Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just a reminder of what we (Nationally) are dealing with:

https://youtu.be/RBqjZ0KZCa0

"Somebody needs to be held accountable"....... because Lord knows pumping out 15 kids with no way to support them shouldn't be her responsibility 😡.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted By 4ager
I'm not making a religious argument, as I am basing the argument on fundamentalist American ideals and not on religion. I've not once based my opposition to abortion on any faith. You're trying to paint it that way, and it's completely false. Since there is no religious basis to my argument, there is no need to cite any verses.

As to being fundamentally American; yep, that's my argument.

You mean fundamentally bullshit.

The true American way would be freedom of choice and independence, while you want to play dictator and tell others how to live.

Your a hypocrite and a control freak as well as being a professional bullshitter.

Seems you've proven yourself both a liar (saying you have me in ignore and only read what is quoted) as well as a coward. Congratulations; that's a pair to be proud of.

You still have no argument other than legalism, and that one fails miserably.

Your screeching like a bitch only adds to the satisfaction of knowing you've been bested and have nothing left to bring to the table.

But, carry on...your melting snowflake and shrill responses are enjoyable.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Abortion is homicide, people kill each other for all kinds of reasons and justify it in just as many ways, human life has always been expendable... cracks me up when folks try to deny that truth.

Our umbrella of protection from others is small in reality, a few care if we live or die, if your mama don't want you to live chances are you won't.

Why be an apologist for homicide/abortion... be proud, carry a sign, kill another.

My give a chit for folks that support homicide and then caterwaul how they have rights and need personal protection to live is nonexistent, protect yourself without my support or tax dollars... good luck.

Kent

Exactly. There is justifiable homicide, and those parameters are well defined, and there is unjustified homicide.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by RWE
So, is anything that does not directly affect a person ok as its "not their business" ?

That covers most things quite well.
I realize you're just trying to use an extreme generalization though.

It especially applies to "moral" issues since "morals" are a matter of opinion.

Religion is the same thing. If you like yours, that's fine.
You just can't force it on anyone else.

Yet, you are advocating the lethal force of one's judgment/decisions upon another, and basing it on....legality?

Glad to know you would sit idly by whilst slavery, or a Holocaust, or the Chinese "Great Leap Forward" happened, and that you are content sitting idly by while slavery in the ME, female genital mutilation happens in many areas, women are kept as chattel goods across the Muslim world, and of course while child and spousal abuse happens in your neighborhood. Those things are "none of your business" as they don't impact you directly, and you certainly cannot claim to be one to impose your morals (since you have none) upon anyone else.

Thanks for playing; you lose.

Now, whine like a bitch, then run off and go cry again. It's the only play you have.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Homicide and it''s justification should be individually accessed, this includes abortion... or we should just go pick up dead bodies from roads, homes, bombings, shootings, wars.. and throw them in a mass grave of 'cullings' and not question the why.

Kent

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Homicide and it''s justification should be individually accessed, this includes abortion... or we should just go pick up dead bodies from roads, homes, bombings, shootings, wars.. and throw them in a mass grave of 'cullings' and not question the why.

Kent

Exactly. Re: abortion - self-defense laws are well-defined and solid. If they fit those parameters, so be it. Mere convenience does not fit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is exactly why we need more than two parties. I believe 80% of what most conservatives do, yet the remaining 20% make me view them as fundamentalist religious nut cases just like the muzzies....and they view me as a murderous hate filled noncaring sob.

The truth is, I just want people to make their own choices and live with them and stop being dependant upon the government to micromanage our lives.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by high_country_
This is exactly why we need more than two parties. I believe 80% of what most conservatives do, yet the remaining 20% make me view them as fundamentalist religious nut cases just like the muzzies....and they view me as a murderous hate filled noncaring sob.

The truth is, I just want people to make their own choices and live with them and stop being dependant upon the government to micromanage our lives.

I agree with that wholeheartedly, and the fact that you are implying that I am a "fundamentalist religious nutcase" makes me laugh. That is rather hysterically funny.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Squidge
From a scientific point consciousness seems pretty clear to me, it is the ability to respond or react to stimuli.

From a biblical point of "being known", is this similar to "I think, therefore I am", or something else?

One can choose to travel the road of speculation or the road of revelation.

It takes some effort to untangle revelation into the morass of speculation.

