Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
George did not use the "stand your ground defense". George was right in what he did, has a jury verdict to prove it. As I implied in my previous post, he seems to be suffering mental anguish. The public disapprobation in liberal circles and his marriage breakup could easily have negative results in someone no matter how correct their actions.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If "Two train loads of stupid" did collide, Zimmerman , was 9mm less stupid.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mental anguish?...it seems to me he has a batcrazy obsession
Why else would he take it upon himself to trespass so he can patrol someone elses place of business after hrs
when not employed to?...especially after going through everything over shooting TM.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by victoro
"The facts support that George put himself in a situation that led to an attack"

What facts are those? If you had watched the trail you'd know some of the actual facts which are:

1) TM was a trespasser in a gated community and his Dad didn't live there, he climbed a fence to get in.
2) GZ wasn't on neighborhood watch the night he shot TM. He was coming home from the grocery store and saw TM walking through the front yard of a home that had been burglarized a couple of weeks earlier looking into the windows.
3) GZ pulled over the curb and called 911 to report a suspicious person.
4) When TM realized GZ was watching him he took off running into the darkness telling his girlfriend on his cell phone that "some crazy ass cracka is following me".
5) GM told the 911 operator that TM ran off and he was going go see if he could figure out where he went so he could tell the cops when they arrived. Even though he was armed he had no intention of confronting TM. The dispatcher told him "We don't need you to do that" and testified that they are trained to say that for liability reasons.
6) TM found a dark hiding place only 100yds from the townhouse where his Father's girlfriend lived (they were out partying) and waited in the dark for 10 minutes to confront GM. When he saw GZ he came out of his hiding place and sucker punched him knocking him down. He then got on top of GM and tried to beat him to death.
7) TM was a violent thug, a burglar, a drug dealer/user, and a gun dealer. The sorry judge blocked all the defense's evidence that proved all these things because she did not want an acquittal in her courtroom. TM would have ended up dead or in prison sooner or later anyway. TM's Dad was a gang member in St. Louis in his younger days. He was a Crip or Blood, I don't remember which.

It's not against the law to follow a suspicious person until the cops arrive and I've done the same thing in my own neighborhood. Just because I want to protect my neighbors doesn't make me a "cop wannabe".

Who the f*ck is GM?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by Steelhead
"The facts support that George put himself in a situation that led to an attack"

What facts are those? If you had watched the trail you'd know some of the actual facts which are:

1) TM was a trespasser in a gated community and his Dad didn't live there, he climbed a fence to get in.
2) GZ wasn't on neighborhood watch the night he shot TM. He was coming home from the grocery store and saw TM walking through the front yard of a home that had been burglarized a couple of weeks earlier looking into the windows.
3) GZ pulled over the curb and called 911 to report a suspicious person.
4) When TM realized GZ was watching him he took off running into the darkness telling his girlfriend on his cell phone that "some crazy ass cracka is following me".
5) GM told the 911 operator that TM ran off and he was going go see if he could figure out where he went so he could tell the cops when they arrived. Even though he was armed he had no intention of confronting TM. The dispatcher told him "We don't need you to do that" and testified that they are trained to say that for liability reasons.
6) TM found a dark hiding place only 100yds from the townhouse where his Father's girlfriend lived (they were out partying) and waited in the dark for 10 minutes to confront GM. When he saw GZ he came out of his hiding place and sucker punched him knocking him down. He then got on top of GM and tried to beat him to death.
7) TM was a violent thug, a burglar, a drug dealer/user, and a gun dealer. The sorry judge blocked all the defense's evidence that proved all these things because she did not want an acquittal in her courtroom. TM would have ended up dead or in prison sooner or later anyway. TM's Dad was a gang member in St. Louis in his younger days. He was a Crip or Blood, I don't remember which.

It's not against the law to follow a suspicious person until the cops arrive and I've done the same thing in my own neighborhood. Just because I want to protect my neighbors doesn't make me a "cop wannabe".

Who the f*ck is GM?

It's a f*cking typo smart**. Should be GZ (George Zimmerman) like in the rest of my comment.

IC B2

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"TM left his fathers fiancees house to go to the shop and return , that would already make him a guest of a resident of that gated community>

Being a guest of a resident didn't give TM the right to walk through another residents front yard (private property) and look into their windows. TM also assaulted GZ on private property. You are obviously a troll that didn't watch the trail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was also under the impression that TM's Dad lived there.

