Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
http://www.rgj.com/story/news/crime/2017/02/15/blm-agent-says-bundy-standoff-gunman-aimed/97964138/

LAS VEGAS - A federal agent testified Wednesday that he saw a “sniper” behind a concrete barrier on a freeway overpass pointing a military-style weapon at him while a crowd of protesters in a dry river bed called for the government to release Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy’s cattle in April 2014.

Bureau of Land Management Special Agent Michael Johnson told a U.S. District Court jury hearing a third day of evidence in Las Vegas that he’ll never forget the feeling of fear, and that that he “absolutely” felt his life was in danger.

“There was a man with binoculars right next to him. He would periodically pop up,” Johnson said, adding that he also saw the man he termed a “spotter” using a monocular range-finder to judge the distance between them.

Johnson testified he took cover for more than an hour behind a portable generator trailer, and never raised his handgun or AR-15 rifle at the overpass or at unarmed men, women and children in the wash below.

On Tuesday, another bureau agent, Rand Stover, testified for the prosecution that he too felt his life was threatened.

Under questioning by defendant Todd Engel, who is serving as his own lawyer, Johnson said Wednesday he saw other federal agents with weapons pointed toward protesters.

Engel tried to establish a timeline suggesting government officials were first to draw weapons.

No shots were fired during the tense standoff, and the cattle were eventually released.

Six defendants who prosecutors say wielded weapons are now standing trial on charges including conspiracy, firearm offenses and assault on a federal officer that could get them more than 100 years in federal prison.

Bundy and sons Ammon and Ryan Bundy are due to stand trial with two other men as a second group, after the first trial is over.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cue 1 minute.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
In Nevada pointing any firearm, whether loaded or not, at or towards a human being is prohibited by law. These dickwads should be prosecuted.

Federal law enforcement at or near the same location were seen and photographed doing exactly the same thing. I was very disappointed that our County Sheriff, who had jurisdiction, did not act against the Federal officers and send a strong message to the BLM and all other federal agencies.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
what they didn't have a chance to shoot a women thru a door?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Those cattle were taken and quite a few killed, without due process. They were not released, they were taken back.
Depriving a man of property and livelyhood, requires court action. (Which didn't happen.)
Bundy's son was tazored twice, while trying to talk with them. I followed the live broadcasts, the live feeds, and the news. The news kept changing.
The Bundy's were arrogant did willfully break the law, by doing a backburn on thier own land (violating a "no burn" order, it got away from them, and burned onto federal land. They had other options, but chose the fastest and easiest method.
The Bundy's did do wrong, but the BLM did much worse.
Watch the recorded live feeds if you can find them. The BLM had guns pointed alot.
As for the sniper....he was mugging for a camera most of the time. I would say the cameraman gave him away, not the spotter. He had a narrow gap between two concrete barriers, IIRC, and prone on the bridge. Very little to see at all.
Drain the swamp, dismantle the BLM swat team. It serves no good purpose.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
No. the Hammonds were the fire bugs. the Bundys were the freeloaders...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It’s very simple. Harry Reid used federal violence to take people’s land in his state so he could package it and re-sell it to the Chinese for personal gain.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kellory
Those cattle were taken and quite a few killed, without due process. They were not released, they were taken back.
Depriving a man of property and livelyhood, requires court action. (Which didn't happen.)
Bundy's son was tazored twice, while trying to talk with them. I followed the live broadcasts, the live feeds, and the news. The news kept changing.
The Bundy's were arrogant did willfully break the law, by doing a backburn on thier own land (violating a "no burn" order, it got away from them, and burned onto federal land. They had other options, but chose the fastest and easiest method.
Watch the recorded live feeds if you can find them. The BLM had guns pointed alot.
As for the sniper....he was mugging for a camera most of the time. I would say the cameraman gave him away, not the spotter. He had a narrow gap between two concrete barriers, IIRC, and prone on the bridge. Very little to see at all.

You don't really seem to know anything about the case if you think what you stated above is true.

The news didn't keep changing.
You just don't understand it at all.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by toad
the Hammonds were the fire bugs. the Bundys were the freeloaders...

Freeloading welfare mormons. Lots of otherwise good folks even on here got caught up defending the shcitbirds.

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
In Nevada pointing any firearm, whether loaded or not, at or towards a human being is prohibited by law. These dickwads should be prosecuted.

Federal law enforcement at or near the same location were seen and photographed doing exactly the same thing. I was very disappointed that our County Sheriff, who had jurisdiction, did not act against the Federal officers and send a strong message to the BLM and all other federal agencies.

mike r

Protecting the county citizens from federal government over reach is one of the main duties of a Sheriff.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There was a family of hill people years ago who got the treatment.

Didn't pay their bills.

Feds and the banker came in, bulldozed the house into the basement and burned it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

mike r

Protecting the county citizens from federal government over reach is one of the main duties of a Sheriff.

Protecting citizens from millions of dollars worth of theft and freeloading should be the duty of law enforcement at any level.

The Bundy's literally stole millions in grazing fees from the taxpayers, and then pitched a bitch when called on to pay.

They are no different and no better than Laquesha and welfare fraud in the inner city, and both ought to be treated just as harshly.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Too bad that sniper didn't pull the trigger a few times. Feds have killed enough innocent Americans in my lifetime {Ruby Ridge, Waco}. They got it comin'.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Too bad that sniper didn't pull the trigger a few times. Feds have killed enough innocent Americans in my lifetime {Ruby Ridge, Waco}. They got it comin'.

Yep.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snyper

You don't really seem to know anything about the case if you think what you stated above is true.

The news didn't keep changing.
You just don't understand it at all.

No, the news kept changing. That is a fact. On another site, there is a timeline thread, the news articles were preserved as they were first presented, as well as the changes. There was quite a bit of rumor, speculation passed off as news.
online news articles were Rewritten, with no obvious signs of editing or corrections made. However, before and after screenshot show the changes.

I could very easily Supply links to the thread and doctored articles,and much more. I know where to find it. But why make it easy for someone with so low of an opinion of me?
Do your own research.
I've had information overload on this subject, and I'm not going down that rabbit hole again. (it makes me feel dirty)
Think what you want, I'm done here.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
All these guys were of course carefully vetted beforehand.... crazy

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If I was a BLM guy at the scene, I would have been worried about getting shot too. Doubly so if it was my son/father/brother/spouse putting hisself in harm's way out there.

I ain't feeling for the Bundy's a whole lot here.

And anyone who is lamenting the fact nobody got shot is pathetic, and an embarrassment to the 'Fire.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by toad
No. the Hammonds were the fire bugs. the Bundys were the freeloaders...

You are correct, I had that event assigned to the wrong family. My apologies for that misstep, but it was the wrong chapter from the same book.
As a law and order guy, it irritates me, that there is no side to root FOR. In many ways, I find Clive Bundy's the least criminal side.
With the mea cupa, i'm done here.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

If the Bundy's lost a few head of cattle, take it off the $1M+ in grazing fees that they owe the BLM. This kind of crap would never get out of hand if the Feds would just enforce the law in a timely manner, rather than letting it go on until it was out of control. Bundy should go to prison and have his assets seized and sold within the scope of the law.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
mike r

Maybe they were just pointing at bedrock.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,078
Posts18,482,764
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.