Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The Rock was bought a couple of years ago and they had a truck race in the last year or so.

I parked beside of Leonard Wood at North Wilkesboro one time and talked to him for 30 minutes, he's a true southern gentleman.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
very cool. Did not know that!! Thanks!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
Pretty much the same here[except it was after Dale died].

When they left North Wilkesboro[attended the last race there] and Rockingham and threatened pulling one from Martinsville it was clear that what and who got them where they were was no longer important to them.

NASCAR pretty much died when Earnhardt was killed.

Now it's just schitty racing, schitty rules & waaaay too many schitty drivers. Might as well turn every race into an IROC event.........let the drivers draw straws for which car they drive today & have NASCAR supply all the rides.

MM

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
BYC I hate to see it but you're right. I just looked it up and the last race was 2013 and it's back up for sale. That was a fun place the week after the Daytona 500.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by Raeford
Pretty much the same here[except it was after Dale died].

When they left North Wilkesboro[attended the last race there] and Rockingham and threatened pulling one from Martinsville it was clear that what and who got them where they were was no longer important to them.

NASCAR pretty much died when Earnhardt was killed.

Now it's just schitty racing, schitty rules & waaaay too many schitty drivers. Might as well turn every race into an IROC event.........let the drivers draw straws for which car they drive today & have NASCAR supply all the rides.

MM

That would at least be interesting and JJ wouldn't win everything

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
if they want something exciting to watch,
someone should re-introduce the original style
can-am racing. no c.i.d. limit, no restriction
on aerodynamics, as long as the wheels didn't
hang out and could pass safety you could put
a real driver with talent in it and run full
out b.t.t.w. as long as it would hang together.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had an annual garage pass for a good number of years; today I wouldn't go to a race if I got paid to do it.

Johnson is a decent driver that never hurts himself & has as good equipment as is possible to have.

Would have liked to see him compete against the greats a few years ago though.

MM

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm down to the Friday night race at Bristol now. I used to go to a lot of races but just don't care enough to go anymore.

I'd love to see this generation race against the greats from years ago. I'd also like to see Harvick try to drag Cale out of a car, I'd bet it would only happen once grin

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Stop all the stupid rules and parity crap-- let 'em race
The creme rise to the top!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Stop all the stupid rules and parity crap-- let 'em race
The creme rise to the top!

Too much like the NFL.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Well, I'm looking forward to the Daytona 500.

μολὼν λαβέ
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
saw on another news feed biotch crash patrick maybe having sponsor shortfalls Damn what a shame if she didn't make i t perhaps everyone would be a lot safer!!!!!!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Have been interested in racing most of my life. I'm 50 and went to my first race when I was 4 or 5 at the local dirt track. Have kept up with NASCAR fairly well for the last 10+ years and modestly for a decade or two before that.

Racing or an NFL game is pretty much the only thing I watch on tv, which is once a week, tops. And with the whole NFL protest thing going on, I've watched VERY little NFL this year. With the musical network thing going on in NASCAR, you know... FS1 for the next 3 races, except when it switches to NBCSN , except when it runs on Saturday night and switches to regular NBC, or was that ESPN?? Anyway, it really pisses me off trying to watch a whole season of NASCAR. I decided several years ago that it's just not in my budget to pay for a much bigger (more expensive) tv package just to get to watch a few more races.

I work 55-ish hours Monday to Friday, so on my weekend: between 1.) the amount of time it takes to spend every Saturday night or Sunday afternoon for something like 85% of the year watching 4 hours of racing, and getting tired of playing musical networks these last few years, (one race last year switched between 3 networks over 2 days due to a rain delay, and finally finished on a network I couldn't get) and 2.) this past year having had some urgent issues to take care of: mom had open-heart surgery and spent a month in the hospital and several big home renovation projects like digging up my back yard sewer line by hand and replacing it, etc... I missed a lot of the season!

Long story short, when I finally had a chance to catch a few races at the end of the "Chase", I realized I'd lost most of my desire to hunt the race down and kill it. Now, between yet another new format, and Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards retiring, I'm not sure how much or how often I'll even bother this year. I guess I'll just tune in on the weekends when it's convenient for me, unless it's at one of my favorite tracks.. and isn't under rain delay.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Well, I'm looking forward to the Daytona 500.

You and me both!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 60 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,293
Posts18,486,934
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.