Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
rwblue Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I want to know generalities Baptist, Lutheran, Methodist�.
<br>
<br>I hope I am not getting too personal here. My guess is most of you are firm in your religious beliefs. I am not where you are in your religious beliefs. I am still trying to figure things out. You can expect a few more questions from me.
<br>
<br>Thanks

I love this place at night. The stars ... there's no right or wrong in them. They're just there.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Welcome to the fire. Come on in and set a while.

Yes, I go just about every Sunday, including Sunday School. The church my family and I attend is a Nazerene Church. I guess we're pretty close to Lutheran If you never heard of us.

It's not easy from the start. I've been saved for about 8 years, and it still isn't easy for me. Hopefuly, you'll find a good church with folks who will help you find the way, and support you in prayer. I did, and it made all the difference.

Merry Christmas.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes we do.

St. Bede's Catholic Church in Flintridge, CA. Holy Family is closer, but we don't like it there so much.

Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, 7:00 AM mass at Sacred Heart in Punta Gorda, FL "It's not a building, it's the people".

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Q
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Q
Cherry Valley Assembly of God, Cherry Valley NY.
My wife and I love it there, the love of Christ and the unity of
His spirit. A small church with big heart.

Qtip

Soli Deo Gloria

"It's not a matter of legislating morality; it's a question of whose morality gets legislated"
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Washington Park Fellowship; non-denominational (formerly A of G) church located in Webster Groves, MO. Been there (except for the years I was away at college) for about 25 years; met my lovely wife there through the coed softball team. Wonderful body of believers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
fast-growing southern baptist church. grace is preached first here, and Holy Spirit welcomed at every service. man, what a community!

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
T LEE - Often when the family is out of town, I'll go to the 7:00 AM. On one of these occasions, it was just past 8:00 and I was outside tending the front garden already. A protestant neighbor and friend yelled down the street at me accusing me of skipping out. When I yelled back at her 'bout the 7:00 o-clock, she yelled: "Your sick!"

I live in an ethnic area. Our church caters to a large Polish contingent. When I go to the 7:00 o-clock, the regulars are mostly OLD Polish people who don't seem very, shall we say, awake. At least that was what I thought, until the organist strikes up and sings a traditional Polish hymn and I'll tell ya' those people come ALIVE!

Merry Christmas, sse

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sacred Heart is loaded for all the Sunday Masses and the 7:00 AM on weekdays also, a real active and friendly Parish. Most of the members reflect the age of our area, but we also have a very active youth ministry for the young. It is gratifying to see such a community these days! And yes some of my Protestant neighbors think we are "sick" getting up and going to Church that early on a Sunday, but then we have the rest of the day for other pursuits and sharing family. Just as important as the actual Worship.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, it's called the woods. Everytime I am out hunting or fishing, I am in church.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hey steel:

you need that community, too, my brother. the woods can provide solace, indeed, but not community.

last friday i finished planning my sunday school lesson while sitting in a tree stand so i could bring something to the table of my church community on sunday.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, My family and I go to New Horizon Church, a non-denominational in Durham, NC. It's fantastic. We've been there about 12 years. It was formerly an A of G. I teach Sunday School to 8 - 11 year old boys once a month. I can't imagine how poor my life would be without it.

Jeff

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Thanks for the thought, perhaps it is necessary for you, but not for me. Not that I don't need people, but I don't need them in a church setting. Happy New Year.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steelhead,

I am the last person to like social events, but to be Biblically correct, "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another" Heb 10:25 (NIV).

To all,

I list Aof G as my denomination on my dog tags, but am currently attending an Evangelical Free Chruch. I am there three services each Sunday.....

Blaine

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bethesda Baptist Church Carrollton, GA

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have no problem meeting socially, I just don't believe in church. Quoting scripture is great, but I can read it for myself. What I enjoy is learning about others, how they are, there family, there thoughts, fears, etc. That is what is great. When we start quoting scripture, we are not sharing anything about ourselves, we just become salesmen. Nope, not for me.

AFP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Steelhead,

My mistake. I thought you were a Christian. To a Christian, quoting Scripture is always appropriate. I think you'll find in talking with Christians about Christian issues, we really have no interest in someone's opinion unless it is backed by Scripture. For us, the Bible is the ultimate authority.

Now when we deal with non-believers, we do first establish accuracy and reliability of the Bible so we can have a common point of reference. Otherwise, Christians and non-Christians just can't commincate on spiritual matters, which is what is happening here.

Blaine

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can communicate on a human level, which seems to be the failing of so many. How do you know that I am not a Christian? Perhaps not according to your guide lines. I just wish someone would have an original thought on there own. It is provincial people, such as yourself, that keep me from "Church".

In my original reply I told the poster where I went to church. Now some people want tell me that what I call church is really not it. I would assume you would also have a problem if I told you I went to a synagog. I answer a question in a post. What I do not require is someone telling me I am wrong in my approach. Shame on you. I didn't suggest to the poster, or others that they were incomplete in the churches they attend, I certainly don't need it from you. GOD BLESS.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
AFP - I told ya. Some people don't know what they need.

Regards, sse

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You guys are priceless. Thank God for the seperation of church and state.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,229 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,187
Posts18,523,903
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.