Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
broomd Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just got off the phone with Mark in service at Leica, I needed a televid zoom twist-up eyecup. Quick phone pickup and right to the issue. Parts are on the way, gratis.

Nice to see Leica really making strides with service. I've never had an issue, but I know others have.
My last two service issues were minor but Leica gets an A+ for diligence.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hope they continue on that track.
They make great equipment but have always had poor customer service for the most part.

Good news has always been that their stuff doesn't fail very often............

broomd Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Agreed, pretty solid glass.

Just got a call from Leica. They asked that I actually send in this zoom e/p, the ball bearing/sleeve assembly is tricky to install in their opinion and they want it 100% right. They use a small spanner.
They also mentioned cleaning, inspecting and lubricating the eyepiece while they have it.
I'll send this in tomorrow and will post the overall experience.

We know that Swarvoski has set an incredible bar for service, but nice to see Leica interacting on behalf of the consumer.
Their glass has always been stellar.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've always had good luck with Leica products, and as you mentioned it is stellar glass.
Some of their binoculars are as good as anything I've ever used, and I've had all of the alpha brands.
Still have an older set of 12x50s that are exceptional and a pair of 8-12 duovids. Only complaint is how heavy they are, but I guess that's why they are built like a tank.

Swarovski does have exceptional customer service, but truth be told, I've had to use it pretty often on riflescope issues ; great glass, but not so much on everything else on those scopes as far as durability goes IME.
Spotting scopes and binoculars have been great though.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well I have sent three emails to leica service to try and get a pair of 8x42 Trinovid refurbished in the last month and not one has been answered. Still not consistent service.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ouch.

Thanks for the link. I also got my answer (from the supplied link) to a recent inquiry to Doug regarding the ER5 1.5x8 scope - the scope that was announced in late 2015. eek

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by joelbiltz
Well I have sent three emails to leica service to try and get a pair of 8x42 Trinovid refurbished in the last month and not one has been answered. Still not consistent service.

If you are talking about the 70/80s era Trinovids....I don't think they work on them any more....Give Company Seven a call about a refurb

gunut
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by broomd
Just got off the phone with Mark in service at Leica, I needed a televid zoom twist-up eyecup. Quick phone pickup and right to the issue. Parts are on the way, gratis.

Nice to see Leica really making strides with service. I've never had an issue, but I know others have.
My last two service issues were minor but Leica gets an A+ for diligence.

After Leupold, Leica has consistently provided the best customer service in our experience. Zeiss SUCKS, Swaro is adequate...

Leica absolutely lives to their contractual agreement...and I'm fine with that. We started with Leica and Zeiss in the 1980's becuse of rep. Leica instituted their Passport warranty which was the BEST IN THE BUSINESS, and one of the reasons we gravitated to them, other than a view that suited the hunter more than any. and after owning seven of their binoculars, and two spotting scopes have needed service on ONE of the binos - and it was fixed at no cost, no questions asked after 12 years...

Curious as to the ACTUAL EXPERIENCE with Leica of the negative posters...did they not live up to their CONTRACTUAL obligations?

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
broomd Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Call them, Joel.

I tried calling them last year with an issue, and getting through to them was tough. The other times over the years things went smoothly and quickly.

As was mentioned, Company 7 is pretty good about communication/service, but there may be cost involved. That may be the case with either entity.

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I had some geovid questions for them a couple weeks ago so I emailed looking for tech support.
The next day I was CC'd on an email from a supervisor to a tech guy asking him to answer my questions, which he did within a couple hours. I followed up with a couple more questions 2 days in row...all were answered the same day.
A pleasant experience for sure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

My favorite line from that thread, "I'm a customer of a $3200 pair of binoculars, not the Leica Management Life Coach."

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Journeyman

After Leupold, Leica has consistently provided the best customer service in our experience. Zeiss SUCKS, Swaro is adequate...

Please provide a reference for the bolded pronoun.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For the record, I own a Leica ULTRAVID HD Plus binocular purchased from CLNY last Fall.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Call them, Joel.

I tried calling them last year with an issue, and getting through to them was tough. The other times over the years things went smoothly and quickly.

As was mentioned, Company 7 is pretty good about communication/service, but there may be cost involved. That may be the case with either entity.

Thanks Frank. I will try to give them a call.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Just spoke with them Friday about some new objective covers for my Geovids. Very polite and sending them my way at no charge.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I understand Leica's warranty only covers the original purchaser, with the receipt in his hand, for a stated number of years.

Is that right?

If so, they're not listening to EVERYTHING we want!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Call them, Joel.

Thanks Frank. I will try to give them a call.

This. I always call, never Email. Even Leupold has failed to answer Emails I sent them in the past.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by czech1022
I understand Leica's warranty only covers the original purchaser, with the receipt in his hand, for a stated number of years.

Is that right?

So, what you want is their lifetime warranty transferable to second hand purchasers?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
Originally Posted by czech1022

Is that right?

So, what you want is their lifetime warranty transferable to second hand purchasers?

Leica needs to get a clue and get in step with their primary "alpha" competition. Nobody else commands premium prices with such a schitttty warranty. It's a shame because they have good products.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

427 members (1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 43 invisible), 1,738 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,464
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.