Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
1234 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
sent a rifle to be rebored about three weeks ago, from 25 cal. to 35 whelen. came back today looks great, feels smooth running a patch through it.got it roughly sighted in with some old handloads. just impressed with the service.

Ed

HR IC

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It took three weeks. Man must be slammed. The two I have had done the rifle was out of my hands for less than 7 business days.

“Lighten up Francis”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is a lengthy thread on AR about a 35 he did that blew up.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by micky
It took three weeks. Man must be slammed. The two I have had done the rifle was out of my hands for less than 7 business days.

Agreed both mine were from Alaska to Oregon and back in less than 2 weeks.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sorry, I posted the thread that Ted mentioned on AR, but had to remove it. I haven't been there in almost 10 years and just looked around.

I'd be more ashamed about reading that goat f*ckers forum than I would about JES doing 1000 rifles for me. Anyone that clicks on that site which is run by a bunch of liberal ass, [bleep], is one.

Last edited by Steelhead; 03/03/17.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Don't really care who runs it. It's about the members and information posted there.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by KenMi
Don't really care who runs it. It's about the members and information posted there.

An anti-American idiot runs something and gains money from doing so. They you say " I don't care if I help anti-Americans make money, just so long as I can read about a neato rifles"

That's Yankee thinking for you RIGHT there.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
He did my 2 barrels in about 7-10 days. Very good work at a fair price. I don't care what has been written about Jes, I would sure send him more business.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead

An anti-American idiot runs something and gains money from doing so. They you say " I don't care if I help anti-Americans make money, just so long as I can read about a neato rifles"

You really have schit for brains

Last edited by Jkob; 03/03/17.

+Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Jkob

You really have schit for brains

Is your wife telling you stories again, you f'ing hack.

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 1234
sent a rifle to be rebored about three weeks ago, from 25 cal. to 35 whelen. came back today looks great, feels smooth running a patch through it.got it roughly sighted in with some old handloads. just impressed with the service.

Ed

I bought a rusty bored pre-64 270 from Oregon, sent it to JES for a rebore to 338-06, bought an old Pacific Research stock from Jorge, took it all to my 'Smith along with a set of Leupold DD rings and bases, he black matte cerakoted all metal, he even found and installed a stainless M-70 trigger for me, then bedded it all into the stock.

I brought it home and mounted a 2.5-8 Leupold and worked up a load featuring the 210 gr Partition at 2800 fps, it's one of the finest shooting, lightest carrying hunting rifles I have, couldn't be more pleased.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a Kimber Montana re-bored to 338-06 by him. Haven't had much time to play with loads but quickly found RL15 and 185 gr TTSX around 0.85" with ease.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
How much does it cost to rebore? I have a rifle with a Buhmiller barrel on it in 22-250. I would like to rebore to 6.5-06. I don't know if rifle was made by Buhmiller or just has one of his barrels.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K

My going on that site does absolutely nothing to line his pockets. I don't buy any of the A.R branded crap, don't watch his videos, don't donate to the site, and don't support any site sponsors because I see an ad there. I have purchased many items from members there, and many members have purchased stuff from me. Those were Americans making money, and giving ZERO percentage of it to the site that was hosting their ads. And, when I'm in discussion there, I am in discussion with fellow hunters, fellow gun owners, and fellow Americans.

Can't say the same for Ebay and Paypal. About 13% of every transaction is going to support 2 companies that are widely reported to be anti-gun. But, yes, I do sell there, and last I checked, they have probably made $4500 in fees from my sales. But, I'm not doing it for the company, that's for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Sorry, I posted the thread that Ted mentioned on AR, but had to remove it. I haven't been there in almost 10 years and just looked around.

I'd be more ashamed about reading that goat f*ckers forum than I would about JES doing 1000 rifles for me. Anyone that clicks on that site which is run by a bunch of liberal ass, [bleep], is one.

Big +1

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

My going on that site does absolutely nothing to line his pockets. I don't buy any of the A.R branded crap, don't watch his videos, don't donate to the site, and don't support any site sponsors because I see an ad there. I have purchased many items from members there, and many members have purchased stuff from me. Those were Americans making money, and giving ZERO percentage of it to the site that was hosting their ads. And, when I'm in discussion there, I am in discussion with fellow hunters, fellow gun owners, and fellow Americans.

I'm not an internet ad guru, so I may be totally wrong. But don't advertisers pay him according to how many clicks his site generates while their ads are there?

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I do not believe there are any advertisements on the AR site at all. It seems to be funded solely by the site's owner.

1234 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P.M. sent to hanco.

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Politics and nationality aside

AR has no adds or sponsors nor does it charge any fees. No flash media or fishing.

I stay out of the political forum and most of the other forums don't get the traffic they once did. The African forums are the mainstay reason most of that site runs today.

The AR site owner films lengthy amature safari videos each year. For years they were on DVD's and now they are on large memory flash drives.

He gives these away to anyone who wants them at zero cost. He even covers the international shipping.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Damn. That bursts the bubble on a possible front for international terrorism funding.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

311 members (17Fan, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1100mag, 1beaver_shooter, 264mag, 40 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,077
Posts18,501,567
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.