Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 46 47
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
This is worth supporting IMO, get the feds out of state business and save US taxpayers billions of dollars / year....
------------------------------------------------------------
Federal: Bill Introduced To End Federal Marijuana Prohibition

Representatives Tom Garrett (R-VA) and Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) have introduced bipartisan legislation, HR 1227, to exclude marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act, thus leaving states the authority to regulate the plant how best they see fit.

The “Ending Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2017” eliminates federal criminal penalties for possessing and growing the plant. This legislation gives states the power and flexibility to establish their own marijuana policies free from federal interference.

GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Am I the only one getting sick of smelling all the potheads walking around?

Last edited by Calvin; 03/10/17.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ten pages easy.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Has been illegal since 1937, would like to see the total $$$ wasted on enforcement..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Ten pages easy.

I'll go make the popcorn. whistle

[Linked Image]
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Calvin

Stuff is so strong now I smell it coming from autos on the freeway at 70 mph.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by sidepass
Originally Posted by Calvin

Stuff is so strong now I smell it coming from autos on the freeway at 70 mph.

I smelled it 30 years ago on the chocolate delivery boy who rear ended my Lincoln Mark IV with his delivery van. "Sorry man" - my shoulder still still hurts because of that dickweed.

Last edited by night_owl; 03/10/17.

abusus non tollit usum
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Its illegal here, and im sure still would be even if this legislation passed. Id just like to see the feds taken out of the equation and power given back to the states.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least it might let banks handle some of that 734 trillion dollars in small bills sitting around in pot shops in states where it's legal.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
anyone ever seen the Internal Revenue Code.. it has something like 20 plus pages detailing the regulation and taxation of Marijuana.

go to a Federal Depository Library ( for those who know what they are) and one can look that sort of stuff up...

I'm 100% against the legalization of it....and live in an area that there is a sea of it being grown... and see first hand all the social problems it brings into a town, even tho its suppose to be a "victimless crime"......

but hey, even I know I am swimming against the tide...

it'll be legalized everywhere and once it causes enough problems like it does in this town and county, they'll start regulating it once again...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Get it off the Schedule I list so companies can freely research any benefits that may be provided by the dozens of CBD's in Cannabis plants.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I don't get the money and publicity on attacking the "opiod crisis to save a generation" then the next breath talking about legalizing pot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once legalized and state legislatures get hold of the tax money I doubt it would be prohibited again.

Not to beat a tired drum but alcohol right now causes far more problems, highway injuries and deaths, broken families and God knows what else than marijuana, and tobacco is killing more people by slow strangulation every year and no one is even remotely thinking of prohibiting those.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The states can regulate it, if they choose. It makes no sense at all for states to make it legal, but the feds to keep it illegal.
If something is "legal", there should be no avenue for prosecution, at the whim of the feds...

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
...I...see first hand all the social problems it brings into a town, even tho its suppose to be a "victimless crime"...

This is largely due to its present illegality and the war on drugs.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Get it off the Schedule I list so companies can freely research any benefits that may be provided by the dozens of CBD's in Cannabis plants.

This says it all: A schedule 1 right next to heroine and opiates is BS, give the power back to the states...let the Feds deal with real problems.

Making weed appear socially acceptable to young children, will cause major problems down the road...but drinking causes more deaths than weed ever will.

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

I don't get the money and publicity on attacking the "opiod crisis to save a generation" then the next breath talking about legalizing pot.

except opium and cannabis are different things. Colorado has a big increase in population and a decrease in use of pot by "children". And no I do not nor ever have used.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Please tell me you don't vote.....

Lets start with one being one being one of the most physically addicting substance known to man, and the other one not physically addictive to any significant extent.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whats this gooberment do when it can't seem to win a war?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kennyd

except opium and cannabis are different things. Colorado has a big increase in population and a decrease in use of pot by "children". And no I do not nor ever have used.

I find that very hard to believe...for very long.

Now that's it's recreational legal and Mom/Dad/Gramps are burning a blunt in the living room daily, that child will be following suit at some point...many studies have been done on smoking/drinking influences of parents on children for years.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 46 47

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 55 invisible), 2,869 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,440
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.