Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
.....hours after Mean MAGA signs order.

Caution, have kleenex or hanky handy, this is truly heart rending.

Link: http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/...tm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They didn't look to be starving to me.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Syrian family arrives in Tucson hours after president's executive order is signed
Friday, January 27th 2017, 7:46 pm MST
Friday, January 27th 2017, 10:03 pm MST
By Janice Yu, ReporterCONNECT

The three-year refugee status application process finally came to close for one Syrian family as they arrived at Tucson International Airport on Friday. (Source: KOLD News 13)
The three-year refugee status application process finally came to close for one Syrian family as they arrived at Tucson International Airport on Friday. (Source: KOLD News 13)
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
President Donald Trump signed an executive order Friday, Jan. 27 making changes to the policies regarding refugees.

The order calls for a four-month suspension to America's broader refugee program, allowing for the reviewing the vetting process.

The order also calls for a cut in the number of refugees allowed into the United States to 50,000. This is more than a 50 percent cut from the current number of 110,000.

The president said this is needed to combat radical Islamic terrorism at home.

"We only want to admit those into our country who will support our country and love deeply our people," President Trump said.

Ibrahim Hesso, his wife, and two children made the decision to leave war-torn Aleppo and apply for refugee status in the United States.

The three-year process finally came to close as they stepped foot inside Tucson International Airport on Friday evening, just hours after President Trump signed the executive order.

"The problems started in Syria and it's really, really difficult to live there anymore," Hesso said. "It was difficult years. It was really, really difficult, but now we are here safe. We are thinking about a better life, a better future for our kids."

Hesso said his brothers applied for refugee status at the same time as he did but their applications have not been processed.

Now with the executive order, the future remains unclear.

"It's hard on them. It's hard on people that work with them to see the worry on their faces when we know we're going to have months without any arrivals," said Barbara Eiswerth, the executive director of the Iskashitaa Refugee Network.

This group, along with other organizations and agencies help the 1,200 refugees who arrive in Tucson every year.

Eiswerth said the changes will also leave the funding for agencies up in the air..

"Taking a temporary stop on them is going to be very challenging for the agencies that.. that is their sole work is to welcome refugees from these countries," Eiswerth said.

Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm all broken up over this.
Perhaps the do-gooder welcome committee should hop on the return flight.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Germany is begging for em it isn't like they're out of place to lay low waiting for the opportunity to strap plastique around their torsos...

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The timing is purely coincidental, I'm certain. smirk

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
They're fatties! There I said it!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
they better un-muslim pretty quick. i suggest getting a cross necklace and some rosary beads. allah ain't welcome in trump land.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Despite my personal opinions regarding this, I will give them credit for following the legal process and arriving here lawfully. I hope they will become contributors rather than parasites.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sound thinking,Bobmar.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They came here long after the election. They knew that by the time they got here, they'd no longer be welcome or wanted.
Why not try Saudi Arabia or some other Muslim country? Oh, yeah, THEY WONT TAKE THEM EITHER.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ibrahim chose to run instead of fight? What a fine fellow.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Despite my personal opinions regarding this, I will give them credit for following the legal process and arriving here lawfully. I hope they will become contributors rather than parasites.

Yessir, ....
I stand in absolute dumbfounded awe, when considering the quality and depth of professional ethic and skill that the Clinton / Kerry State Department will have applied to "vetting" this fellow.
Hell, give him four years and he'll probably win a seat on Tucson's city council.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Note how these "refugees aren'y going to NYC like millions have over the past 200 years. They are going to Red States. Dilute the vote.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

"The problems started in Syria and it's really, really difficult to live there anymore," Hesso said.

So they are refugees because "it's really, really difficult to live there" not because their lives are in danger like Christians in those Muslim countries who may lose their heads due to their religion. I guess two "reallys" suffice to make one a refugee.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They look primed and ready to suck the system dry.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If our government just quick paying refugees, much of this would stop.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Feed them and send them home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
from 1975 to 1984 my wife worked with a gal who's sister married a Iranian. this jerk imported his elderly parents via some humanitarian clause, him being the spouse of an US citizen. The parents got Social Security even though they had never worked a day in the US. On the walls of their living room were large pictures of the Iotoilet Komeanie! they steadfastly refused to learn English and turned their backs to any infidel that came into the house.
eventually the Jerk Ahmed took to beating the american wife for fun and she divorced him. as far as i know he and his parents lived happily ever after in Salem Oregon on our dime.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Let the family settle here in the interim. Conscript the males, train them to fight. Send them to Syria to win their country back. Provide all the assistance they need. Return the families when peace is secured.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 30 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,113
Posts18,483,446
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.