Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
By far some of the dumbest crap I've ever seen pulled on the highway has been by truckers. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to remind me that all truckers are consummate professionals that never do anything stupid or reckless.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The truck driver no speaky Engles.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
A lot of the so called "truck drivers" cant' even speak English. I worked on these roads for over 30 years. They give idiots drivers license's.
They follow a GPS that says this is the shortest route. They are payed to drive, not to think.
I'll bet the driver was a none English speaking "emigrant". Seen it a thousand times.

Last edited by wyowinchester; 03/08/17.

If you hunt with your kids. You should not have to hunt for your kids.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
South of Hansen, ID is a road that goes up to a snowmobile area where it ends in the winter. In the summer, you can take it to Oakley, ID although it's a dirt single track for a good part of the way. One winter, lots of years ago, a trucker took it in the winter to bypass a scale. He got to the snowmobile area and just kept on going, past the parking lot, and right onto the unplowed road where he buried it thoroughly. It was during a stormy period with lots of new snow and wind. It took over a week to dig him out because it kept drifting back in. The newspaper ran daily photos of the digging progress. I can't even guess what it cost the idiot.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
By far some of the dumbest crap I've ever seen pulled on the highway has been by truckers. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to remind me that all truckers are consummate professionals that never do anything stupid or reckless.

I average ~ 20K miles of highway driving a year and I will not be the one to correct you.

More and more companies are hiring anyone who walks through the door with a CDL because drivers are in such short supply. Add in the NAFTA crew that Obama unleashed on us, and there are a lot more problem children pushing iron now than ever before.

Go sit in a Pilot or Loves truck stop for a while and take a look at some of the folks who pull their rigs into the lots.

Pretty scary.

Y'all be safe out there!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same reason I90 passes between MT and ID get jacked up every other day, because some fugg stain doesn't think he needs chains when the chains required sign is out. Then instead of stopping when they get stuck, they go full freaking retard and spin the tires until they are fully jack knifed across all possible lanes blocking traffic until a tow rig get get them pulled out.

Chit like that should be automatic 6 months suspension first offense and permanent revocation the second.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
All them foreign numbnuts....

Ya gotta do something that they will remember, and the word will get around....

Castrating their left nut with as broken beer bottle would make them heed those signs and I bet you the word will get around regardless of what language they speak or don't.... whistle

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Two or three winters ago, I was driving west in thick freezing fog out of Bliss toward Glenns Ferry. I could see good enough to go about 45. Truck after truck passed me going downhill at about 80. Guess what I found at the bottom of the hill. Same deal as the eastbound side just before starting the climb out of the river canyon - trucks all over the sides of the road.....sideways, on their sides, etc. At least they had the courtesy to not block the road.

Ladd Canyon over in eastern Oregon.....being blocked by jacknifed trucks has gotten so predictable that they close it down almost at the drop of the first snowflake.

Friend of mine made good cash money while laid off one winter not too long ago, cruising the bottom of the hill for truckers that didn't know how to install snow chains. They just sat there in line, waiting their turn, while he collected hundreds for a few hours of work.

Real pros.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't want to sit here and just generally bash truck drivers. Like every other profession there are thousands of them and it's only a certain percentage that truly suck. Some of these guys we're talking about right now probably just made one bad decision on that particular day. Who knows why. Any other day and they'd be considered a good driver. Happens to all of us. For the ones that are just doofus's with a CDL, I have nothing but contempt.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
watch a few episodes of Hiway thru Hell on youtube and you will never want to drive the Hiways again.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I don't want to sit here and just generally bash truck drivers. Like every other profession there are thousands of them and it's only a certain percentage that truly suck. Some of these guys we're talking about right now probably just made one bad decision on that particular day. Who knows why. Any other day and they'd be considered a good driver. Happens to all of us. For the ones that are just doofus's with a CDL, I have nothing but contempt.

+1

Years ago, I saw a truck coming to the dead end where I was fishing. Poor guy was sent that way by another trucker, telling him it was a short cut. Don't know what he did to deserve that. Took him all day to get turned around.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire

Gee that's my neighborhood.... your company isn't the only one...

makes me wonder if such drivers aren't Mexicans....

on the way down to the Tonto Basin, in Nevada at the Junction of US 95 and US 6, north of Tonopah, they were doing road construction...

