Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by mohick
One thing for sure the old P O S SOB will get someday! Used to be an old PR%^K like that around here when I was a kid , Had every animal you can imagine,country. legal or else in his trophy room, wouldn't do a thing to help the poor or anyone else, low and behold one night a tornado struck and strung horns, hides, fur,whatever else, 20 miles across the country!! KARMA is a cruel biotch hahahahha good luck TODD you old COC$%^cker

You should be ashamed.

The guy supports everything from youth teams (baseball,soccer,fast pitch etc) to conservation RMEF and so on and so on.
His mill has employed a town and he built it him self from the ground up.
You are a fool.
That's no excuse for knowlingly breaking the law and being a lazy slob hunter.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
JJD Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
He and the guide both knew it was illegal otherwise they would not have transported it to a different unit to gut it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JJD
He and the guide both knew it was illegal otherwise they would not have transported it to a different unit to gut it.

I know a hunter who always takes the whole deer somewhere else to gut it. It never made sense to me.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ya'll need to read Blood Ties by Ted Kerasote for a good insight into the addiction that is big money trophy hunting.
If you're any kind of a man at all you'll realize that it's a sad example of human behavior and certainly not something to be proud of regardless of how many jobs you've created or how much money you give to charity..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Next year besides spike and true spikes WA regs will add a section defining Really Truly Honestly Sure 'Nuff Spikes that don't have any bumps more than 3.15 inches from the base of smooth antlers. That leaves plenty of room to add more categories of spike elk in future years.

I think the guy knew better. That's one topic.

The regs are a complicated mess. That's another topic.

IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
The letter he got from WDFW says right in it that if the hunter has any questions he was to call Jerry Nelson or Rich Harris at WDFW. They claimed to have called Cory Peterson, Morgan Grant & Capt Mann on Monday to get clarification, but Jerry Nelson is the individual authorized by WDFW to answer any questions regarding the deer or elk aspect of this tag and Rich Harris questions with regard to the sheep hunt and nobody else is.

So why did they not call Jerry Nelson? This "hunt" took place on a Tuesday morning and there was no attempt to call either of them.

And yes the bull was shot in 334 and transported whole to 228 before being gutted.

Attached Images
E. WA auction tag 2015 (3)_Page_4.jpg (68.29 KB, 14 downloads)
Last edited by JDHasty; 03/10/17.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JDHasty
The letter he got from WDFW says right in it that if the hunter has any questions he was to call Jerry Nelson or Rich Harris at WDFW. They claimed to have called Cory Peterson, Morgan Grant & Capt Mann on Monday to get clarification, but Jerry Nelson is the individual authorized by WDFW to answer any questions regarding the deer or elk aspect of this tag and Rich Harris questions with regard to the sheep hunt and nobody else is.

So why did they not call Jerry Nelson? This "hunt" took place on a Tuesday morning and there was no attempt to call either of them.

And yes the bull was shot in 334 and transported whole to 228 before being gutted.

You ever try to get hold of a particular agent? I have. Often it doesn't work.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by Ringman

You ever try to get hold of a particular agent? I have. Often it doesn't work.

They are both Section Managers, there has been no claim that anybody attempted to call either of them. Given that there are only a few of these Raffle and Auction Tags opportunities and they all have certain special restrictions that apply to them it is entirely reasonable to have one individual become expert in those restrictions and serve as a point of contact through which questions can be correctly answered.

I attached the second page of the Raffle Tag award and instructions letter above. Here is Page one

Attached Images
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The guy paid big money to the state for one f'ing bull and took one f'ing bull. This state is so mismanaged and the regs so ridiculous that I really don't GAS. I called a regional biologist last summer regarding a hunt for my children and never got a return call. I left several messages over the course of several weeks and the fat ass bull dike couldn't return my calls. I finally started calling several times a day until I got her.

There are a lot of liberals here that are real quick to eat their own. I don't know the guy or have a dog in this fight but I do know that one bull elk isn't going to make any difference. He paid a lot for one bull and killed one bull.

The elk are so bad on my buddy's ranch that the game department just gave him another half dozen depredation tags. If I can find the time away from the new boat I may go harvest more meat. Several bulls just caused $5,000 in damage to his truck jumping on the hood and windshield to get into his hay barn. He ain't far from Ellensburg so I really doubt the loss of one bull is going to impact the reproductive rate of the herd.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
No he didn't.