So often one's world view prevails, backed only by one's personal bias. We see that so prevelant in today's politics and news cycles. After a while Truth gets trampled into the muck of relativism, where good is called evil and evil is called good.

DF

JoeMama Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does an embryo have consciousness? <b>The ability to react to stimuli</b> and feel pain or comfort?

This is EXTREMELY useful information.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been frustrated by sales people who are so involved with their Obama phones that I was unable to get their attention.

I am sure that my attorney will be thrilled to have the benefit of your legal reasoning AFTER I shoot all the non-sentient millennials that are in range.

***Humor***

I am a conservative with a lowercase "c".
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The problems that the defenders of abortion face start with biology, followed by logic, and the Constitution (supported by philosophy and morality).

First, they must try to deny the biological fact that the child is human, which cannot be done. Logically, then, that child must be a distinct human and therefore a person, which they must also attempt to deny and that denial fails.

If the child is, in fact, a human and therefore a person, then it ought to be protected by the Constitution as would any other person. To deny this goes against the philosophical and moral underpinnings of American culture that holds that all men/persons are created equal, and that all are entitled to the life, livery, and the pursuit of happiness. In order for the pro-abortion stance to be justified, they must deny those rights to the child and they must hold that the mother has rights beyond that of any other person (that to simply kill another person for mere convenience). Those are anathemas to the Constitution and to the foundation of American freedoms.

In the end, they are left with having to defend an indefensible position that denies biology and logic, goes against the Constitution and thus the moral and philosophical basis of America, and they must hold that some are created inferior to others while others are created superior to the rest. To base a position like that, justified only by legalism echoes perfectly with the claims of slave traders, Nazis, Chinese communists, and the most hard-line of Islamists. They will, of course, attempt to deny this as well, but facts prove plainly otherwise.

Your argument falls at it's first premise.

An embryo is not a child, it is an embryo.

Is the DNA human, or not? The embryonic stage is very short, between conception and implantation, and abortion does not occur during this stage. The embryo, once implantation takes place, is a HUMAN fetus, by definition a human offspring, ergo a child. That's biology, and undeniable, though you must try to deny it as everything else stems from it.

Implantation doesn't occur until up to week 4, so are you ok with abortifacients up to week 4?

If the embryo is not implanted, it cannot be viable. Not being "okay" with that process would also call into question the millions/billions of fertilized eggs (embryos) in frozen stasis in reproductive facilities.

I have never, not once, wavered from the implantation stance.

Beyond implantation, there is the traditional rule of self-defense (not mere convenience), and that covers the rare exceptions within pregnancies that abortionists reach for when cornered.

That's because your a decent lawyer and have studied the opposition position enough to understand how your argument would collapse if you wavered from it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by JoeMama
Does an embryo have consciousness? <b>The ability to react to stimuli</b> and feel pain or comfort?

This is EXTREMELY useful information.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been frustrated by sales people who are so involved with their Obama phones that I was unable to get their attention.

I am sure that my attorney will be thrilled to have the benefit of your legal reasoning AFTER I shoot all the non-sentient millennials that are in range.

***Humor***

Around here you don't have to worry about shooting them. They have this habit of putting in their earphone and playing with their phones while crossing the light rail tracks.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted By Squidge
From a scientific point consciousness seems pretty clear to me, it is the ability to respond or react to stimuli.

From a biblical point of "being known", is this similar to "I think, therefore I am", or something else?

Plants respond and react to stimuli.
Single cell organisms do too.
What the bible says doesn't matter any more that what the koran says.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Samson killed a thousand with the jawbone of an ass...

Kent

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Too bad we don't have that on tape.

Would be interesting to watch.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

DF

Right? Almost nothing important that has EVER happened has been "on tape". I'm beginning to doubt that anything important has ever happened.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

DF

Right? Almost nothing important that has EVER happened has been "on tape". I'm beginning to doubt that anything important has ever happened.

That could be analogous to an all too common concept of religion.

If I can't figure it out, if I can't explain it, it's questionable at best... cry

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Damn, Sampson had snyper's jawbone?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ingwe lent him his 223ai jawbone... 8 twist...

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

DF

That could be analogous to an all too common concept of religion.

If I can't figure it out, if I can't explain it, it's questionable at best... cry

DF

Maybe, but you can't prove it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,608 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,248
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.