Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CCCC
Someone who knows - really - please post provide correct and generally accepted definition of "hate speech".

Best I can do...
___

Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act - (Sec. 4703) Adopts the definition of "hate crime" as set forth in the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (i.e., a crime in which the defendant intentionally selects a victim or, in the case of a property crime the property that is the object of the crime, because of the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, or sexual orientation of any person).

https://www.congress.gov/bill/111th-congress/house-bill/2647

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by CCCC
Someone who knows - really - please post provide correct and generally accepted definition of "hate speech".

Best I can do...
___

Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act - (Sec. 4703) Adopts the definition of "hate crime" as set forth in the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 (i.e., a crime in which the defendant intentionally selects a victim or, in the case of a property crime the property that is the object of the crime, because of the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, or sexual orientation of any person).

https://www.congress.gov/bill/111th-congress/house-bill/2647

But that includes an actual act of destruction of property or violence against a person, no? Is there really such a thing as hate speech? If there is I am pretty sure it must include a 'call to action' that would cause aforementioned acts...so basically only recent examples would be those of the liberal left commies.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by westside_benny
Is there really such a thing as hate speech?

Is there such a thing as real boobs?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
There is no such thing as "hate speech". Read what Denton wrote above, it is spot on. There seems to be some conflation of a "hate crime" and something being called "hate speech".

In order to have a hate crime, you need to first have a crime...normally a violent crime. In order for that crime to be enhanced to a hate crime, which is usually a way for the Feds to get themselves involved in what would normally be a state law crime, the motivating factor in committing the crime has to be the race, gender, etc. of the victim. There's a little more to it than that, but that's close enough.

The idea of "hate speech" is nonsense. There isn't an exception for this in the first amendment. But that only means that the state can't arrest you for the hateful content of what you are saying. If anything, this type of speech is what needs to be protected. No one has a problem with nice speech.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TomSmith

The idea of "hate speech" is nonsense.

Honky pulease.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would normally be offended by that, but it's the third time today that I have been called a honky.

Last edited by TomSmith; 02/02/17.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by westside_benny
Is there really such a thing as hate speech?

Is there such a thing as real boobs?

If I can touch them, they're real.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would normally be offended by that, but it's the third time today that I have been called a honky.

No offense. smile My point is that if there was any such thing as "hate speech", you would HAVE to be offended. Or not.

A better term would be "blackmail".

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

No offense. smile My point is that if there was any such thing as "hate speech", you would HAVE to be offended. Or not.

A better term would be "blackmail".

Blackmail. Why you gotta be coming up in here talking 'black male'. You a tool of the man. Like a brotha can't afford Fed-ex an gots to be using the mail. Man you racist as fugh. Punk.

Liberalism; The impossible yet accepted notion that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

That's why they burn stuff.

It gets headlines, and their message out there.

It ought to get them hard jailtime too.

They burn stuff to intimidate opposition and stop free speech. They thought it had worked even in the privacy of the voting booth when they convinced so many who were heavy laden with white guilt that to vote against Obama was racist. This election shocked them. They're reeling.

Keep em stumbling from shock Mr President!

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was kidding about the honky thing too... but you're right about the blackmail. It's a about shutting down people that one side has determined to be the "haters". Offensive speech is more like it but they want to make it sound like a crime to even say some things.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The "left" is self-destructing more by each passing day. From Congress to the anarchists in the streets - they are de-legitimizing the Democrat Party.
Don't stop them. Just stand back and watch them destroy cities by night and refuse to show up for meetings in D.C. by day.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was kidding about the honky thing too... but you're right about the blackmail. It's a about shutting down people that one side has determined to be the "haters". Offensive speech is more like it but they want to make it sound like a crime to even say some things.

Right, except it's not even offensive. Nobody is really offended by speech.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Absolutely. The Left has reached the point where just trying to tell them they are wrong is viewed as hate speech.

It's not enough to "tolerate" homosexuality or transgenderism. They feel you should have to say that it is perfectly normal behavior. To say otherwise is to hate, in their opinion.

They truly are NOT liberal any longer. Their actions are reaching the level of pure fascism.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think liberals are in shock right now. They have no idea what to do. The normal stuff they're used to doing , smearing, protesting, race baiting...none of that is working. At this pace, they're going to get killed in the midterms.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Napoleon had a set of insightful maxims. One of them was, never interrupt your adversary when he is making a mistake. Now is a good time to let the left continue with their faux pas.

Be not weary in well doing.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by denton
Napoleon had a set of insightful maxims. One of them was, never interrupt your adversary when he is making a mistake. Now is a good time to let the left continue with their faux pas.

I think this is very true. They are doing a lot more damage to themselves now than any water hoses or concussion grenades could possibly. Plus they are mainly (at least so far) pissing in their own pools.

700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...and never, ever, invest one-self personally in politics.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.