Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
NFL sharpens warning to Texas on 'bathroom bill'

AP Published: February 10, 2017

[Linked Image]

"The Texas bill prevents grown men from entering your daughter's restroom, locker room, and shower facility and pullng out their johnson in full sight. The NFL says they have no problem with a grown man pulling out his johnson in front of your daughter."

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The NFL sharpened its warning to Texas on Friday about a "bathroom bill" targeting transgender people, suggesting for the first time that the football-crazed state could miss out on hosting another Super Bowl if the proposal is enacted.

"If a proposal that is discriminatory or inconsistent with our values were to become law there, that would certainly be a factor considered when thinking about awarding future events," league spokesman Brian McCarthy said in response to an email question about the Texas bill.

Although the NFL released a statement about inclusiveness earlier this month prior to the Super Bowl in Houston, it didn't address whether the bill could put future such events at risk for the state.

The NFL has selected future Super Bowl sites through 2021, none of which are in Texas. Dallas hosted the game in 2011 and three Super Bowls have been played in Texas since 2004, which is second only to Florida.

Under the Texas bill, people would be required to use bathrooms that correspond to the sex on their birth certificate. It's similar to a North Carolina law that prompted the NCAA to pull seven championship events from that state last year and is backed by Republican Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, a powerful figure in the state who had cited the Houston Super Bowl as proof that big events will stick around.

Republican Gov. Greg Abbott has been quieter on the proposal and, noticeably, never mentioned bathrooms while laying out his legislative agenda last month.

Following the NFL statement, Patrick's office signaled it was remaining firm and was committed to "making sure that every Texas is welcomed" at sporting events.

"Despite persistent misinformation in the media, under Senate Bill 6, all Texas teams will be able to set their own policies at the stadiums and arenas where they play and hold their events. There is no conflict with the NFL's statement today and Senate Bill 6," Patrick spokesman Alejandro Garcia said.

The NCAA has declined comment so far since the Texas bill was filed last month. Since 2004, Texas has hosted more combined Super Bowls, NBA All-Star Games (three) and NCAA men's Final Fours (five) than any other state. San Antonio is scheduled to host another Final Four in 2018, and Dallas is hosting the women's NCAA Final Four in April.

Unlike the North Carolina law, the Texas proposal stops short of some provisions the NCAA singled out when defending its decision to relocate events last fall. That includes language that invalidates local equal-rights ordinances, although there is separate legislation in Texas that could have similar effects.

The NFL has issued similar warnings before about state legislation that critics say invites discrimination. In 2015, Georgia Republican Gov. Nathan Deal vetoed a "religious liberty" bill that the NFL suggested could result in Atlanta being passed over for Super Bowls.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If some man pulls his dick out in front of my daughter or my wife in a public bathroom I'm going to show him the other end of it. This argument is beyond comprehension. It should not even be up for discussion. Put in a third bathroom and label it "neutral".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pro football has been gay for quite some time now. Tom Brady and Gronk are heroes, after all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dollar generated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Concealed carry and an angry woman should straighten this out. I hope some perverts get shot.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hope they keep this stupid stuff up and , and sooner or later people will have enough and NI& football league will implode and self destruct !!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
wouldn't miss not having a super bowl in Texas. Yawn.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by mohick
Hope they keep this stupid stuff up and , and sooner or later people will have enough and NI& football league will implode and self destruct !!

It wasn't too long ago that some threads were generated on the Campfire related to homosexuality. Several responses indicated that many folks here took a tolerant attitude. But over time, one started seeing, in the media, how gays have aligned themselves also with transgenders and other assorted deviancy, as a group, that are discriminated against.
Moral corruption is like a drip drip in bad plumbing. And the drip eventually becomes a serious leak.

So now the NFL is like Sodom and Gormorrah, huh.
Like drip is now a leak. A bad one.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Surely you are not shocked by this?? wink

Just like the boycotts here!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Shocked? Heck no.

And don't ever call me Shirley.....

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
If some man pulls his dick out in front of my daughter or my wife in a public bathroom I'm going to show him the other end of it. This argument is beyond comprehension. It should not even be up for discussion. Put in a third bathroom and label it "neutral confused".

Fixed that for ya.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They still don't know Texas.
Nice easy going folks----------until they're pushed just so far, then they won't take another step back.
Then it's shut up and back away time before all hell gets loose.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
As per magnumdude's post above, I have three granddaughters that the sun rises and sets on. I'm not going to concern myself with laws, policies or the absence of same but know this. . . . . If there is ever an incident (because of this transgender nonsense) and one of my granddaughters is a victim, I will turn loose the hounds of hell.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Go Abbott!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
If some man pulls his dick out in front of my daughter or my wife in a public bathroom I'm going to show him the other end of it. This argument is beyond comprehension. It should not even be up for discussion. Put in a third bathroom and label it "neutral confused".

Fixed that for ya.

Thanks Dan...I was more concerned with pulling the fµcker's dick off and showing him the other end of it. Start him on the transgender surgery early - free of charge.

My wife and daughter have their Concealed Carry license. I taught their class.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Dollar generated.
uhhhh Denny? homos make up about 1% of the population, and they don't watch football.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dear NFL,

This is to inform you that if keep these types of warnings up you will just piss off the folks that by tickets and watch tv.

Way to go,you have alienated most of your base,besides the ones that were pissed by your inaction of players being disrespectful to the country that has given of it's treasure so you and your minions can make a vastly over priced wage.

Just to let you know this house has lost all respect for the head office of the NFL.

Now you good folks just have a nice day.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
If enough states/cities told the NFL to GFTs they would drop all this crap in a minute.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stop supporting them.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Dollar generated.
uhhhh Denny? homos make up about 1% of the population, and they don't watch football.
If homos don't watch football, how do you explain the Patriots?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1badf350, 06hunter59, 160user, 204guy, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 46 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,548
Posts18,531,436
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.