased pick, really a vote against New England and the cheaters.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
dvdgeorge: That monicker must stand for DumbVeryDumbgeorge!
You are simply a blithering idiot calling the Seattle Seahawks a "medicore" team!
Try to get back in touch with reality little man before yo get institutionalized - please.
Stupid (DumbVeryDumb!) people are their own just rewards.
And in this case [bleep] you have obviously been WELL rewarded - and it couldn't happen to a nicer turd.
GO SEAHAWKS!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Stantdm: Yeah come to think of it - it would be nice to see a new team holding the trophy.
Still hoping it will be a great game.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,400
Posts18,470,126
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.