-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Without going into the implications of sins, transgressions, immortal souls, and vengeful or forgiving supreme beings,....
I will posit that misinterpreting Biblical text is probably a LOT safer than so doing with handloading "manuals"....
I really can't recall a Bible ripping the side of anybody's head off recently,....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I know when I can't get the exact velocity out of my loads that Nosler/Hodgdon, etc lists in their load data, I get really pissed and just start cramming more powder in there until I do. Then I tell people how stupid they are for doubting my methods.

Not to worry, ringdingaling will gin up a new wildcat cartridge to achieve his warp speed velicity. He only needs to find a suitable action that's impossible for him to fųuck up.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Ringman, the reason you should post stuff like this on the "Ask the Gunwriters" forum is that there are many competent gunwriters there, such as John Barsness. Since you don't want to believe what nine pages of guys have told you here, you can believe what they will tell you there: STOP!

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Guy wants a Mark V action and a 270 Win chambering.

And y'all are surprised by his reloading strategy?

The best way to get higher velocities in a MkV in .270 is to get one chambered for .270 Weatherby and run it within SAAMI pressures.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Ringman, the reason you should post stuff like this on the "Ask the Gunwriters" forum is that there are many competent gunwriters there, such as John Barsness. Since you don't want to believe what nine pages of guys have told you here, you can believe what they will tell you there: STOP!

Party Pooper! blush

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RWE
should be able to rig one of these up with a powder die.

[Linked Image]

You should be able to rig up a factory crimp die to a second one of these and put some muscle to it and get a really strong crimp that should give ya about an extra 100fps without too much effort or too much pressure.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Look, SAAMI is for the lawyers and to cover everyone's azz. We all know ow modern day guns can take much more pressure than that.

So my suggestion to the OP is to fill that case with blue dot until it's overflowing, then crush a 110 pill on top of that.

Works everytime for me.

Last edited by duck911; 03/21/17.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Blue Dot is old school, make the move to filling cases with Flash Powder for the ultimate experience in rearranging body parts.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

You never checked with a company what they used for their products?

Apparently you are not familiar with the Weatherby Mark V six lug action. It was originally designed around the .30-06 instead of the nine lug designed around the .300 Weatherby. The action is only 1.140" instead of 1.350". A larger round will not fit in this action safely.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Rule of thumb, 10% silver nitrate by weight for super duper magnum load...

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I know when I can't get the exact velocity out of my loads that Nosler/Hodgdon, etc lists in their load data, I get really pissed and just start cramming more powder in there until I do. Then I tell people how stupid they are for doubting my methods.

Usually I make wildcats. Since I am using one of Barnes bullet, and this is a factory cartridge, I called Barnes to find out what they used. I guess some of you guys here know more than the boys who do this for a living.

I hope you are enjoying yourself in your loading. But telling others how stupid they are probably doesn't accomplish much.

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Please show me where I haven't accepted what others have told me. would they be as smart alecie as some of the posters here?

Everyday Hunter
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

The best way to get higher velocities in a MkV in .270 is to get one chambered for .270 Weatherby and run it within SAAMI pressures.

If one is running a nine lug action running a .270 Wea is going to work. To ask a bullet manufacturer what they run and then backing off a couple grains for a starting load seems to go over most of the posters here.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman, What is your take on the benefits of those six and nine lug bolt actions (other than enabling fewer degrees of bolt rotation for open/close).

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
Please show me where I haven't accepted what others have told me. would they be as smart alecie as some of the posters here?

Time for a new sig line

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Ringman, What is your take on the benefits of those six and nine lug bolt actions (other than enabling fewer degrees of bolt rotation for open/close).

You mentioned the shorter throw. That's a plus. I have no desired to own a nine lug Weatherby. They are too heavy. I sold the one I had.

The reason I gravitated to the six lug Weatherby Mark V action is it weighs twenty-six ounces. It is also about .200" smaller in diameter than the larger actions on the market. So the barrel makers make their barrels about .200" smaller to start with. The setup before this one has a Proof Research Weatherby shape stock, 26" barrel, a 5-25X52 scope and still came in at 6 lb and 13 oz. I switched to the 4 1/2-30X50 and it still weighs 7 lb 1 oz. I can work the action without taking the rifle down from my shoulder. Even my Savage functions easily from a shouldered position.

I tried to work the action with my Pierce and every time it would start back in and get sticky. I went to Sportsman and tried a Christensen Arms, Fierce, and one other. All of them did exactly what the Pierce did. I now have two of the six lug Weatherbys.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ringman
smart alecie

Now, THERE'S a word for the books! grin

And no, they would never accuse you of being that. Whatever it is...

A regular alecie maybe. laugh

Last edited by rockinbbar; 03/21/17.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Go beyond a merely compressed load, and broken grains,....

Drill out the flash hole and use a magnum primer, duplex over that with 5% WOC Bullseye,.....just get it over with.

There's something WRONG about you, and this continual STUPID theme you harp on.

STFU and go away, or post about your "experiments" in a reasonably SANE realm, you [bleep] fool.

GTC

Mincing words again, I see......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Yep, I do the same, I think I read that in one of Mule Deer's books grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (1_deuce, 12savage, 264mag, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 37 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,488
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.