Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I don't want to go back and look but what GMU did this occur in? Ellensburg or Teanaway?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

J
JDHasty Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
You know damn well that the bull was shot in GMU 334 and then it was transported to GMU 328 whole before being field dressed

Last edited by JDHasty; 03/07/17.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hey JUdman it is purely for entertainment! I could give a $hit less if he kills every elk in that pi$$hole state just love to get people stirred up!! Oh yeah you can't say god damn on here the bible thumps will chastise you !!! hahahahha

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mohick
Hey JUdman it is purely for entertainment! I could give a $hit less if he kills every elk in that pi$$hole state just love to get people stirred up!! Oh yeah you can't say god damn on here the bible thumps will chastise you !!! hahahahha

Back to single wide last guess. JD wants your number he needs a new hunting spot his was ruined by the raffle. 😄🤣🤣😂

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JDHasty
You know damn well that the bull was shot in GMU 334
rude statements like this is why I block folks... you won.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've followed this case on the forum since the beginning. I have no inside knowledge, just what I've read. Here is my take (let me know what I have wrong).

Given:
Tod Riechert is very rich.
He uses his money and relies on "guides".
He gets raffle permits and governor tags in many states each year.
He shot Bullwinkle (a somewhat tame bull) in a closed unit for that permit.
Calls were made from TR's guide to WDFW.
Questions were asked about the use of a muzzleloader since it was a firearm restricted area and because the bull was sort of a celebrity.

Was it illegal to shoot the bull? Yes.
Should TR have known it was illegal? Yes.
Should TR's guide have known it was illegal? Yes.
Should WDFW have readily known it was illegal? Yes.
Did a wdfw officer give the okay? It seems so.....Yes.

It seems that TR relied on his guide to know the rules and the guide read the permit rules and decided that because GMU 334 allowed "true spike" hunting he reasoned that it then allowed branched bull hunting. Now, whether or not his reasoning is flawed doesn't matter because he obviously wasn't 100% sure on his reasoning so he calls WDFW. Seems that at least a couple of calls were exchanged and someone at wdfw agreed with the guide's reasoning and gave him the go ahead.

Seems like most of the outrage should be toward the WDFW employee that gave the go-ahead. Seems like if it is true that WDFW gave the go-ahead, then it is b.s. that when WDFW investigated that they came to the conclusion to prosecute. How do they decide it's a good idea to prosecute when their employee said to shoot? (Of course maybe I'm wrong and WDFW did not give permission, but it is starting to seem like they did.)

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of screw-ups happening in this case and lots of blame to be had. I think WDFW is probably fortunate that the judge threw it out based on a technicality.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by SD300
I've followed this case on the forum since the beginning. I have no inside knowledge, just what I've read. Here is my take (let me know what I have wrong).

Given:
Tod Riechert is very rich.
He uses his money and relies on "guides".
He gets raffle permits and governor tags in many states each year.
He shot Bullwinkle (a somewhat tame bull) in a closed unit for that permit.
Calls were made from TR's guide to WDFW.
Questions were asked about the use of a muzzleloader since it was a firearm restricted area and because the bull was sort of a celebrity.

Was it illegal to shoot the bull? Yes.
Should TR have known it was illegal? Yes.
Should TR's guide have known it was illegal? Yes.
Should WDFW have readily known it was illegal? Yes.
Did a wdfw officer give the okay? It seems so.....Yes.

It seems that TR relied on his guide to know the rules and the guide read the permit rules and decided that because GMU 334 allowed "true spike" hunting he reasoned that it then allowed branched bull hunting. Now, whether or not his reasoning is flawed doesn't matter because he obviously wasn't 100% sure on his reasoning so he calls WDFW. Seems that at least a couple of calls were exchanged and someone at wdfw agreed with the guide's reasoning and gave him the go ahead.

Seems like most of the outrage should be toward the WDFW employee that gave the go-ahead. Seems like if it is true that WDFW gave the go-ahead, then it is b.s. that when WDFW investigated that they came to the conclusion to prosecute. How do they decide it's a good idea to prosecute when their employee said to shoot? (Of course maybe I'm wrong and WDFW did not give permission, but it is starting to seem like they did.)

Anyway, there seems to be a lot of screw-ups happening in this case and lots of blame to be had. I think WDFW is probably fortunate that the judge threw it out based on a technicality.

This is the most reasonable and thought out opinion on here. its spot on and I thank you.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 22 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 983 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,916
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.