He paid $6.00 for the winning Raffle chance. No more, no less. He didn't pay any more for his winning chance than would someone's grandmother who had bought a single $6 chance.

IIRC, he purchased 312 non winning chances as well. It wouldn't matter if he had purchased 100,000 chances and had won. His 99,000 non winning chances, he shelled out north of a half million dollars for, still wouldn't give him any right what so ever to go breaking the law any more than does a loosing ticket give the purchaser of a single chance the right to break the law.

He only paid $6.00 for the winning chance and is no more entitled than had been my hypothetical purchaser a single chance to go around making up his own rules.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No he didn't.

He paid $6.00 for the winning Raffle chance. No more, no less. He didn't pay any more for his winning chance than would someone's grandmother who had bought a single $6 chance.

IIRC, he purchased 312 non winning chances as well. It wouldn't matter if he had purchased 100,000 chances and had won. His 99,000 non winning chances, he shelled out north of a half million dollars for, still wouldn't give him any right what so ever to go breaking the law any more than does a loosing ticket give the purchaser of a single chance the right to break the law.

He only paid $6.00 for the winning chance and is no more entitled than had been my hypothetical purchaser a single chance to go around making up his own rules.

Why is this such a big deal to you? Don't you have a life?

Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No he didn't.

It must really suck to have a self worth so low that someone else can have such an impact on your life. I'd suggest you start to work on building yourself up as opposed to trying to bring another man down.

I mean how effective has your mission been thus far?

Last edited by heavywalker; 03/10/17.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Apparently ignorance of the law IS a defense after all.........

I can only hope Washington appeals.

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
JD doesn't have the courage to say where he's from but from the tone and tenor of his posts on this subject my guess is New Jersey or Massachusetts. Like I said earlier, it matters to me in the least, the only pleasure I derive is knowing for sure that WDFW is completely inept. If "poaching" was such a priority for the WDFW they'd be on the waterfront at every fishing pier writing tickets until their hands cramped to non-English speaking immigrants. Or up in the hills around Wenatchee or Yakima or anywhere catching the Mexicans and Russians shooting the chit out of our game. Or they could spend their time on the Columbia dealing with sturgeon poachers. Instead they lose a major case against a rich white guy with a tag.

As usual WDFW is incompetent and worth less than a bagofshit.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Originally Posted by heavywalker
No he didn't.

It must really suck to have a self worth so low that someone else can have such an impact on your life. I'd suggest you start to work on building yourself up as opposed to trying to bring another man down.

I mean how effective has your mission been thus far?

The elk was transported from GMU 334 to GMU 228 before being gutted.

A more important question is: What motivates people to defend someone who has shown a proclivity to wantonly flaunt the Game Regulations? Particularly when, in the words of his accomplice: This animal was a neighborhood pet and shooting him was likely to spark outrage. (that is a paraphrase)

For God's sake, in all honesty, can anyone lay out a scenario in which this escapade was ever going to "end well?"

Thankfully, although the vast majority of hunters who have been discussing this incident, either online or at our local Rod & Gun clubs, recognized how this act could reflect negatively on all hunters - that has not come to pass.

Sportsmen were on-board early and almost unanimous in their criticism, months before the story showed up in the Seattle Times, and irrespective of how you feel about the legacy media, when the story came to the attention of folks beyond the Kittitas valley, sportsmen were given recognition for being outraged over the recklessness of this act.

If you go online and read the comments that have been posted, it is "trophy hunters," who participate in the Auction Tag opportunities, who people are coming down hard on. And, that really isn't fair either. Is it?

I don't participate in the Auction Tag opportunities, but I know many who do and one of those who does, I know very well. I call him a friend.

Almost all of them would never dream of pulling a stunt like this and this puts them in a spotlight that they almost all go to great lengths to avoid.

Oh, I am not saying that they don't like to bask in the glory of their hunting accomplishments when among peers, but by and large they just want to be left alone to pursue their passion of hunting and to derive a bit of pleasure from being able to take advantage of the recognition that most sportsmen willingly give to those who open their wallet up so that we all have more opportunity to pursue big game.

