Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Sheister
As usual you make almost no sense . The rifle will pick the bullet. Whichever shoots best will work fine. All this talk about northern deer, southern deer, mule deer, white tails, etc.... is nonsense. No deer on this planet or any other planet is going to stand up to a well placed shot from either bullet.

Agreed, the rifle will pick. How ever the question was what one would you pick. If both Bullets shoot equally as well the 160 is the better choice.
How is that so hard to understand.

The OP did not say bullet Z shoots blank and bullet Y shoots blank which one should I use.
He ask of these two which one would be best. Of all the responses on this topic far less that half answered the question. But could not wait to throw their twist in and a jab to boot.

The whole north south question was to enquirer on what other game may be hunted with said load. But I made sure to answer the ops question. The rest is so the perfect azzholes here have something to get there panties in a bunch over. Trust me it made their day.

Last edited by fredIII; 02/01/17.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Genus factor is strong in this one.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by fredIII
Far from it. How ever I do really love his work. LOL.

Your style is very similar to his, he just has a more articulate vocabulary than you.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Higbean
Oh and just for your scrap book.

[Linked Image]

That is was the president of the NRA. The first year I went to the Olin dinner. but you knew that right. Lol.
Stupid stuff like a northern deer is usually bigger than a southern deer and a hunter in the north might elk hunt or bear when a southern might not.

Freddy, were you in as part of the wait staff?
😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂

I have a picture of my brother posing with Donald Trump too, that don't make him a billionaire any more than posing with Wayne makes you a ballistician.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by montanabadger

[Linked Image]

That is was the president of the NRA. The first year I went to the Olin dinner. but you knew that right. Lol.
Stupid stuff like a northern deer is usually bigger than a southern deer and a hunter in the north might elk hunt or bear when a southern might not.

😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂

I have a picture of my brother posing with Donald Trump too, that don't make him a billionaire any more than posing with Wayne makes you a ballistician.

Funny you mention a ballistician, what if that was exactly what I did for about eight years. Lol. Would that change anything? Did not think so. LETs just say you are half right.

👍🏼

PS can you have your brother tell Donald hi for me.

Last edited by fredIII; 02/01/17.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by montanabadger

[Linked Image]

😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂

Funny you mention a ballistician, what if that was exactly what I did for about eight years. Lol. Would that change anything? Did not think so. LETs just say you are half right.

👍🏼

PS can you have your brother tell Donald hi for me.

Were you involved with the BC numbers on the Accubond LR?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
No! but I can tell you that they are right on. Mike M, Mike L, and the gang are the best people you could ever hope to meet so think hard about the next jab. Nosler states that the g1 is developed using 100 yards. At 100 the BC is right. The g7 is supplied and spot on. Everyone in the know use g7 anyway for Long range. G1 are for the guys that think they know and like to see big numbers. It's actually silly to even post g1 as they error by as much as 12%. But it's an old standard and shooter don't like change. But you knew that right hig. Lol.

Last edited by fredIII; 02/02/17.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I`ve killed only two W.T. with the 7mm 160 AB`s. One at 375, bullet hit the front shoulder, DRT, the second at 225 hit behind the front shoulder, deer went about 50 yrds. 7mm hole in, about a 1 inch hole out.
But we`ve, my son and I, have killed deer with this bullet in .25 cal, .30, and 8mm, had excellent results with the AB in all, plus they shoot excellent. Don`t think you could go wrong.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No! but I can tell you that they are right on. Mike M, Mike L, and the gang are the best people you could ever hope to meet so think hard about the next jab. Nosler states that the g1 is developed using 100 yards. At 100 the BC is right. The g7 is supplied and spot on. Everyone in the know use g7 anyway for Long range. G1 are for the guys that think they know and like to see big numbers. It's actually silly to even post g1 as they error by as much as 12%. But it's an old standard and shooter don't like change. But you knew that right hig. Lol.

Is that right?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Either one, G-1, G-7, is a tool. SHOOT the bullets to see..

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Good grief!!!! Generally speaking men of experience are experienced enouph to know NOT to toot there own horn. Simply share your experience without fondling and stroking yourself if at all possible. This thread has more D in hand than anything else.

If deer is all you hunt I'd probably go with the 140 as Bobin recommended especially considering a 400 yd limit. A load would easily be attainable where no turrets or LR reticles are necessary and crosshairs would never have to leave the critter.

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You were a ballistics expert for 8 years Fred?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Expert no. Never got a saami lab. I will send a pm. You can choose to respond or not your call.

Last edited by fredIII; 02/03/17.
OP Offline
We do have a few big deer here in SC. My largest over the last 39 years has been 240 lbs, 235 lbs and 226 lbs. I have probably taken another 10 or 12 that was at the 200 lb mark. Three of which are in the SC records program, highest scoring of mine was 150 2/8 net. We have the genes but with 14 weeks of open season and a liberal 11 total deer limit per hunter, most of our bucks don't make it to maturity. The ones that do become invisible during the day. I have night time trail cam pics of some bucks that would make your eyes bulge a little. We are going to have another B&C entry from the 2016 season, an 11 year old boy shot it about 10 miles from my house.
I've have gotten use to people that reply on forums that think someone is a novice just because they asked a simple question. I've been hand loading for 40+ years, I just want to hear others opinions. But not from someone that is a novice them self or has only a couple years of hunting experience. Like my father taught me when I was young, be careful what you say to strangers because you never know who they are, where they have been or what they know.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Screw it all and shoot the 150 NBT.

And I'll take Brian Litz's measured calculations of the Accubond LR to the bank.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

And I'll take Brian Litz's measured calculations of the Accubond LR to the bank.

Brian is the smartest man I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and a joy to learn from.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Brian is the smartest man I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and a joy to learn from.

He is alot more on his game than them dipschidts at Nosler.

[Linked Image]

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Your half right. hig you buy tickets to ththe NRA show yet.

Last edited by fredIII; 02/03/17.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
If you have a 7 mag, just point it in the general direction. It will kill whatever you are shooting at. It's that good. I like 140 ballistic tips. They kill deer just as well and are cheaper if you shoot a lot.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P700 -
We slam Elk with 140 ABs.
ABL are a bit challenging to tune
and usually have negligible advantage
flying those distances.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,470
Posts18,471,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.