IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by cisco1

SHOOT - SHOVEL - and SHUT-UP.

Cisco, what a person do with the collar if they have one. Ones i saw in NM had them.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Cisco, what a person do with the collar if they have one. Ones i saw in NM had them.

The collars don't automatically emit signals unless they are turned on by the tracking device, or are immobile for over 24 hours.

If tossed onto an 18 wheeler at the nearest truck stop, it confuses things. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Thanks Barry. Btw, those things dont come in to a call like a coyote does if a vehicle has driven within their hearing range.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Go to DNR field Office and put it in one of there trucks....DNR in Michigan not getting the BIG Federal money any more to do tracking may take weeks to find the collar....before 2014 DNR would fly weekly checking pack locations....

Years back had someone put a collar on a logging truck from Michigan's UP.....found it in Wisconsin log yard...collar went over 100 miles in one day.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Barry. Btw, those things dont come in to a call like a coyote does if a vehicle has driven within their hearing range.

I called and killed one.

It took a long time to come to the call. IIRC, it was 30-45 minutes.

That was in far west Texas.

So much for them staying where they are supposed to. whistle

I called a TPWD guy I knew and told him I had killed a wolf.,,

He told me that I had NOT killed a wolf, but a feral dog of some sort, because Texas had no wolves, and therefore anything I shot was a feral dog. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We have been in Salmon, Id. since Monday afternoon looking for Wolves.
There is still a lot of snow w/ fresh fall yesterday,spent the day snowshoeing through 12" w/ breakable crust. Hard work for old peoplegrin. We made 4 stands w/ my e-caller and a lot of howling but no response. I did see my 1st fresh tracks which after 6 years of hunting was a rush. A single set but better than nothing.

Getting ready to head out now to continue the hunt in this gorgeous country, hope we can find some firmer snow.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
There is still a lot of snow w/ fresh fall yesterday,spent the day snowshoeing through 12" w/ breakable crust. Hard work for old peoplegrin. We made 4 stands w/ my e-caller and a lot of howling but no response. I did see my 1st fresh tracks which after 6 years of hunting was a rush. A single set but better than nothing.

Getting ready to head out now to continue the hunt in this gorgeous country, hope we can find some firmer snow.

mike r

I tracked 3 of them for miles once.

Pretty easy to track. They never veered far off course. A coyote will meander wildly, back and forth... wolves travel pretty much in a straight line.

Never caught sight of them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The one I found ran straight up the valley for about 1/2 a mile then turned into a side canyon. The fresh snow and angles made for more of an avalanche hazard than I would risk. Actually I was gassed and had to slog 3 miles back to the truck, it was a great workout and a spectacular day. Easy Scouting today and a dawn start tomorrow! I love this place and wolf hunting makes it even better.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I lived in Vanderhoof BC in the early 80's. I remember one of the families that I was friends with. They ran cattle, and regularly shot wolves. They used rifles chambered in 6mm Rem. It was pretty good medicine on them.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The collars don't automatically emit signals unless they are turned on by the tracking device, or are immobile for over 24 hours.

If tossed onto an 18 wheeler at the nearest truck stop, it confuses things. grin

wrapped around a beach ball and tossed into the river works good too!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Mike, come up here when you are done. had a moose calf pulled down at the end of my drive way a week ago.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by kingston
[Linked Image]

Nice family picture, but your daughter is fat and ugly...I already banged your wife

you sic phuc......... crazy

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Be careful, I may take you up on that. I am guessing you guys have had more snow than Salmon? I was in Bonner's Ferry for almost 2 weeks around Labor Day, that is some seriously thick growth around there, how do you find the critters w/out bait?

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 725 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.