-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Teacher's union are worried she will wreck the DOE. I am hopeful she will wreck the DOE.

Pence casts tie-breaking vote to confirm DeVos as education secretary
Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 8:47 am MST
Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 11:15 am MST

WASHINGTON, D.C. (WWBT) -
After a 50-50 tie in the Senate on Tuesday, Vice President Mike Pence cast a tie-breaking vote to approve Betsy DeVos as education secretary.

The approval comes after a marathon-session debate on whether to approve DeVos, one of President Donald Trump’s most controversial Cabinet picks.

Trump stood behind DeVos and Tuesday of fighting progress.

"Betsy DeVos is a reformer, and she is going to be a great Education Sec. for our kids!" Trump wrote on Twitter.

"I am not just voting no, I am voting no way," Democratic Senator Chris Coons Delaware said overnight.

Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia says he intends to hold DeVos accountable while she's secretary of education.

"I look forward to looking for areas of agreement where possible," Warner said Tuesday afternoon.

Some Republicans have accused Democrats of slow-walking DeVos and other nominees to placate voters who still haven't come to terms with Trump's election.

"It seems this gridlock and opposition has far less to do with the nominees actually before us than the man who nominated them," said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. "Enough is enough."

In addition to DeVos, Republicans hope to confirm a series of other nominees this week: Sen. Jeff Sessions as attorney general, Rep. Tom Price of Georgia as health secretary and financier Steven Mnuchin as treasury secretary.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/34444927...-to-confirm-devos-as-education-secretary

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems,
but it will annoy enough people to make it a worthwhile effort.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Public education could be no worse under Devos for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All the laws that the Dept of Education administers should be repealed. The Feds have no legitimate function in education.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Teacher's union are worried she will wreck the DOE. I am hopeful she will wreck the DOE.
I'd just be happy if she wrecked the teachers union.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Oh NOOOOO, now she will kill the children.

Too late to wreck education in the US. That's done. Our world rankings are abysmal.

Go get em Betsy.

A pox on Susan and Lisa.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
"I am not just voting no, I am voting no way," Democratic Senator Chris Coons Delaware said overnight.
Trump showed him the "way".

Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia says he intends to hold DeVos accountable while she's secretary of education.
This demoncrap will be held to account for himself like never before, too. That should prove fun!

"I look forward to looking for areas of agreement where possible," Warner said Tuesday afternoon.
Let's skip the formalities and cut to the chase with "demoncraps are traitors and should be tried and jailed or hung". That should give us something to talk about for a while.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Public education could be no worse under Devos for sure.

She's a weak pick, but I love having her nomination and confirmation poke the Teachers' Union in the eye with a sharp stick. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Heard Rush say today that the United States ranks 25th in the world for our school students in reading, math, and science.

I believe our teachers are also some of the highest paid in the world as well - doesn't look like the taxpayers that are supporting these union teachers are getting their bang for their buck!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by RickyD
I'd just be happy if she wrecked the teachers union.

Wouldn't at be great!!

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Turd cow ski ....f her!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Vouchers for all!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Oh NOOOOO, now she will kill the children.

Too late to wreck education in the US. That's done. Our world rankings are abysmal.

Go get em Betsy.

A pox on Susan and Lisa.
More than a couple of things affect that. EVERYBODY goes to school. That's not true everywhere. NOBODY fails. In addition, a lot of the kids simply don't do the work.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This is excellent news. I think she will do an outstanding job.

μολὼν λαβέ
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Pretty sure none of that will be adversely affected by school choice.

Let the NEA eat cake. That democrat cash cow has had its way far too long.

I knew all I needed to know about the NEA when their boss said he would be concerned about students when they paid union dues.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The head needs to be cut off the NEA snake.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain"...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We have 8th graders in one of our 'Magnet' schools that don't know what cursive writing is....and forget printing...because they can't spell schitt!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's the list of Benedict Arnold Republicans on this one?

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
At our kids' school, the administration is not able to reconcile instruction period duration with the mandated/bargained unbroken length of each teacher's prep period, resulting in no recess for the 1st grader from 8:20 until noon...those are a bunch of jumpy critters when math rolls around at 10:00 am.

Add that to common core poetry interpretation in 1st and 3rd grades in place of drill/kill arithmetic and volume writing, and you have some problems.

I'd like to see where DeVos takes the notion, that we all don't progress at the same pace.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (160user, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 204guy, 222ND, 36 invisible), 13,860 guests, and 1,048 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,112
Posts18,542,112
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.