Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 76 of 79 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 79
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This is the 2016/17 deer season in Woodville Mississippi.

BIL killed this 4 point 215 LBS in November - thats not a normal rack for a 200lbs deer in woodville - cull buck we said
[Linked Image]

I killed this nice 8 point 195lbs on Jan 7th - We had snow, that only happens maybe once every 5 years.
[Linked Image]

I Killed this 9 point on Jan 28th
[Linked Image]

BIL killed this 9 point on Jan 29th
[Linked Image]

and on the last day of the season we both killed a buck.

I killed this 7 point on Jan 31
[Linked Image]

And BIL killed this 8 point on Jan 31
[Linked Image]

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
And the recovery

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

J Simoneaud

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Nice bucks. You must have a pretty generous bag limit. That's some handy dandy little sleds you have there. So I guess you guys don't gut them in the woods, you take them home and clean them?

Personally, I leave that schit in the woods.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 02/08/17.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
My only good buck this year. The second time I went out.

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hey Stone, that is on our 600 acres. We have a cabin and a cleaning shed. we bring all deer back to the camp and weight them on the hoof. We have a 2 wheel Gut bucket that can hold 2 deers guts. We have a gut dump about 80 yards from the camp, the guts don't stay there long.

The sleds were bought either on Amazon or Northern Tools and we altered the connection to take a 2 inch ball on the back of our bikes. We only use bikes to recover deer. We have a very quiet 4 wheel drive truck we use to drop off and pick up hunters.

J Simoneaud

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Forgot, in Mississippi, our area you are allowed 6 deer per year, max 3 bucks.

J Simoneaud

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Simoneaud
Hey Stone, that is on our 600 acres. We have a cabin and a cleaning shed. we bring all deer back to the camp and weight them on the hoof. We have a 2 wheel Gut bucket that can hold 2 deers guts. We have a gut dump about 80 yards from the camp, the guts don't stay there long.

The sleds were bought either on Amazon or Northern Tools and we altered the connection to take a 2 inch ball on the back of our bikes. We only use bikes to recover deer. We have a very quiet 4 wheel drive truck we use to drop off and pick up hunters.

It seems like every place is different. I know in Delaware a lot of people do the hang'em and gut'em method.

I like the sleds. Good work.

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Are the deers there mannerly enough to jump in the sleds before you choot them? I know the [bleep] here would make you drag them onto the sled after they were dead. [bleep] deers.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
About an hour ago on the lawn. Quite often they will be right at the edge of the deck, this one was about 50 ft away.

Had 9 head of elk on there yesterday.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Are the deers there mannerly enough to jump in the sleds before you choot them? I know the [bleep] here would make you drag them onto the sled after they were dead. [bleep] deers.

NO! those SOB's we can't get them into the sled on thier own, neither before or after we shoot them! Then when we get to the skinning shed, they just lay there, can't get um to get up and go lay down in the shed!!! LMAO

J Simoneaud

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Drover, that ram is looking a little hippy. Id probably try to put it out of its misery with a little alfalfa. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

NO! those SOB's we can't get them into the sled on thier own, neither before or after we shoot them! Then when we get to the skinning shed, they just lay there, can't get um to get up and go lay down in the shed!!! LMAO
Exactly. At first look, those sleds are pretty slick, but they are the result of the damned deer not trotting up and putting their necks in the noose to be gutted. If they'd do that, the expense of the sled wouldn't be necessary. Deer are some sorry mofos when you think about it.

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
13 feet and 600 pound dinosaur. Stuck him with a manual harpoon and fought him for 2 hours before getting a good shot in the skull. Took 3 shots to stun him. 5 to kill him. They just don't know how to die.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by xarcher; 02/08/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That is a battle!

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by xarcher
13 feet and 600 pound dinosaur. Stuck him with a manual harpoon and fought him for 2 hours before getting a good shot in the skull. Took 3 shots to stun him. 5 to kill him. They just don't know how to die.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hahahaha!

That's awesome!

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Outstanding dinosaur! Do you get to keep the hide & meat?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Outstanding dinosaur! Do you get to keep the hide & meat?

Ed

Had the hide tanned and the head mounted with jaw open - Sorta like in that one picture with me holding his jaw open. Got about 85 pounds of meat that I mostly gave away. It happened in 2010 and I remember the whole thing like it just happened this morning. Like I said, we fought this joker for 2 hours. In a 16 foot jon boat!

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Big buck on rt, dream buck on left.

Big sucker. Bigger pig.

Redear fishing in East Texas.

son and Babe.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/08/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xarcher
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You win. smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Love that rifle. Details on it?
Thanks

Sir,

sorry for the tardy response.

Haven't visited this thread for a bit.

[Linked Image]

top: Merkel K3 Jagd Stutzen, 308 Win.

bottom: Merkel K1 Jagd Stutzen, 7mm-08

[Linked Image]

The rifle and bear is the 7mm-08

and the 308 Win, K3 with a hoglet I perforated.

[Linked Image]

Not having fondled one before I took delivery on the first one I was wondering if the diminutive size and weight would make them feel like a toy. I made the mistake of getting the fat part of my palm between my thumb and index finger caught when I closed the action. They lock up like a vault. A snapping turtle ain't got nuthin' on these dudes.

[Linked Image]

They break down and pack easy.

[Linked Image]

I prefer the Recknagel twist mounts on the K1 to the Blazer style saddle mounts on the K3. However both return to zero every time they are re-mounted

I usually go in heavy,

[Linked Image]

but broken down, it will go in the tour pack if going in light!

ya!

GWB

Absolutely beautiful. They're art. Thanks for the response and additional pics. Now I can keep drooling

Page 76 of 79 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 79

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (204guy, 260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 2500HD, 61 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,229
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.