Hey, those of you who object across the board to us giving them this opportunity, as a big THANK YOU recognition for being the high bidder, come down off your high horse and understand that without the money these "high net worth" individuals give, we would all be poorer and knock off the bashing of those who could buy acreage for their exclusive use, or go hunting in Alaska or Africa, or whatever.

And, make absolutely no mistake about it, that is how the VAST majority of Auction winners see it. We give them something extra special as recognition for their generosity, and they recognize how blessed they are to be able and to have been to be a part in that give and take. And they act accordingly.

But the Tags are not a "free for all," they have a few, very few, restrictions attached to them and almost to a man they go out of their way to respect the limitations placed on the Tag they won.

That is what is so damnably frustrating to me. Here is a man who was caught up in scandal in 2007 or 2008, and when all the dust cleared, even though most thought he got off light, he was basically "forgiven."

When his future participation in these opportunities were being discussed, it was about 50/50 regarding him being eligible to participate.

If you don't think rehabilitating his rep was unimportant to him. It was during this time his bidding up his own high bid has been highlighted in his defense. Hey, here is a guy that had the high bid in, but bid against himself to raise the money that was donated. Yea Todd! But the question that must be answered is: was Todd genuinely interested in giving more for the sake of elk, or for the sake of rehabilitating Todd's image? Only Todd knows the answer to that question. And if Todd had kept his nose clean nobody else outside of Todd haters would have ever had reason to bring that up. But Todd did not keep his nose clean. So the question is relevant. Is it not?

I have to believe that had Todd erred on the side of caution in the future, his reputation would have been rehabilitated. But, what did Todd do? His check did not bounce, he kept up his part of the bargain in that regard. He accepted his "thank you" for his generosity, in the form of an opportunity most of us could only dream about, and then "spit in our eye" by saying "that is not enough." I want more.

Twice now Todd went beyond the spirit of the law, and the letter of the law, maybe not in this latest escapade not the letter of the law, and Todd has taken something more, something we sportsmen thought was not on the table and something the State tried to say was not included in what was given to him as recognition of a person who has been extra-generous.

I guess it boils down to whether someone who sees this opportunity as recognition for someone who goes above and beyond, or as payback for a debt owed,and Todd thinks he gets to be the arbiter of when the "debt" has been settled.

That is not acceptable to me.

Of those I referenced earlier who I know, who see these hunting opportunities as recognition of their generosity, they look at the opportunity in the light of being blessed with an opportunity most can only dream about. And do not look for ways, by hook or by crook, to "one up" the other "high net worth" individual sitting at the table they are sitting at by taking a trophy with more inches of horn.

Read about my friend here:
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19910922&id=gENWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=mOoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6525,5192645&hl=en

Maybe, this is what motivates me. Have you ever considered that? Here is a man who has put his money where his mouth is. He supports wild sheep anyway and he went WAY out of his way to show that the guy that buys a chance, or ten, but has three kids and a mortgage, that his contribution to wild sheep, by kicking in a few bucks to buy a chance or ten, and supports wild sheep to the best of their ability, one of you are going to be able to take advantage of a hunt of a lifetime.

And Jim, most definitely did not lack the resources to make taking a State record head almost a certainty. If he wanted to buy a State record ram, he could have. He wanted to use the opportunity to show the average sportsman how much he wants them to know he recognizes that your contributions in the aggregate are recognized by him as as valuable as his.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
So invested, but why?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
JD, What state do you claim residence in? And seriously, why are you so invested in this? You have around 12 posts that deal with something other than this guy and his BS. Were you the arresting or assisting officer? 😂

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
JD, What state do you claim residence in? And seriously, why are you so invested in this? You have around 12 posts that deal with something other than this guy and his BS. Were you the arresting or assisting officer? 😂

JD is a city of auburn employee and he lives in Tacoma according to Rich guys.

He will not pay his bet. He lost and is a scumbag POS.
JD I will keep an eye out for the NRA stickers you so proudly rock.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks Fred. What's he do for the city of Auburn?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
From what I can find he's an engineer.

Last edited by fredIII; 03/10/17.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 68 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,011
Posts18,500,243
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.