Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rondrews
If is a big word. If the Fox didn't stop to take a pee, he would have caught the Rabbit.

The point of it is. I don't understand the mentality of being skeered of carrying a handgun simply because it has no external safety

Last edited by gitem_12; 02/14/17.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Me either "G", keep the thing in a good holster that covers the trigger and have the damn thing ready to bang when you jerk it.

I'm no copper, but who in hell can foresee the amount of threat time you will be afforded? no one! smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12
If is a big word. If the Fox didn't stop to take a pee, he would have caught the Rabbit.

The point of it is. I don't understand the mentality of being skeered of carrying a handgun simply because it has no external safety

Makes as much sense as carrying chamber empty.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Makes as much sense as carrying chamber empty.

Plus, if we're not supposed to 'slingshot', how are these guys gonna get their pistols loaded?

laugh

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Don't ask me. All I know is guys have had their non-safety CC guns go off in their pockets because of keys and other things. You can inadvertently put your finger on the trigger when you are drawing the gun out of the Holster. If you want to blow your nuts off because your firearm doesn't have a safety, go right ahead. Taurus had a recall on a G1 PT-111 because some of them when off when dropped by accident. I'll stick with a thumb safety and you can do what you feel is right for you.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
IC B2

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Don't ask me. All I know is guys have had their non-safety CC guns go off in their pockets because of keys and other things.

Well duh, that's why you don't carry in your pocket without a holster. It would be pretty stupid to do that even with a safety.

The rest is training issues. Keep your finger off the trigger when you draw, and don't fiddle with it when the gun is in your hand. One might even surmise those things are common sense, if ya didn't know better.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John carried hot and had no safety at all

the gun in his pocket was aimed right at his ball

one day it went off when he reached for his gun

now where John's balls were...there are none ... cry

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Don't ask me. All I know is guys have had their non-safety CC guns go off in their pockets because of keys and other things. You can inadvertently put your finger on the trigger when you are drawing the gun out of the Holster. If you want to blow your nuts off because your firearm doesn't have a safety, go right ahead. Taurus had a recall on a G1 PT-111 because some of them when off when dropped by accident. I'll stick with a thumb safety and you can do what you feel is right for you.

The solution to your first 2 pints can be summed up with one statement.
don't be a fugg in retard.

the third point can be countered with. don't buy a pos Taurus

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Yondering
Don't ask me. All I know is guys have had their non-safety CC guns go off in their pockets because of keys and other things.

Well duh, that's why you don't carry in your pocket without a holster. It would be pretty stupid to do that even with a safety.

The rest is training issues. Keep your finger off the trigger when you draw, and don't fiddle with it when the gun is in your hand. One might even surmise those things are common sense, if ya didn't know better.

Besides all that, there are autos with triggers that are essentially the same as DA revolvers - and no external safety. See? We have a solution for everything.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If your pocket carry gun is pocket carried with your car keys, you were probably gonna shoot yourself at some point anyway.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Why would dumbazzes put a pocket gun in with other items, like keys???
You can inadvertently put your finger on the trigger when you are drawing the gun out of the Holster.
Even w/o a holster. That's what PRACTICE is for..
If you want to blow your nuts off because your firearm doesn't have a safety, go right ahead. Taurus had a recall on a G1 PT-111 because some of them when off when dropped by accident. I'll stick with a thumb safety.
You can 'inadvertently' drop the safety, hit the trigger too and STILL blow yer nuts off.. I believe there's youtube vids of guys doing that very thing..

smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
If your pocket carry gun is pocket carried with your car keys, you were probably gonna shoot yourself at some point anyway.
EXACTLY..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Guys like gitem use these threads to spew forth BS that have nothing to do with the topic. No constructive posts, except to nit-pik's other people's views and he does not contribute anything at all. I hope he as given up because he won't get anything from me anymore, except some advice on how to spell. Good luck, Dummy.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
EXACTLY..

And should.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys like gitem use these threads to spew forth BS that have nothing to do with the topic. No constructive posts, except to nit-pik's other people's views and he does not contribute anything at all. I hope he as given up because he won't get anything from me anymore, except some advice on how to spell. Good luck, Dummy.

Thank you for your constructive contribution to the thread.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

manipulating a safety comes down to training and muscle memory.

that same training and muscle memory used to defeat things like retention devices on holsters.

I've seen more than a few trained guys who excel on a range compete ly [bleep] bricks when stress in introduced such as force on force training where "bad guys" shoot back at you, to the point they completely forget how to manipulate their holsters

you don't think the same thing could happen with a manual safety?

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 12 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.