Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
k22hornet in my estimation has the best solution. Place more emphasis on the bullet than the cartridge.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Tim M
if you own one and your on the fence, shoot it at some shyt and see what happens. Shot lots of pigs in the head with a S&W bodyguard 380 before pulling them out of the traps. they tend to just drop at the shot. if it will kills pigs at 3-4yds it should be fine for 2 legged vermin at the distances i'm worried about.

Ideal? no but not a doubt that its adequate.

Counting on heads shot in a lethal confrontation is a piss poor idea. Try body shots and shoulder shots, that's a more realistic comparison.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by jwp475
Actually shooting a 380 and seeing its lack of ballistic performance makes me not want to depend on its feebleness.

Do tell.
What gun were you shooting?
What were you shooting at?
What ammo were you using?
How did you analyze the results?

Crickets

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Actually shooting a 380 and seeing its lack of ballistic performance makes me not want to depend on its feebleness.

Do tell.

Crickets

Stupid f'ing question. There are plenty of ballistics online test you can watch. The 380 dam sure doesn't leave as large a wound channel as a 9mm +P nor does it penetrate as well.

You'd have to be ignorant as hell to believe otherwise. If you want to carry one then knock yourself out.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Funny as hell.I hear guys say they are going to double tap,or keep shooting until it's empty, or do a head shot.
I wonder what they think the bad guys going to be doing in that time especially when most confrontations are 5-10 feet away and the bad guy is shooting back or even coming at them with a knife.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Funny as hell.I hear guys say they are going to double tap,or keep shooting until it's empty, or do a head shot.
I wonder what they think the bad guys going to be doing in that time especially when most confrontations are 5-10 feet away and the bad guy is shooting back or even coming at them with a knife.

They are in fantasy land.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It doesn't take long to empty a pistol, even (or especially) at bad breath range.

Hell, it often happens without the shooter being totally cognizant of doing so.

That's not an indictment of your overall point, as it is quite valid. However, the "shoot until empty" is not exactly the same as the others.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I suspect that if this thread had been titled "would you trust your life to a 45", there would be the usual suspects that would say you need something bigger.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Do tell.

Crickets

Stupid f'ing question. There are plenty of ballistics online test you can watch. The 380 dam sure doesn't leave as large a wound channel as a 9mm +P nor does it penetrate as well.

You'd have to be ignorant as hell to believe otherwise. If you want to carry one then knock yourself out.

So, you didn't actually shoot a .380 to be "seeing it's lack of ballistic performance" (whatever that means).

Who ever compared a .380 to a 9mm +P?

Do you always just make schidt up?

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Do tell.

Crickets

So, you didn't actually shoot a .380 to be "seeing it's lack of ballistic performance" (whatever that means).

Who ever compared a .380 to a 9mm +P?

Do always just make schidt up?

You are stupid fugg. I shot a 380 you trolling POS and I find it lacking in ballistic performance just like every law enforcement agency in this country. I compared the 380 to a 9 +P dumb azz. A 9mm +P is a standard in self defense usage.

Take your crickets BS and stick it where the sun don't shine

I ignored you to start with for a reason. I shot more handgun rounds and more game with one than you've dreamed off.

Last edited by jwp475; 02/15/17.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How could you possibly know that?

Stop making stuff up.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And you never did answer my questions.

They weren't hard.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
James Bond did amazing schit with a 380. I saw it right on the TV!

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Crazy Horse carried a 380. It didn't work out.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 1Nut

James Bond was amazing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
He preferred a .32 ACP, but Q compelled him to switch to the "much more powerful" .380 ACP.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
He preferred a .32 ACP, but Q compelled him to switch to the "much more powerful" .380 ACP.

He started with the .25ACP and used the .32ACP for years.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by 4ager

It doesn't take long to empty a pistol, even (or especially) at bad breath range.

Hell, it often happens without the shooter being totally cognizant of doing so.

That's not an indictment of your overall point, as it is quite valid. However, the "shoot until empty" is not exactly the same as the others.

Oh, you can bet, no matter what am carrying ,I will be shooting until the threat is removed, the gun is empty or I am dead. If the need ever arises,I can only hope the first scenario occurs, because once the gun is empty and the threat is not remove,the third scenario becomes very probable

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Karamojo Bell used a .380 to kill 1011 elephants in his career. Some people say he used a rifle, but they are mistaken, it was a 380.

LOL
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Crazy Horse carried a 380. It didn't work out.

I always liked Neil Young. Didn't know he carried a 380 though.... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

313 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 34 invisible), 1,764 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,308
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.