Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Paul_PA Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I am looking to purchase the above. Prefer the black stock or if someone had one painted or swapped stocks I would go that route too. Doesn't matter if its the older T3 or newer T3X version. Closest Sportsmans to me is 8hrs away or I would just go purchase a new one myself.

Thanks

GB1

P
Paul_PA Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Bump.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Don't blame you. Solid rifle

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Don't blame you. Solid rifle

Pretty fair shooters, too.

[Linked Image]

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Paul_PA Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
bump

IC B2

P
Paul_PA Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I would even be willing to pay someone to grab one for me from a sportsmans and ship it to my ffl.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Better check "Straw Purchase" via ATF laws...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I believe Sportsmans will ship it to your FFL. You can call a store and have it shipped to your FFL for a nominal fee. They did that at one time, but it has been a few years ago.

P
Paul_PA Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
Thank you. I will give them a call and check.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Here is one for you Paul PA. Tikkas are awesome rifles. https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/38408

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 65BR

I believe, as long as it is shipped to the OP's FFL dealer and he must show ID, etc., it is not a straw purchase. Doing it that way he must show either CCP or do background check. OP should inquire of his FFL guy; but, I believe that to be correct. In that way he is in no way avoiding the necessary paperwork for the purchase.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

I believe, as long as it is shipped to the OP's FFL dealer and he must show ID, etc., it is not a straw purchase. Doing it that way he must show either CCP or do background check. OP should inquire of his FFL guy; but, I believe that to be correct. In that way he is in no way avoiding the necessary paperwork for the purchase.

Agree as long as it's shipped to to an FFL, he'll still have to file paperwork.

SW will nottship to an FFL, at least nine that I called would.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was simply stating if the OP wanted someone to buy one, doing paperwork, then shipping from that person to the OP, it might be an issue. Just trying to keep folks out of trouble.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I was simply stating if the OP wanted someone to buy one, doing paperwork, then shipping from that person to the OP, it might be an issue. Just trying to keep folks out of trouble.

That's a good call. I generally assume folks know that must ship to an FFL.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
It is an issue, it's a straw purchase! How they get you is the the first yes/no question, is this gun for you? If you say "yes" and you were buying it for someone else then you lied on the form and committed a straw purchase which is a felony. There was a recent Supreme Court decision on this involving a police officer buying a handgun from Bud's with a police discount, the pistol was for his uncle, the uncle wanted the police discount and he wasn't a cop so he had his nephew from Virginia (I think) buy it, he transferred it at my FFL in Easton, Pa and then his uncle gave him the money and the uncle had the pistol. How they got caught, there was some lifetime warranty and the uncle registered the pistol like 3 days after it was sold to a resident of Va. and Bud's notified the ATF (the warranty was with Bud's and saw the person who registered it was not the person who bought it), never do this!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sako - what you describe is the definition of s straw purchase. The nephew didn't transfer the gun.

I'm not a legal expert, but if what the op asked is not legal, how can we sell guns and ship to an FFL?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"I would even be willing to pay someone to grab one for me from a sportsmans and ship it to my ffl."

I read that - as it was written. Didn't say the store ship. "Someone grab one from" i.e. Pay for and ship; not pay the store And the store ship.

Not trying to start a fire. Rather prevent one.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
There are ALOT or men out there who buy long guns for their sons to get them started into deer hunting so I guess we have alot of dads who are felons.

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
P
Paul_PA Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
P
I am sorry guys. I didnt mean to stir up a hornets nest here with this. What I was thinking in asking I assumed would be no different than buying a used gun directly from here. Someone buys the gun as if it was his, then sells it back to me and ships to my ffl. Didnt think it would be any different than what happens on here every day with other gun sales.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You didn't stir up a hornets nest. There is a lot of good information here and a lot of good points to consider and really no animosity expressed at all. Everybody is just trying to help keep one another out of, potentially, serious trouble. You want to store up a hornets nest. Go to the optics's forum and post in your opinion that brand "x" makes the best scope or the long range hunting forum and post in your opinion you prefer "x" bullet. The hornets will swarm.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 46 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.