As I recall the community was under alot of stress due to the 2008 financial crisis - a lot of houses were under water, foreclosures etc and the community watch was either created or beefed up with Zimmerman playing a larger role and getting blessed by the police.

Right or wrong in the eyes of the law, what I'm tired of is this African American narrative that Trayvon has the right to look, act and be a thug.

Regardless of skin color you need to recognize that Zimmerman represented some level of authority - and had he (Trayvon) answered with yes sir, no sir and didn't go into his gangster wannabe routine, he'd be at home with his tea and skittles right now.

Being a thug doesn't mean you deserve to get shot, but *not* acting like a punk will certainly increases your chances of living.

Trayvon's daddy should have been aware of the situation and warned his child accordingly.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/22/17.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had Zimmerman himself been black, the incident wouldn't have amounted to more than a small local story.

The most shocking and eye opening was the coordinated media frame up and constant efforts to racialize the incident.
the media displayed pictures of T.M as a 12 year old and
repeatedly played an edited, phony version of the 911 tape to make the incident appear racially motivated when in fact, there was not one shred of evidence of racism on Zimmerman's part.

Last edited by night_owl; 02/22/17.

abusus non tollit usum
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by KFWA

Regardless of skin color you need to recognize that Zimmerman represented some level of authority

really?

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"I was also under the impression that TM's Dad lived there."

Almost everybody did because that's what the MSM was reporting. I watched the whole trail and then checked the MSM to see what they were reporting about it. The MSM lied repeatedly.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toad

Regardless of skin color you need to recognize that Zimmerman represented some level of authority

really?

please expand

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Almost everybody did because that's what the MSM was reporting. I watched the whole trail and then checked the MSM to see what they were reporting about it. The MSM lied repeatedly.

I'm not choosing sides here but I did find this

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I watched some of the trial, too.

The minute I heard the verbatim reading for the jury of the Florida "Stand Your Ground" law, I knew then and there he couldn't be convicted.

In a room full of liberals, I turned to my buddy and said "If they follow the letter of the law, they can't convict him. The jury cannot return a guilty verdict".

Must of had twenty pairs of stink-eye on me. grin

Stand your ground had nothing to do with Zimmerman's defense. He was pinned on his back by Trayvon when he fired. He couldn't have fled. It was only read by the judge because that was required by state law.

The truth is that the prosecutor's case alone prove Zimmerman's innocence. The only reason he was brought to trial was that it helped Tyrant Obama the Liar lie his way into office. He was able to use this shooting to inflame the racist hate of blacks and thereby motivate them to vote.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

really?

please expand

GZ had no more 'authority' than TM in that situation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only facts that matter are that Travon assaulted Zimmerman using deadly force and Zimmerman defended himself with deadly force.

Last edited by ConradCA; 02/22/17.

[Linked Image from ]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
agreed. it is simply an altercation. but if you follow people around in the dark, don't be surprised if you find your head getting smacked on the concrete.

and if you are smacking somebody's head on the concrete, don't be surprised if you get shot.

stupid vs. stupid.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If Zimmerman called the police and then followed a suspected burglar awaiting the arrival of the police, I'd say Zimmerman was taking a dangerous course of action.
He may or may not have acted stupidly, we'll never know.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm not choosing sides here but I did find this

[Linked Image]

I did find this which came out in the trial

"In testimony Tuesday, Wendy Dorival, who worked as the volunteer program coordinator for the Sanford Police Department, said she made a presentation to facilitate a neighborhood watch program in 2011 for residents of Retreat at Twin Lakes, where Zimmeran lived and Trayvon was visiting a friend of his father's on the night he was killed."

so it appears his dad did not live there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was it material to Zimmerman's defense whether Martin was a trespasser or invitee?
That's something that could confuse a jury and should have been excluded.

Last edited by night_owl; 02/22/17.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

really?

please expand

GZ had no more 'authority' than TM in that situation.

I guess it depends on how you define authority. He was in a police sanctioned neighborhood watch that the neighborhood knew existed. There was a history of the neighborhood watch following suspicious people so it wasn't new to the community.

Now Travyon wasn't probably wasn't aware of that, but it was a gated community.

So I'm not saying he had a badge or a right to do whatever - but he was in a position to be recognized by the residents (and the police) as someone looking out for community.

My point is mainly however is that Trayvon made a choice on how to react to someone - and he got shot for his failure to understand the situation he was in.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 260Remguy, 264magnum, 270cowboy, 57 invisible), 2,407 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,428
Posts18,489,229
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.