Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
So the Wrangler's price going up thread made me thinking ...

If we all pay extra 20% tax on those Mexican made goods, how exactly are the Mexicans paying for The Wall if the money comes out of our pocket?

Sure, some manufactures may eventually choose to move their production back to the US, but until then, everything with 20% tax is money out of my pocket.

Personally, I would prefer if every Mexican crossing (legally) into the US paid $20 or some other fee per every crossing. That would be money collected from the Mexicans and not from us.

JMHO

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yer jumping the gun..Donald aint done yet.
Give him time. He's the one holding the cards.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Walls are expensive. They could be paid for with fines from Americans who hire illegals.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

why are you buying mexican trade goods to start with?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I don't really care about the cost. Build it - get it done! Shore up the border. Plenty of good will come from it.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe somebody else remembers the dollar amount lost to Mexico every year by Mexican workers (legal and illegal) sending money home.
IIRC it was 25 to 30 Billion. That money, when it goes, is gone for good.
Keep that money here, and in a couple years, poof! The wall is payed for!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Maybe somebody else remembers the dollar amount lost to Mexico every year by Mexican workers (legal and illegal) sending money home.
IIRC it was 25 to 30 Billion. That money, when it goes, is gone for good.
Keep that money here, and in a couple years, poof! The wall is payed for!
7mm

$60B

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by BigCreekRanger
why are you buying mexican trade goods to start with?

Because I like the Mexicans better than the Chinese? laugh

All kidding aside, sometimes I buy some stuff, for example at Costco, without even realizing it came from Mexico.

BTW, taxing each crossing would help more IMO. Do you know how many Mexicans cross the border every day for work while living in Mexico? Millions!

Gee, all those people would have to rent a place here and spend more money here or to quit their jobs as it would not be profitable for most of them = more jobs for Americans!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
60B

Thanks, Bigfish. I was thinking 25 or 30, and stand corrected. And this money is usually tax free. I don't know what a "guest worker" pays in taxes but illegals pay none. Keeping 40 or 50 billion bucks from flying out the window, and in a few years Mexico has payed for the wall. At least indirectly.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
In the case of the Wranglers, my hope is, once the price goes up, that VF will just decide to make the things in the US again. They're already made of US fabric. I hope this happens with lots of jobs.

We'll see.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 3dtestify, 325wsm1, 280ACKIMP, 007FJ, 18 invisible), 10,389 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,338
Posts18,546,319
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.