I came thru there at 10 at night... the road was blocked, and was told the highway was closed...

they had had the road, with one lane closed and a Pilot Car to lead traffic thru the 10 miles of construction...

earlier at 3 PM, they had a batch of cars lined up, waiting for the pilot car... and some Semi didn't want to stop for it all...so he just accelerated around past the flaggers...

Unfortunately a semi was heading out of the North Bound traffic, that the pilot car had just brought thru... the Renegade Trucker, either had the choice of hitting that Semi Head at about 80 mph, or crash into a bunch of parked cars with people who'd been waiting for their turn to follow the pilot car...

he chose the latter.... Killed 5 people, plus messed up a bunch of others...at the time they were sure how many he'd killed, because officials and emergency crews hadn't got their to respond.... even by 10 Pm, the dead were still in the cars they had been killed in...

The south bound truck that didn't want to stop was driven by a Mexican, high on meth, cabin smelled like he'd been smoking dope which was found in the cab, along with empty alcohol bottles.... he's here illegally.. driving for some Trucking outfit ( Hispanic Owned) out of LA....

I took the 150 mile detour.. a lot of other vehicles idling around at 10 PM were there, as they didn't have the fuel to take the detour... there was no fuel on it... they needed to fill up in Tonopah... heard they opened the road about 7 the next morning...

had my wife, who I called at home, looking for it being on the news, and all she found was that the highway was closed, and not much else... guess the politically correct media didn't want to slander an upstanding Mexican Citizen.....

and the 5 people killed just didn't matter...

I got my story from one of the Highway Workers, who was directing people where to turn 5 miles down the detour... he was out there by himself and no other vehicles in sight...

I wonder if they just deported the Mexican...

he'd been deported multiple times according to the Highway worker, who got that from one of the Nevada State Troopers... plus the trucker had spent time in jail in California for pulling this running the construction area flaggers once before...

you just know he'll be back driving truck once again, unless Trump's Administration clamps down on this illegal immigration crap...

Fact check....

http://pvtimes.com/tonopah/esmeralda-crash-claims-lives-two-locals-closing-highway-11-hours

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is why those of us the were professional called them "steering wheel holders". Son and I did the OTR thing for five years before we got fed up and quit. This was after the open heart surgery "retired" me from the Sheriff's Dept. I just could not suffer the fools on he road or in the terminals.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Saw the same thing on 4th of July Pass is Colorado.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
probably following his gps. i have seen some trucks on roads that are barely passable with a car. gps takes away everyones common sense.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I get following the GPS, I've had mine lead me astray once; but how do you ignore at least 6 signs saying you don't belong there? That's willful stupidity.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a road close to our house that is about 5 mile down hill with parts at 18% grade. Last Fall a guy driving a full cement mixer followed his GPS down it. He ended up rolling it on close to the bottom. Killed him.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Just another inconsiderate truck driver who thinks the law doesn't apply to him!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I get following the GPS, I've had mine lead me astray once; but how do you ignore at least 6 signs saying you don't belong there? That's willful stupidity.

my camp is at the end of a mile long one lane dead end gravel road. the gps shows it connecting with another road but there is a about a 100 yard wide strip of wooded private property with just a narrow foot path connecting the two. we have multiple dead end signs all along the road, including one that says "your GPS is WRONG". we have had several ups trucks buried to the axles stuck on the path. last year we had an 18 wheeler come down and get buried in the snow trying to turn around. we had a truck come down one time and try to turn around in my neighbors yard and ripped down their satellite dish, cable and pole and try to run off but they got caught.

My diploma is a DD214
C
C
I have worked road construction for most of my life and public traffic is a real PITA. Seen idiots bypass flaggers, pass the pilot car and get stuck and hold up traffic for hours while we were getting them unstuck. One time we were using a one lane township road for a detour with pilot car and a semi ran out of fuel in the middle. I broke two chains before I got a cable heavy enough to stand the strain. After that I kept a cable on the blade and had to use often.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

318 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 44 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,345
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.